Invicta 7 card announced

Shannon Knapp tweeted that there will be more fight announcements coming.

I hope this will include Rowdy Bec and Thug Rose! In fact, those two up against each other would be a great fight :cool:

Interesting that they made Herrig vs Torres and not Herrig vs Calderwood, from a business standpoint Herrig vs Calderwood makes more sense IMO. Calderwood is closer to a title shot than Torres and Herrig is one of the most popular fighters out there, as well as ranked higher, although I do think Kankaanpaa is better than Herrig. Perhaps the thought process was that Kankaanpaa is stiffer test and has similar qualities to Esparza/Gadelha.

I think Nakamoto will KO Taylor and should move onto the UFC, if not then her vs Cyborg would be fun.

I'm looking forward to another Invicta card.

Shannon Knapp tweeted that there will be more fight announcements coming.

That was in regards to Hyatt and Namajunas having fights on the January card.

She was asked if she was going to try out for TUF - not interested.

UFC reportedly offered her a contract - not interested.

Her friend and training partner Sarah D'Alelio says she's not interesting in fighting in the UFC and feels more comfortable in a female-only organization.

I can understand not wanting to do TUF but a contract straight in? Weird. Who was the source?

She was asked if she was going to try out for TUF - not interested.

UFC reportedly offered her a contract - not interested.

Her friend and training partner Sarah D'Alelio says she's not interesting in fighting in the UFC and feels more comfortable in a female-only organization.

fair enough. seems strange that a fighter doesn't want to fight in the big show.... but it is her choice.

how is Nakamoto a prospect? she is a 37 year old former kickboxer. yes she is a good striker, but does she have a ground game?

Being 2-0, I dont care what a fighters age is, experience is what makes her a prospect.

Interesting that they made Herrig vs Torres and not Herrig vs Calderwood, from a business standpoint Herrig vs Calderwood makes more sense IMO. Calderwood is closer to a title shot than Torres and Herrig is one of the most popular fighters out there, as well as ranked higher, although I do think Kankaanpaa is better than Herrig. Perhaps the thought process was that Kankaanpaa is stiffer test and has similar qualities to Esparza/Gadelha.

I think Nakamoto will KO Taylor and should move onto the UFC, if not then her vs Cyborg would be fun.

I'm looking forward to another Invicta card.

That was in regards to Hyatt and Namajunas having fights on the January card.

I can understand not wanting to do TUF but a contract straight in? Weird. Who was the source?

Here You go.

miriam-nakamoto-01.jpg

Miriam Nakamoto MMAJunkie Radio Interview
53 minutes in

Cliff Notes

• Thinks a Cyborg vs. Julie Kitchen would a great fight in Muay Thai

• Wants to continue to defend her Muay Thai belts

• Fighting on Invicta 7, will be last fight on contract

• Loves treatment from Invicta, prefers a female promoter over a male promoter

• Turned down an offer from the UFC

So its the last fight on her deal and a title fight, if she wins I'm sure the UFC will come with another offer, lets see what she does then.

Being 2-0, I dont care what a fighters age is, experience is what makes her a prospect.

i always looked at someone who is a prospect due to being inexperienced but has a lot of talent and just needs time to improve their overall game. at 37 she doesn't really have that much time.

ShowtimeSports-Logo1.jpg

or

CBS-Sports-Network.jpg

or

AXS-TV.jpg

Whaddya think?

Showtime or NBC Sports. I think NBC wouldnt be a bad fight to combine Invicta with WSOF. Build around both orgs,

Showtime is focused on boxing so I dont think they mkae that move. CBS Sports is a terrible move since they are the worst sports net. AXS fits with mma content but they arent in alot of homes.

Showtime is probably the best for overall viewers since they have boxing they can promote it during and have combat sports fans, NBC SPorts would be second.

maybe showtime or CBS, but no way AXS tv. she ripped the shit out of them in a recent interview.

also this is possible as well

images

You're right, I forgot about that. She said something about being a Time Warner subscriber and Axs tv being available to her.

No way Fox signs them unless the UFC bought Invicta. It wouldnt be a bad home for them though but right now with so much UFC already being shown I dont think they want another mma org.

Calderwood vs Kankaanp

So its the last fight on her deal and a title fight, if she wins I'm sure the UFC will come with another offer, lets see what she does then.

Yep... Murphy is by far the best wrestler that Nakamoto will have ever faced. It's a great test to gauge how she'd fare against the top grapplers in the UFC. If she wins convincingly, the UFC is for sure going to show her the money.

Back