Incoming Cody Nolove will call this early stoppage

Fucking garbage stoppage, worse than kimbo/Thompson

Kongo vs Pat Berry is the prime example why you should never stop a fight while they are still standing.

Was cody finished almost certainly however no one made him get in there he is adult who made a decision to do this and had a lot riding on it, there is not much more damage that would have been done than was already done let them go down and make it decisive. There have been crazier comebacks. Frankie Edgar made a career out of it.

Again I am in no way saying Cody was coming back and I picked TJ to win I just dont think a fight should be stopped while they are still on the feet.

Kongo was actively trying to grapple and actively throwing when he had a chance. Cody was in total defensive mode and basically just turtling up on his feet.

This is NOT any of those sports.... Might as well mention professional ping pong in your argument while you're at it.

No you're right-- it's probably easier to tell in this combat spot than any of the others. "Gee, I wonder what the next punch from a man with his wits about him, in his stance, and in 4oz gloves is going to do to a man hunched over, not moving, and unable to lift his guard?????"

You goofs probably think this is good cause he wasnt out cold. Ruined him

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
<6>That was hard to watch.

Kongo was actively trying to grapple and actively throwing when he had a chance. Cody was in total defensive mode and basically just turtling up on his feet.

There are many other examples of guys coming back that is just the most obvious.

Now I stress again I am in no way arguing Cody was coming back but give the man the chance. The second he drops there the fight is over if it was that close its not gonna make a difference except to remove all doubt. As I said in the first post this is a grown man who chose to do this, no one put a gun to his head and forced him in there.

Just my opinion but I don't believe a fight should be stopped on the feet especially when you are still trying to defend which he was.

Dillashaw was the man at alpha male, and just alpha'd his ass again in front of a shit load of people. DJ is Cody's kryptonite...time for Cody to move up, he's done here.

Cody gets absolutely fucked up at 145.

Holloway
Aldo
Ortega
Edgar
Moicano
Stephens

I was rooting for Cody. There's no logical argument against that stoppage. If you want to keep fighting, do something to show the ref you're still in the fight. If you're laying against the cage with your hands at your waist taking undefended shots, the fight is highly likely going to be stopped.

There are many other examples of guys coming back that is just the most obvious.

Now I stress again I am in no way arguing Cody was coming back but give the man the chance. The second he drops there the fight is over if it was that close its not gonna make a difference except to remove all doubt. As I said in the first post this is a grown man who chose to do this, no one put a gun to his head and forced him in there.

Just my opinion but I don't believe a fight should be stopped on the feet especially when you are still trying to defend which he was.
In this case the way TJ was lining up to throw...calling it an early stoppage is close to saying you just wanted to see Cody get KTFO. That’s what was about to come.

Cody NoBelt will definitely be complaining, but he’s got no argument. He was turned into a punching bag.
Lost twice to the champ time to drop to 125.

let's say the ref didn't stopped the fight, TJ would have put Cody to sleep for sure

In this case the way TJ was lining up to throw...calling it an early stoppage is close to saying you just wanted to see Cody get KTFO. That’s what was about to come.

No it's not saying that at all. It's saying I want to give him the chance to do what he came in there to do. Regardless of what we think is coming we do not know, others have come back from worse. Once again I am not saying he was gonna come back he was gonna lose but he deserves the chance that others get.

If we start stopping fights because that is the likely outcome why even have them. As I have said these are grown men who chose to be in there no one made them do this. A ref's job is to protect them when they cant protect them self not when they think the next shot might put him down.

To take the argument to the extreme

Rumble johnson winds up and its all over before he throws the punch because no one can survive that.

There are many examples of worse comebacks I just don't think a fight should be stopped on the feet. Especially if you are still actively defending and moving.

No it's not saying that at all. It's saying I want to give him the chance to do what he came in there to do. Regardless of what we think is coming we do not know, others have come back from worse. Once again I am not saying he was gonna come back he was gonna lose but he deserves the chance that others get.

If we start stopping fights because that is the likely outcome why even have them. As I have said these are grown men who chose to be in there no one made them do this. A ref's job is to protect them when they cant protect them self not when they think the next shot might put him down.

To take the argument to the extreme

Rumble johnson winds up and its all over before he throws the punch because no one can survive that.

There are many examples of worse comebacks I just don't think a fight should be stopped on the feet. Especially if you are still actively defending and moving.

Great post bro 100 per cent agree

he dropped and flopped like six times man. Herb gave him ample time to wake up a bunch of times. Just my opinion, but your opinion fucking sucks.

I was rooting for Cody. There's no logical argument against that stoppage. If you want to keep fighting, do something to show the ref you're still in the fight. If you're laying against the cage with your hands at your waist taking undefended shots, the fight is highly likely going to be stopped.

the point of my thread was that there is no way cody will not say it was an early stoppage. he will use it to try and lobby for a third fight calling the other two a fluke. CoGar has no shame it seems.

he dropped and flopped like six times man. Herb gave him ample time to wake up a bunch of times. Just my opinion, but your opinion fucking sucks.

Insults and profanity to a polite counter argument classic sherdog.

as I have said my opinion is that these are grown men that were not forced to compete. They know the risks and I believe the ref's job is to only step in to protect them when they cannot protect themselves, not when they think an outcome might happen. Cody was still moving and still trying to defend. There have been instances of people coming back from far worse and winning.

Once again for people who lack the ability to go back and read context I am in no way saying Cody was coming back nor did I pick Cody to win. I think he was done I just think the stoppage could have waited until he was dropped. He deserves the same chance as everyone else and others have been given that luxury to come back from worse, immediate examples that spring to mind Edgar vs Maynard 1 and 2, Kongo vs Barry, Lesnar Vs Carwin, Fedor vs Randleman(imagine the ref assuming Fedor died and stopped the fight from the slam), 90% of Big Nog fights, 90% of Leben fights, Hendo vs Shogun could have been stopped a few times. The list goes on and on. The point is no more lasting damage was going to have been done than was already done and they know the risks let them fight a fight should never be stopped if someone is still standing and attempting to defend.

To address your second post my entire point is so what you are saying does not happen. If he let the fight go on until there was no question Cody would have no argument the fight would be definitive to even the most hardcore Cody supporter that there was no controversy no early stoppage.

Back