Interesting, Gsp just said BJ Penn is the most skilled fighter he's ever fought

GSP’s toughest opponent will be whomever he fights next if he ever fights again.

Then it’ll be the guy after that.

Lather rinse repeat.

336_Georges_St_Pierre_vs_Johny_Hendricks_gallery_post.0.0.jpg

GSP is a smart guy, if he doesn't ever acknowledge the fight with Hendricks it will slip from people's minds.

Fought BJ to a split decision where he fucked up his eye and busted his nose in the first round. BJ put a beating on GSP in that round.

Condit nearly finished him.

Bisping was giving him all kinds of trouble and busted him up too.

I’d say he was being pretty honest.

i know that gsp fell from the kick, but gsp wasn't simply wobbled. it looked to me like if hendricks didn't go, "70%", he could have finished gsp. gsp was in a lot of trouble. i think people should rewatch that fight. hendricks got screwed, even at going 70% like a dumbass. hendricks won that fight, regardless of how retarded the judges were.

Sir, with all due respect it's you that needs to learn to score a mma fight. You still need to win 3/5 rounds to win a technical decision. 1,3,5 GSP.

Again, go learn how to score a mma fight.

Fought BJ to a split decision where he fucked up his eye and busted his nose in the first round. BJ put a beating on GSP in that round.

Condit nearly finished him.

Bisping was giving him all kinds of trouble and busted him up too.

I’d say he was being pretty honest.
The Bisping one is the one I'd highlight honestly. Condit definitely did damage with the headkick. It could be that GSP is being gracious to Bisping.

It's never healthy putting on lots of weight and then dropping lots of weight

Yea... I'm sure GSP a lifelong martial artist, one of the greatest welterweights to ever fight and a motherfucking legend... doesn't understand the science of weight cutting/gaining... thank you for teaching him PROlogic.
Thus confirmed Conor knocks out Gsp

I made this quote big so the whole world can see how truly retarded you are... lol
{<jordan}<{Heymansnicker}>[<diva4}<{Heymansnicker}>{<jordan}

Sir, with all due respect it's you that needs to learn to score a mma fight. You still need to win 3/5 rounds to win a technical decision. 1,3,5 GSP.

Again, go learn how to score a mma fight.

i know how fights are scored. so do lots of other people. if you go back and see how others judged the fight, as in other mma sources, you'd see that i'm not in the minority in thinking that hendricks won. i'm not intending on getting into some crazy back-and-forth on it. if you disagree, that's fine. i simply don't agree with your analysis of the fight.

Well he lost that first bj fight and I’ve literally grew up watching bj penn get his ass kicked. I just can’t view him as good. It’s like when old school cats be like Jennifer Aniston is fine , and then I’m like her skinny ass ? Same with bj , I’m like his no cardio face kicked , nick Diaz , Dennis silver non slipping punches ass ?

You gotta really study his skill set and take into account a lot of things.

1. He never gassed at LW. He always gassed at WW fighting bigger men who kept coming forward. Even then, he always outskilled those guys early.

2. He was still prime or near prime when Frankie beat him. Frankie is just a badass who was hungrier and had BJ’s number.

3. It was those back to back beatings that BJ took at WW that caused his decline to being KOd by second rate FWs later.

4. He is one of the LW GOATs no doubt and is certainly more well-rounded than Khabib or Conor. He could give either one of them a run for their money. Anyone saying otherwise don’t know what they’re watching.

Yea... I'm sure GSP a lifelong martial artist, one of the greatest welterweights to ever fight and a motherfucking legend... doesn't understand the science of weight cutting/gaining... thank you for teaching him PROlogic.

I made this quote big so the whole world can see how truly retarded you are... lol
{<jordan}<{Heymansnicker}>[<diva4}<{Heymansnicker}>{<jordan}
Are you too stupid to realise I'm being playful

Goodness, you sorry Conor haters are a miserable pathetic bunch

But what I said about jumping up and down in weight is still a fact

It's not about any individual weight cuts you half a tard (calling me the retard btw lol)

It's about the simple fact that putting on a lot of weight, than dropping a lot of weight harms your body and is long-term damage

THE SAME EXACT thing happened to Roy Jones

Don't expect GSP to be the same.

But regardless, if Conor KOs Gsp it was because Conor is the far superior more skilled striker

Last edited:
You gotta really study his skill set and take into account a lot of things.

1. He never gassed at LW. He always gassed at WW fighting bigger men who kept coming forward. Even then, he always outskilled those guys early.

2. He was still prime or near prime when Frankie beat him. Frankie is just a badass who was hungrier and had BJ’s number.

3. It was those back to back beatings that BJ took at WW that caused his decline to being KOd by second rate FWs later.

4. He is one of the LW GOATs no doubt and is certainly more well-rounded than Khabib or Conor. He could give either one of them a run for their money. Anyone saying otherwise don’t know what they’re watching.
That gas at lw doesn’t count the whole reason everyone says Conor gas tank sucks is because his fight happend at 170

no offense, but i don't think gsp is being honest, as far as the most hurt he has been. or at least the fight in which he sustained the most damage. that was the hendricks fight, the fight that he interestingly hardly ever brings up, because of all the controversy surrounding the decision.
Yeah, we should just take your word for it even though you don't know him

Yeah, we should just take your word for it even though you don't know him

well i don't have a vested interest in how gsp is perceived to the public. he does, which is why i think people should take into consideration that the things he says affect him. they sure don't affect me, and he'd have a reason to skew the truth in that regard. i'm simply trying to be objective about what he says about his fights, and what took place within those fights.

