Interesting, Gsp just said BJ Penn is the most skilled fighter he's ever fought

This is where you lost me and started spewing non sense

1. Benson/Edgar already surpassed BJ

And If Conor beats Khabib, Conor is in the discussion for LW GOAT too (especially if Conor beats Tony too, Conor is LW GOAT)

2. BJ was great for his time.

He was among the first MMA fighters to actually properly utilize a jab.

The fact he was a BJJ black belt with a good jab was mind blowing for his time

But it's not any more

BJ failed to ever adapt or evolve

BJ never developed anything past his jab.

BJ never countered effectively

BJ never developed his boxing to incorporate fienting/leadhand work/rights or hooks off the jab. Combos etc. Never developed his footwork etc

You look today and Conor McGregor is doing advanced things light years ahead of anything BJ ever even knew about.

One example, Conor utilizes distance deception to create his countering oppurtunities

2nrzk3m.gif

Its so advanced for anything BJ ever did, BJ's head would probably explode watching footage of Conor

Conor has a sophisticated lead hand radar system with sophisticated fienting systems

BJ still probably doesn't know what those things are lol

Both BJ and Anderson were very rudimentry strikers who did well in the early stages of striking in MMA when striking was no where near developed

Conor's footwork and angles too. Psss

DirtyIdioticHyrax-size_restricted.gif

Flat footed, poor footwork BJ would have his head explode watching Conor lol

It is not even up for debate.

In reality it's the opposite, if you actually know fighting and know what you're watching, Conor is on a completely different level.

It's not to take anything away from BJ. BJ was amazing during this time.

Conor is simply the evolution and revolution of MMA striking and is the greatest boxer/striker MMA history has ever seen

In all honesty BJ is pretty over rated by nostalgia

You know why Conor would destroy BJ. Because Conor's lead hand control would take away BJ's jab hand and BJ (like Gsp) was a worse fighter without the ability to control and dictate to opponents with his jab.

In fact BJ without his jab is a worse fighter than GSP without his jab.

Nick Diaz put a boxing clinic on BJ. While Conor outboxed the shit out of the better Diaz brother

UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

BJ always struggled vs southpaws. BJ would have nothing for Conor lol

BJ Penn definitely has a much much better shot against Khabib though... but BJ could end up breaking another rib scrambling with Khabib lol (remember Hughes 2)

Khabib is the one top LW who BJ would have a chance against due to how one dimensional Khabib is
1. Nate Diaz is not better than Nick at any aspect of fighting
2. This is all irrelevant because Conor wouldn’t be able to stop BJ from taking him down and strangling him

You have difficulty understanding the gap in skill level between then and now. You use Matt Hughes (who was my favorite fighter growing up) as an example for how he would do the same to Lee; but Lee would smash prime Hughes. The fact that you think BJ would beat Conor and Khabib is so egregiously alien that I can’t even go into it, we’d just have to agree to disagree.
Kevin Lee is literally a smaller, less skilled version of Matt Hughes. He’s a slightly better striker but nowhere near as talented or fundamentally sound on the ground.

1. Nate Diaz is not better than Nick at any aspect of fighting
2. This is all irrelevant because Conor wouldn’t be able to stop BJ from taking him down and strangling him
Nate is wayyyyy better then Nick

Nate has way better defense, better footowork, better combos.

The only thing Nick has over Nate is punching power

Andre Ward himself said Nate is better then Nick and that Nate gives him a much tougher time in sparring

I actually somewhat agree with point #2 though

BJ had tremendous takedowns. He would have an advantage on the ground for sure

The problem with BJ here is that:

1. He wouldn't have the footwork to hang with Conor

2. Would BJ really gameplan to try to wrestle Conor?

BJ always stood and banged and was known for having poor IQ with not utilising his strengths.

While Conor has the best fight IQ in MMA and sticks to gameplans as disciplined as GSP does

It's a shame more BJ fans don't appreciate Conor

Conor has the same fearless attitude of jumping up in weight, actually wins at higher weights, has immense skill, and yet couples that all with the work ethic of GSP

Conor has the fearless attitide of BJ with the work ethic and drive of Gsp. How can you not love Conor? BJ fan or Gsp fan, Conor is the best of both worlds all in one @Loiosh

Last edited:
This is where you lost me and started spewing non sense

1. Benson/Edgar already surpassed BJ

And If Conor beats Khabib, Conor is in the discussion for LW GOAT too (especially if Conor beats Tony too, Conor is LW GOAT)

2. BJ was great for his time.

He was among the first MMA fighters to actually properly utilize a jab.

The fact he was a BJJ black belt with a good jab was mind blowing for his time

But it's not any more

BJ failed to ever adapt or evolve

BJ never developed anything past his jab.

BJ never countered effectively

BJ never developed his boxing to incorporate fienting/leadhand work/rights or hooks off the jab. Combos etc. Never developed his footwork etc

You look today and Conor McGregor is doing advanced things light years ahead of anything BJ ever even knew about.

