In terms of character, who best represents MMA?

Randy culture, dan henderson, matt hughes, rich franklin and pat militech

CroCop-A personable guy who was always respectful, but come fight time he was a stone cold killer.

I was indifferent towards GSP's career, but liked GSP on a human level, then he kind of soured me with the whole pretending to start a union just as a negotiation tactic, followed up with acting like a Lightweight title would add to his legacy (I'm not a fan of fighters who move down their natural weight class for a title shot).

1. Woodley
2. GSP
3. Silva
4. DC
5. Rose

Honorable Mention:
Nate Diaz

GSP is the only answer to this thread. GOAT fighter and GOAT human being and role model.

GSP and Valentina Shevchenko. GSP needs no explanation, funny enough, Valentina is a lot like him in many ways. Lifelong martial artist, good role model, good ambassador for the sport of MMA, champion in the sport, but she also does commentary for the UFC, teaches Muay Thai worldwide, and has more personality than GSP.

What MMA Should be: GSP
What MMA wants to be : Brock and Conor

Joe_Son_mugshot.jpg

I was indifferent towards GSP's career, but liked GSP on a human level, then he kind of soured me with the whole pretending to start a union just as a negotiation tactic, followed up with acting like a Lightweight title would add to his legacy (I'm not a fan of fighters who move down their natural weight class for a title shot).

That's a weird position to take in a day and age when fighters cut weight more than ever. Literally, almost every champ fights outside of their natural weight class: Holloway, Khabib, Usman, Jon... If you don't like it, fine, but it should apply to all the same.

There's a bigger natural size difference between Usman and GSP than between GSP and Khabib. Also, GSPs colitis made him lose serious amount of weight, as has been well documented and as he testified to. Beating Khabib at 37-38 would have most certainly added to his legacy.

Didn't gsp believe he'd been alien abducted? Won't let my kids hear it.
<6><GSPWoah>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back