iPhone 15

Waiting another year if I can. 3-4 years is usually good for me and my 12 Pro Max is still going strong.

The new IPhone 15 Pro Max has up to 1TB of storage. The IPhone 14 Pro Max just went up to 512 GB.

The new IPhone 15 Pro Max’s just about doubled their storage capacity from the 14’s…

That’s straight as hell.

The new IPhone 15 Pro Max has up to 1TB of storage. The IPhone 14 Pro Max just went up to 512 GB.

The new IPhone 15 Pro Max’s just about doubled their storage capacity from the 14’s…

That’s straight as hell.
I dont think that's right, my wife has a 14 pro max with 1TB

it cost a small fortune, something like 1600 or so..... this one is going to set me back 1099 for the pro - 480 for the 13 pro trade in - 70 for an older ipad I have laying around

with tax and all, about 700, not thrilled and not too bad.

Someone please tell me the charger port won’t be that tiny little trapezoid slot that you can’t tell which way is up or down and you break it off 50% of the time

Someone please tell me the charger port won’t be that tiny little trapezoid slot that you can’t tell which way is up or down and you break it off 50% of the time
Nah it's USB c. You'll be able to charge just fine when you're shitfaced lol

napoleon-dynamite-i-want-that.gif

Gotta get with the times. Uber voice command? Grub hub voice command? Netflix voice command favorite show? Apple auto social media page and network?

That’s straight as hell.

That sounds ghey......

OMG iPhones are soooo good.
I mean soooo good.
Like blue text bubble and shit.

I've always found that iPhone users are like some weird cult, always trying to get you to join....... When you ask them what's the benefits of joining they look blank at you like you're some weird person........

My iPhone XS is approaching four years old, got it in early February 2020. I think this might be the longest I’ve had an iPhone. Iirc this is the fifth iPhone I’ve owned, and that my previous ownership of iPhones has looked like this:

July 2012 to July 2015 - iPhone 4 - this one met a watery grave after it went through the wash in the pocket of my jeans after I shit my pants from a bad case of diarrhea

july 2015 to January 2016 - iPhone 5C - this one was seemingly a lemon as it randomly died after a mere six months. Screen went bright pink all of a sudden and it got very hot, then it was just dead. Apple replaced it for me under warranty.

January 2016 to April 2018 - replacement iPhone 5C. Had a horribly cracked screen after I was rolling around in pain from a kidney stone in March 2017 and it slid out of my pocket and crushed under my knee

April 2018 to February 2020 - iPhone SE - needed to replace this one as the charging port was having serious problems.

My XS is basically the only one thats never given me any grief.

That hole in the screen reminds me of goatse.
Holes in the screen are one of the worst designs in general, but this huge one is just awful.

They're up to 15 already?

That's one new phone every year. Surely there have been a few copy-pasted ones along the way. No way technology improves that fast for them to be genuine upgrades every time.

It's stupid that there's a new one every year. You'd think these phones are good enough that each number would last 3-4 years before a major upgrade.

It's stupid that there's a new one every year. You'd think these phones are good enough that each number would last 3-4 years before a major upgrade.
I think there's just a lot of different options. No one has to buy all four models or however many they have every year.
By the way fun fact. Apple doesn't make most of its moolah from phones. It's from apps.

I have the iPhone XR. It’s the cheaper version of the X with a crappier camera. I got it in 2018. The newer phones look nice. Better cameras and nicer displays. I’d like to upgrade because I actually watch a lot of tv shows and movies on my phone but I’m just too cheap. I’ll probably wait until this one craps out.

Nothing grants permission to surveil more than a smart phone and I’m absolutely certain that it gets worse with every upgrade.

Add to that the fact that Apple plans obsolescence and intentionally accelerates deterioration of older tech and well… there you go.

The new phone just does what the previous phone can do, slightly better and that's hardly newsworthy. I think it's funny about all the hoopla that iphone is finally (forced to) getting usb-c since it's already a very widespread standard and I watched mkbhd vid about the phone and apparently only the pro and pro max version are getting usb3 controller. Which means 15 and 15 plus are still getting usb 2 transfer speed. That's just fucked up for flagship price phones.

Does titanium dissapate (how you spell that?) heat better than aluminum? Does titanium eliminate the need for a case?

I trust iPhone more because they won't let Facebook steal and sell your info. I like the walled garden and how they still release iOS updates after they stop supporting the older iOS if there's some serious vulnerability because so many still use the older devices because they still work ok.

The new phone just does what the previous phone can do, slightly better and that's hardly newsworthy. I think it's funny about all the hoopla that iphone is finally (forced to) getting usb-c since it's already a very widespread standard and I watched mkbhd vid about the phone and apparently only the pro and pro max version are getting usb3 controller. Which means 15 and 15 plus are still getting usb 2 transfer speed. That's just fucked up for flagship price phones.
Maybe the decision was part greed and part limited supply of the parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back