One example, Conor utilizes distance deception to create his countering oppurtunities

2nrzk3m.gif

Its so advanced for anything BJ ever did, BJ's head would probably explode watching footage of Conor

Conor has a sophisticated lead hand radar system with sophisticated fienting systems

BJ still probably doesn't know what those things are lol

Both BJ and Anderson were very rudimentry strikers who did well in the early stages of striking in MMA when striking was no where near developed

Conor's footwork and angles too. Psss

DirtyIdioticHyrax-size_restricted.gif

Flat footed, poor footwork BJ would have his head explode watching Conor lol

It is not even up for debate.

In reality it's the opposite, if you actually know fighting and know what you're watching, Conor is on a completely different level.

It's not to take anything away from BJ. BJ was amazing during this time.

Conor is simply the evolution and revolution of MMA striking and is the greatest boxer/striker MMA history has ever seen

In all honesty BJ is pretty over rated by nostalgia

You know why Conor would destroy BJ. Because Conor's lead hand control would take away BJ's jab hand and BJ (like Gsp) was a worse fighter without the ability to control and dictate to opponents with his jab.

In fact BJ without his jab is a worse fighter than GSP without his jab.

Nick Diaz put a boxing clinic on BJ. While Conor outboxed the shit out of the better Diaz brother

UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

BJ always struggled vs southpaws. BJ would have nothing for Conor lol

BJ Penn definitely has a much much better shot against Khabib though... but BJ could end up breaking another rib scrambling with Khabib lol (remember Hughes 2)

Khabib is the one top LW who BJ would have a chance against due to how one dimensional Khabib is
Some inaccuracies there:

> "BJ always struggled vs southpaws"

Caol Uno was a southpaw IIRC.

> "BJ never countered effectively"

vs Hughes 3, KOed & countered Matt with a straight right

vs No Rush 1, was countering him the whole 1st Rd...

Last edited:
@Buri

You must work for CNN with that kind of selective cherry picking, misquoting and misinterpreting

Please don't cut out my quote

Apply the full sentence and actually apply context

Well he lost that first bj fight and I’ve literally grew up watching bj penn get his ass kicked. I just can’t view him as good. It’s like when old school cats be like Jennifer Aniston is fine , and then I’m like her skinny ass ? Same with bj , I’m like his no cardio face kicked , nick Diaz , Dennis silver non slipping punches ass ?
You are the very definition of a noob, and why people hate on noobs.

Some inaccuracies there:

> "BJ always struggled vs southpaws"

Caol Uno was a southpaw IIRC.

> "BJ never countered effectively"

vs Hughes 3, KOed & countered Matt with a right straight
UNO was a grappler

Obviously Im talking about southpaw strikers

There are always exceptions. Exceptions don't prove the rule

Its very disappointing that BJ never adapted or evolved.

BJ had so much potential. I always wanted BJ to realise his potential. It honestly is a sad MMA story

BJ was still absolutely one of the greats of his time though.

@Buri

You must work for CNN with that kind of selective cherry picking, misquoting and misinterpreting

Please don't cut out my quote

Apply the full sentence and actually apply context
OK then, but I have to change your name to amateurlogic.
No fighter, it doesn't matter who they are or how they win, can ever be considered a divisional goat after 2 fights in said division (or 3). It is summer by the way so try not to melt snowflake - or better yet do.

Gsp got his shit pushed in by big rigg then ran away for years waiting for Dana to cherry pick fights for him because it’s profitable to the business. How people hold him in the same bracket as Anderson and Fedor is a mystery to me.

Well he lost that first bj fight and I’ve literally grew up watching bj penn get his ass kicked. I just can’t view him as good. It’s like when old school cats be like Jennifer Aniston is fine , and then I’m like her skinny ass ? Same with bj , I’m like his no cardio face kicked , nick Diaz , Dennis silver non slipping punches ass ?
Really? The last thing I saw Aniston in was Horrible Bosses 2 and she could definitely get it IMO.

OK then, but I have to change your name to amateurlogic.
No fighter, it doesn't matter who they are or how they win, can ever be considered a divisional goat after 2 fights in said division (or 3). It is summer by the way so try not to melt snowflake - or better yet do.
You were proven to be fake news.

You misquote me. You cut out my quote.

The part you conveniently left out was me saying if Conor beats Khabib he's in the convo

If Conor beats Khabib, Conor is absolutely one of the all-time LW goats.

Has wins over other top LWs like Nate and Poirier. Dominated LW champ and all time great LW Alvarez like no one ever had. Would be the first to beat Khabib.

It's crazy how little credit people still want to give Conor. Win for win, Conor absolutely has one of the best resumes in MMA history. Adding Khabib would 100% be some GOAT shit on every level

UNO was a grappler

Obviously Im talking about southpaw strikers

There are always exceptions. Exceptions don't prove the rule

Its very disappointing that BJ never adapted or evolved.

BJ had so much potential. I always wanted BJ to realise his potential. It honestly is a sad MMA story

BJ was still absolutely one of the greats of his time though.
well, Machida´s a striker and a southpaw, IIRC

It's crazy how little credit people still want to give Conor. Win for win, Conor absolutely has one of the best resumes in MMA history

What in the dirty fuck are you talking about?

Desperation is a stinky cologne, my friend, and you are delusional beyond belief!!

Back