I'm picking Cain Velasquez in the rematch.

Of course Cain COULD win, and he is still probably the 1st/2nd best HW on the planet. The point is that he is completely undeserving of an immediate rematch. He held the division up for two years, then got dominated in pretty much every way possible when he did finally fight. Let the others fighters who've been fighting and winning get their shots at it, while Cain can another big fight or two to prove he still should be fighting for a title.

Huge Cain fan, and I agree. If this were any other circumstances, I'd say of course he deserves the rematch, but you can't hold up a division for 2 damn years, then get a rematch after getting your ass kicked like that.

Besides, I think it would be better for him to get a softer touch, and use this in between time to really get his cardio, timing, and edge back. He's unrefined and out of shape (relative to cardio Cain standards) at this point. Give him some time to really build his body back up to optimal cardio Cain levels.

Of course Cain COULD win, and he is still probably the 1st/2nd best HW on the planet. The point is that he is completely undeserving of an immediate rematch. He held the division up for two years, then got dominated in pretty much every way possible when he did finally fight. Let the others fighters who've been fighting and winning get their shots at it, while Cain can another big fight or two to prove he still should be fighting for a title.

Fighters don

Werdum will win again. I don't think Cain's cardio will be as great as it once was.

I agree. I know their first fight wasnt at sea level but I feel he gassed really early. I was thinking it had more to do with time away from the sport.

Huge Cain fan, and I agree. If this were any other circumstances, I'd say of course he deserves the rematch, but you can't hold up a division for 2 damn years, then get a rematch after getting your ass kicked like that.

Besides, I think it would be better for him to get a softer touch, and use this in between time to really get his cardio, timing, and edge back. He's unrefined and out of shape (relative to cardio Cain standards) at this point. Give him some time to really build his body back up to optimal cardio Cain levels.

First off all, it wasn

Im a cain fan and id like to agree. Not discounting or discrediting anything werdum did because he smashed, but i was always wary of cain coming back from such a long layoff due to injury. The only other time he came back from an injury he got koed by jds.... that is what worried me, and sure enough; it happened again...

Cain doesnt deserve this rematch at all, but im a fan so im going to be rooting for him...

The fucker needs to stay healthy tho.

After beating Werdum. Cain will solidify himself as the greatest combat fighter of all time.

The UFC is truly at it's peak with the greatest athletes competing in the greatest organisation on Earth and with the new Reebok™ Fight Kit all the fighters know they're truly are blessed.

He was winning up until Rn2: 3:07...
v9zb7E.gif

But he still lost and matter of a fact he want nothing to do with derp face on the ground.
He did like he did at 188 he will lose badly again.
Also BJ Penn won the first round against diaz and after that he was getting his ass beat after that.

People really need to rewatch the first round, Cain was his usual self. He gassed like Chad after that round

Me too. I firmly believe Cain is going to stop Werdum. This fight can't come soon enough though because his haters here are numerous and obnoxious. JDS/Cain II build all over again.

Well he's got some gaps to close in his game but Cain is always dangerous and could definitely win for sure.

Also this.

Do you remember the build to the Cain/JDS rematch? Every other post was "JDS KO R1!!!" Soooo many people were condescendingly writing Cain off because he under-performed the first time. Deja vu.

I was one of the minority giving Cain a chance, again finding myself in this position. I really think Cain is going to win emphatically. Sucks that I'm in for who knows how many months of enduring his obnoxious naysayers. Again.

I know many people aren't happy with Werdum Vs Velasquez 2 but I see Velasquez winning his belt back.
Remember when Cain lost to Junior and what happened? He had a rematch with him and had a vengeance ended up taking his belt back.
NAXvLv-b8rU.jpg

that you dana?

He was winning up until Rn2: 3:07...
v9zb7E.gif

This times 100. Where did this myth originate that Cain got dominated? So many people are repeating this bullshit despite the fight being very even until the finish.

Do you remember the build to the Cain/JDS rematch? Every other post was "JDS KO R1!!!" Soooo many people were condescendingly writing Cain off because he under-performed the first time. Deja vu.

I was one of the minority giving Cain a chance, again finding myself in this position. I really think Cain is going to win emphatically. Sucks that I'm in for who knows how many months of enduring his obnoxious naysayers. Again.

I do remember that & I was in the minority as well, saying Cain would wreck him.

Cain isn't bad or anything. Werdum just has his number, imo. & Fabs & JDS are totally different style wise. Cain was caught in the first JDS fight, Werdum beat Cain soundly. I just don't see it looking different...besides it maybe going a round longer.

Yeah, but people were saying the same thing they are saying now. They were saying JDS was just too good for Cain.

And how was it so different? In the first fight Cain was out of shape and didn

This times 100. Where did this myth originate that Cain got dominated? So many people are repeating this bullshit despite the fight being very even until the finish.

He started losing about 45 seconds into the second, and looked largely unable to implement a game plan in the first.

Cain didn't get dominated but he got handled, gave up, and dove into the guillotine to escape.

Back