BJ Penn is probably the most skilled MMA fighter ever.

If he only had GSP's work ethic and dedication.
Amazing how so many newer fans don’t recognize or acknowledge this. The haters will just toss his record (losses) around to discredit him. As if the history of padding records in boxing is what we want in MMA.

The game has progressed well past the cats of yesteryear like BJ and Chuck. Neither in their prime could hang with today’s top of their respective divisions.

Absurd regarding Penn. The best Penn is easily a present-day top ten LW.

Listening to him, (I think it was him and not firas)
They both were on jre recently, explain the difference or contrast tween penns reaction time... (extremely fast), versus his reset time, (took him awhile) was pretty cool.

Realize how advanced gsp and firas were in fight understanding, proficiency, analysis.

Some sharp cats.

Absurd regarding Penn. The best Penn is easily a present-day top ten LW.

He beats Conor easily. Conor's not KO'ing prime BJ and it's just a matter of time before Penn gets him down, then it's over.

I think he beats Khabib too. TDD and he lights Khabib up on the feet.

People forget how good BJ was in his prime.

i completely disagree. you think gsp received more, "onslaught of punches and elbows" in the condit fight than the hendricks fight? really? also, why do some people believe every word gsp says? he lies whenever it makes him look better, and when it suits his interests. blood vessel bursting? lol. whatever description to make it sound more dangerous, i guess.
It’s not even a question. GSP was never close to being stopped in the Hendricks fight, not even for a second. Meanwhile Yves could have stopped it at any time during Condit’s barrage and it would have been justified. I really don’t get what you’re trying to accomplish here, but you’re definitely not looking at things objectively.

He is one of the LW GOATs no doubt and is certainly more well-rounded than Khabib or Conor. He could give either one of them a run for their money. Anyone saying otherwise don’t know what they’re watching

This is where you lost me

1. Benson/Edgar already surpassed BJ

And If Conor beats Khabib, Conor is in the discussion for LW GOAT too (especially if Conor beats Tony too, Conor is LW GOAT)

2. BJ was great for his time.

He was among the first MMA fighters to actually properly utilize a jab.

The fact he was a BJJ black belt with great wrestling and a good jab was mind blowing for his time

But it's not any more

BJ failed to ever adapt or evolve

BJ never developed anything past his jab.

BJ never countered effectively

BJ never developed his boxing to incorporate fienting/leadhand work/rights or hooks off the jab. Combos etc. Never developed his footwork etc

You look today and Conor McGregor is doing advanced things light years ahead of anything BJ ever even knew about.

One example, Conor utilizes distance deception to create his countering oppurtunities

2nrzk3m.gif

Its so advanced for anything BJ ever did, BJ's head would probably explode watching footage of Conor

Conor has a sophisticated lead hand radar system with sophisticated fienting systems

BJ still probably doesn't know what those things are lol

Both BJ and Anderson were very rudimentry strikers who did well in the early stages of striking in MMA when striking was no where near developed

Conor's footwork and angles too. Psss

DirtyIdioticHyrax-size_restricted.gif

Flat footed, rudimentary footwork BJ would have his head explode watching Conor lol

It is not even up for debate.

In reality it's the opposite, if you actually know fighting and know what you're watching, Conor is on a completely different level.

It's not to take anything away from BJ. BJ was amazing during this time.

Conor is simply the evolution and revolution of MMA striking and is the greatest boxer/striker MMA history has ever seen

In all honesty BJ is pretty over rated by nostalgia

You know why Conor would destroy BJ. Because Conor's lead hand control would take away BJ's jab hand and BJ (like Gsp) was a worse fighter without the ability to control and dictate to opponents with his jab.

In fact BJ without his jab is a worse fighter than GSP without his jab.

Nick Diaz put a boxing clinic on BJ. While Conor outboxed the shit out of the better Diaz brother

UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

BJ always struggled vs southpaws. BJ would have nothing for Conor lol

BJ Penn definitely has a much much better shot against Khabib though... but BJ could end up breaking another rib scrambling with Khabib lol (remember Hughes 2)

Khabib is an elite elite LW who BJ would have a good chance against due to how one dimensional Khabib is

Last edited:
100% for sure my guy, I meant more the top 5. Prime BJ isn’t beating Ferguson, Lee, Conor, Khabib, Poirier. MAYBE Poirier. I don’t dislike BJ, I agree he’s one of the GOATS, but it’s just the way things go. He’s an OG but the game has progressed beyond him.
Buddy, BJ tore through prime Matt Hughes like a knife through hot butter. Kevin Lee has nothing for him. He’s also a horrible matchup for Conor and Khabib and would likely defeat them both. Poirier wouldn’t stand a chance. Only one who would probably beat him more often than not is Ferg.

Back