Invicta 7 card announced

Only if Zuffa buys them.

I can actually see Dana changing his mind and starting a 115 and 125 divsion in 2014. FOX will want another female TUF soon. Dana will listen to whatever FOX wants.

A Zuffa purchase isn't out of the realm of possibilities. Even without one, if you claim that FOX will want another female TUF that means they're interested in WMMA (which wouldn't be surprising at all given the TUF ratings). So if that's the case, then why wouldn't they be interested in Invicta?

Funny how they might be putting a belt on someone who probably won't even be in the company after the event. But Shannon Knapp is smart and knows the top 10 and even top 20 ranked 135 fighters are heading to UFC. Yet she still wants a belt even though she only has a few in house bantamweights that are not contracted to Zuffa. Just call it the "Hot Potato belt" or "I'm Heading to UFC" title. So I think it is more for the fighters to make them more attractive to UFC. Otherwise 135 fights in Invicta would be exhibitions.

Their will be bantamweights coming back Invicta FC's way as they get cut from the UFC. If those cut fighters get an Invicta FC title would their next fight be back in the UFC?

I think Nakamoto would give Cyborg a run for her money. Hell, I'ma say it, Nakamoto would beat Cyborg at 145 or 135.

Also, this whole thing seems to be going the way the WEC and UFC went. Slowly adding fighters and taking away divisions before merging completely.

Nakamoto is 37 she probably isnt interested in going to UFC because she wont in mma for much longer. No point in going there if she knows it'll be very short term.

1001486_566931070017101_1602020955_n.jpg

Invicta FC

Will Esparza and Herrig fight each other?

They have previously before they were friends like they are now. I don't think they will, to be honest. Felice was talking about a move to 105 before, she may have too if Carla holds the crown at 115 for a while.

Nakamoto is 37 she probably isnt interested in going to UFC because she wont in mma for much longer. No point in going there if she knows it'll be very short term.

Wouldn't that be a reason to actually go? The fact she isn't getting younger and now would be the time to possibly make the most money.

I'm kind of disappointed that Nakamoto rejected the offer by the UFC. Realistically, I don't see her getting called up to defend her muay thai titles that often.

As for as Gadelha, I believe she's going to control Esparza and either finish or UD her.

yeah i'm sure she is happy making 5K/5K in Invicta. why would she want to make more per fight plus possibly making a 50K bonus. lets not even forget about the added sponsorship..... yep, would be a terrible move.

I'm kind of disappointed that Nakamoto rejected the offer by the UFC. Realistically, I don't see her getting called up to defend her muay thai titles that often.

As for as Gadelha, I believe she's going to control Esparza and either finish or UD her.

i was trying to get some info regarding her Muay Thai fights, but was drawing a blank. how many times in the last two-three years has she fought Muay Thai???

i understand the problem she faces with the UFC (no Muay Thai fights) but is this really worth the money/fame she could lose by not joining the UFC.

Any card with Leslie Smith = I'm going to watch.

Jojo vs "Killer Bunny" is also exciting, as is "Tiny Tornado" vs Herring.

Is Waterson gonna defend that strap or what?

i was trying to get some info regarding her Muay Thai fights, but was drawing a blank. how many times in the last two-three years has she fought Muay Thai???

i understand the problem she faces with the UFC (no Muay Thai fights) but is this really worth the money/fame she could lose by not joining the UFC.
Couldn't find much either about how many times she fought mT this year (why is it so difficult to find KB/MT records/data??), but it was at least once - August 24th 2013 (http://www.wckmuaythai.com/2013/08/24/ferocious-best-describes-the-glut-of-exciting-muay-thai-fights-at-pechanga/)

I think she might just be waiting for a better offer from the UFC - or maybe Invicta pays her really really well.

Back