I'm picking Cain Velasquez in the rematch.

Steveston

Lion's Den
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know many people aren't happy with Werdum Vs Velasquez 2 but I see Velasquez winning his belt back.
Remember when Cain lost to Junior and what happened? He had a rematch with him and had a vengeance ended up taking his belt back.
NAXvLv-b8rU.jpg

Funny if he smashes Werdum and ends up sitting out for a year due to injury.

I know many people aren't happy with Werdum Vs Velasquez 2 but I see Velasquez winning his belt back.
Remember when Cain lost to Junior and what happened? He had a rematch with him and had a vengeance ended up taking his belt back.
NAXvLv-b8rU.jpg

The first fight against junior he got flattened in a minute by a bomb, and came back and won the rematches because he took the fight to JDS. Werdum fought Cain's fight the entirety of their first fight and still won anyway.

The dynamic of the rematch is totally different in this case.

I hope Werdum wins.

I don't want to see Cain win and defend again in 2017.

God I hope not. HW could not be more boring with Cain at the helm.

Cain was winning till he gassed

He didn't gas. He got hit with a clean shot part of the way into the second round, and never recovered.

Next fight, Cain is going to come in, and maul Werdum against the cage.

It's not gonna go any different this time then it did the last. Stupid fight to make... really stupid... Let Cain fight some other guys. How many rematches had this guy had in his career? The most for such a short career for sure. Rematch Bigfoot, triple rematch JDS, rematch Werdum?

I still don't understand why people are comparing JDS to Werdum or their fights with Cain. I don't get it.

He didn't gas. He got hit with a clean shot part of the way into the second round, and never recovered.

Next fight, Cain is going to come in, and maul Werdum against the cage.
That is what you said the first time and look what happened. I am not saying that cain won't do that but werdum played his game and won.

In Cain/JDS one he played into JDS' game at fought at range with no real pressure. In the rematch he shot repeatedly to solidify the threat of the TD and get JDS' hands lower. Eventually he landed the big shot then exploited JDS' lack of a clinch for the rest of the fight.

In Cain/Werdum he lost the fight everywhere. Even when he was pressuring early and getting into the clinch he was taking the worse of the exchanges. He got picked apart at range and in the pocket from the 2nd round on. By the third he had no safe haven and was forced to take the small chance of neutralizing Werdum on the ground and ended up getting submitted instantly.

There's no simple answer or easy exploit in Werdum's game for Cain and his camp here. Werdum matches up well with Cain everywhere.

Cain will probably win a decision by wrestling.

Cain will not win, my guess is he will get injured again and it will be delayed

Cain needs a couple of tuneup fights before he gets the shot at Werdum again IMO. He was on the shelf for too long he needs to lose the rust against a couple of guys not fighting at AKA first.

Cain was winning till he gassed

Did you actually watched the fight or just kept reading threads in sherdog about how he was not in great shape and not sea level altitude affected his conditioning? Because it looks like the knees to the body and continuous eating punches can have similar effect and Werdum shook off every thing Cain landed. Werdum was the cause Cain ran out of fuel...

Back