Interview with Mayhem Miller from jail.

I'd have been more shocked if he had called from home tbh.

Interested, you can listen in your browser..

I'd have been more shocked if he had called from home tbh.
BIa5was.jpg

It starts at 11:53.... or maybe 10:53

Phil Baroni & Mayhem

can't listen at work but I'd put money on the fact he's suffering from CTE. he went from just being a fun loving goof to being very unpredictable and having a complete lack of sound judgement.

Was going to listen to the podcast until I saw it was "Jason Miller and Phil Balogne", that's too dangerous a combination of crazy and NY douche accent for me to tolerate.

can't listen at work but I'd put money on the fact he's suffering from CTE. he went from just being a fun loving goof to being very unpredictable and having a complete lack of sound judgement.

You can't really blame everything on CTE when substance abuse seems to be at play too.

You can't really blame everything on CTE when substance abuse seems to be at play too.
Often CTE leads to substance abuse although I would imagine Mayhem tried drugs before getting CTE.

I can't help but remember the quote of him saying "the hardest fight he ever had was against his dad in a parking lot". So I imagine he's had a pretty fucked up life from the get go.

Often CTE leads to substance abuse although I would imagine Mayhem tried drugs before getting CTE.

Well, it will reduce your discipline toward the drugs you already take, but it won't arbitrarily and randomly force you to do meth. Athletes have issues with substance abuse including in sports where there are no risks of CTE. I think we idolize athletes so much that we look for excuse when their dark side is taking over. It's still a very sad story considering all the opportunities and success Mayhem had in his life at some point.

Why jail? Shouldnt he be in an asylum?

Shame the path the Miller went down. He was a legit fighter at one time. Used to love watching his fights.

Back