In terms of character, who best represents MMA?

You can't get any better than GSP in or outside the cage, well maybe Fedor.

Any lists that dont include GSP at or near the top are made by salty losers. I think a lot of people on this forum dont like him because he is Canadian.
There are plenty of Salty Losers who hate on GSP. I don't get it personally, but I don't think anyone gives a flying fuck if he's Canadian.

Robert Whittaker has a great martial art character. Stoic, cool, calm and collected, friendly and disciplined, but come fight-time also ferocious and ready to scrap to the bitter end.
He's a perfect ambassador for mma.

As likeable and admirable as Demian Maia, Stephen Thompson, Gunnar Nelson and all the other 'good guys' are, they lack the oomph and aggression that make them the complete package, imo.

What about Joe Son, Hermes Franca, Brett Rogers, Warmachine? Just a bunch of nice guys if you ask me!

Martial Arts spirit:
Jones

Stand up dude:
Cormier

Khabib. Nice when he needs to be and doesn't tolerate bs when it requires.

I'm just curious to see what kind of mindsets, personalities, and characters sherdog looks up to and respects. Who are the fighters that you think carry themselves thebest and represent the sport of MMA the best?

We all have different ideologies on what constitutes good character, so I expect diverse answers.

My answers:
Demian Maia
GSP
Fedor or GSP definitely.

Rafael Dos Anjos
Robert Whittaker
Valentina Shevchenko

Easy.

Conor McGregor

Came from nothing, rags to riches

Dreamed huge and worked his ass off to make it reality

Always went on to a next even bigger goal, never got content with his already incredible accomplishments

Immense pride of where hes from, represents his country

Always stayed with same girlfriend/best friends he had before fame, didnt change up

Takes a flight on a private jet to throw down the SECOND a dagestani rat gangs up on his best friend

Loving parent

Promotes responsible drinking

DaDa 5000 and its not even close

kimbo-slice-dada-ftr-022016jpg_1p6py3qozlu7a1m6c7evo49dy0.jpg

Easy.

Conor McGregor

Came from nothing, rags to riches

Dreamed huge and worked his ass off to make it reality

Always went on to a next even bigger goal, never got content with his already incredible accomplishments

Immense pride of where hes from, represents his country

Always stayed with same girlfriend/best friends he had before fame, didnt change up

Takes a flight on a private jet to throw down the SECOND a dagestani rat gangs up on his best friend

Loving parent

Promotes responsible drinking

Also talked shit about peoples wives, families, nationalities and religions.

Back