Incoming Cody Nolove will call this early stoppage

This is a fight for the world championship... not some amateurs who aren't getting paid. If a fighter is still standing, that means he isn't unconscious or giving up, let the fight go on.
"YA LIKE HOW THEY DO IT IN BOXING, KICKBOXING, MUAY THAI CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!"
Grow up and learn up, bro.

Went from flying private to United basic economy.

Why won’t the UFC let him go out on his shield?

Both these guys hit freaking hard but Dillashaw has the better chin.

I don't want to be that guy but called it - Cody's chin is suspect. Guys who win big fights can almost always eat shots and continue. The competition at the top is close and when two strikers fight, both are going to take flush shots from their opponent. Cody simply cannot take flush shots. Great fighter, but his days at the top are over. Brutal reality to the fight game.

I don't know what fight you guys were watching, but Herb should have called it way earlier. When people go over the fight you will prob find Cody went out several times. One might call it pulling a gaethje

Against Cruz he fought smart. and didn't try to do more than he needed to. Against TJ he fights by emotion trying for a KO so wades in to the pocket like a dumb-ass. Same thing both times, he threw wild haymakers that missed and TJ countered and landed.

This. All of this.

If you let that continue Cody's brain cells would have gone into negative numbers.

I don't want to be that guy but called it - Cody's chin is suspect. Guys who win big fights can almost always eat shots and continue. The competition at the top is close and when two strikers fight, both are going to take flush shots from their opponent. Cody simply cannot take flush shots. Great fighter, but his days at the top are over. Brutal reality to the fight game.

Totally, that really came into play the previous fight. Dj caught Henry with alot of flush shots to the chin and dude shrugged them all off. I think TJ has some blasters in his fists though.

No. I was rooting for Cody. He was done. Herb saved him from getting KTFO.
He was just about to go out. I can see where diehard Cody fans will say it was early because he did recover quick once he stopped getting punched in the face. But I think it was the perfect time to stop if they are there for fighter safety.

Letting the fight go longer would have put Cody's health in unnecessary danger. He was clearly rocked and taking a ton of shots. The timing of the stoppage was fair.

Kongo vs Pat Berry is the prime example why you should never stop a fight while they are still standing.

Was cody finished almost certainly however no one made him get in there he is adult who made a decision to do this and had a lot riding on it, there is not much more damage that would have been done than was already done let them go down and make it decisive. There have been crazier comebacks. Frankie Edgar made a career out of it.

Again I am in no way saying Cody was coming back and I picked TJ to win I just dont think a fight should be stopped while they are still on the feet.

This. All of this.
Agreed, he should have been playing much stronger defense especially to his head in the first few rounds. When you have one punch knockout power and you can load up faster you sit there with your arms up waiting for your opening. Throw some jabs, kicks, rinse and repeat. If there is an opening, take it, but don't go for the finish. By the fourth or fifth round Dillashaw would have expended far more energy because he moves around so often. He might even forget about Cody's power...Then crack him with the lead right hand and it's over.

You goofs probably think this is good cause he wasnt out cold. Ruined him

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Back