In terms of character, who best represents MMA?

Face it. Just face it. You'll feel better when you admit the truth.
NINTCHDBPICT000468814135.jpg

Would have said Couture before he whacked off into a camera.

I was indifferent towards GSP's career, but liked GSP on a human level, then he kind of soured me with the whole pretending to start a union just as a negotiation tactic, followed up with acting like a Lightweight title would add to his legacy (I'm not a fan of fighters who move down their natural weight class for a title shot).

He moved up first in case you didn’t notice. And either you’re a liar or very stupid if you don’t see how being the only fighter in UFC history to get three different belts.

Are you a fan of Cormier, Edgar, or any other fighter that moved down? GSP hasn’t moved down, dummy. He’s only gone up. That’s a fact. Quit lying.

He moved up first in case you didn’t notice. And either you’re a liar or very stupid if you don’t see how being the only fighter in UFC history to get three different belts.
The fact that he moved up first makes it look even worse (i.e. "Hey look, a Middleweight fought a Lightweight.").

Are you a fan of Cormier
Nope.

Except Featherweight was Edgar's natural weight class. I said that I wasn't a fan of fighters moving down their natural weight class.

GSP hasn’t moved down, dummy. He’s only gone up. That’s a fact. Quit lying.
I didn't say that he did, only that he was trying to sell us on the idea like it would add to his legacy, which it doesn't.

It's not like I wanted to find a reason to dislike GSP, as I already admitted I liked him on a personal level before he returned. And by the way, all these personal insults only highlights not only your lack of objectivity, but also a lack of faith in your argument.

He cuts the most weight of all the fighters I have on record (see sig), which I'm not a fan of.

He cut from 170 lbs against Barboza and 166 lbs against McGregor, that's both an average and below average cut for Lightweight.

He cuts from 185 lbs, that's a slightly below average cut for Welterweight.

I'm not a fan of Jones, but not because of his weight (he cuts from 222 lbs, which is a below average cut for Light Heavyweight).

There's a bigger natural size difference between Usman and GSP than between GSP and Khabib.
There's a 3 lb difference between Usman and GSP. There's a 18-22 lb difference between GSP and Nurmagomedov.

I wasn’t aware the martial arts spirit involve lying and cheating and being a shitty person
it means being able to uncompromisingly physically beat your opponent which he is the best at

Warmachine, Lee Murray imo.

Fedor was always a professional with a humble demeanor in and out of the ring. He has been dedicated and always a great sport.

Edgar, Maia, GSP, RDA, Rose, Shevchenko.

I would have said Randy before the whole penis thing.
Big John Mac

Any lists that dont include GSP at or near the top are made by salty losers. I think a lot of people on this forum dont like him because he is Canadian.
Grease Gate NO THANKS. Only fair and square.

“Nice guy” doesn’t always equate to best representative of a sport. Charisma is more important. I’m sorry, mild-mannered, GSP meets the accomplishment criteria, but he’s boring as fuck and lacks camera presence. Same goes for some of my favorites like Maia, Condit, Shogun or Hendo.

I would say the following guys are good representatives of the sport:
*DC - but should stop dramatizing
*Bas Rutten
*Rich Franklin
*Brian Stann
*Rashad Evans

Guys that fk’d their chances for various reasons:
*Chael Sonnen - great charisma and oratory skills, but too much baggage
*Rampage - baggage and simply doesn’t give a fk

Back