I'm picking Cain Velasquez in the rematch.

This times 100. Where did this myth originate that Cain got dominated? So many people are repeating this bullshit despite the fight being very even until the finish.

When dominant fighters lose, people always claim they were destroyed. In this particular case, the fight was pretty close until the finish. Werdum was definitely winning and landed the best strikes, but not by a big margin. Cain landed 88 significant strikes and Werdum landed 96(more or less). Also, Werdum lost round 1.

werdum is better on the feet and the ground. Maybe Cain will cut fabreets with an elbow or win a controversial dec.

When dominant fighters lose, people always claim they were destroyed. In this particular case, the fight was pretty close until the finish. Werdum was definitely winning and landed the best strikes, but not by a big margin. Cain landed 88 significant strikes and Werdum landed 96(more or less). Also, Werdum lost round 1.

That is why mma stats are so misleading to judge how close a fight is

andd don't often tell the tale of the fight as much as it does in boxing.

you brave mofo ts.

werdum is going to push cains shit in worse then the first time in the rematch.

That is why mma stats are so misleading to judge how close a fight is

andd don't often tell the tale of the fight as much as it does in boxing.

Forget stats, use your eyes. It was 1-1 going into the third round. The fight was even, with Werdum securing a guillotine and winning fair and square. Enough of this "dominated" bullshit. The fight being at normal elevation will play an enormous factor.

I don't think Cain could beat Fab
This rematch should be good though

Fabricio won the standup period. No excuses. I am struggling to understand how these Cain fans believe their hero will win this time. Emotion isn,'t enough. What does Cain do better? Werdum will beat him on the feet this time and then the HW division will move on.

Forget stats, use your eyes. It was 1-1 going into the third round. The fight was even, with Werdum securing a guillotine and winning fair and square. Enough of this "dominated" bullshit. The fight being at normal elevation will play an enormous factor.

Cain edged a close opening round mostly by pushing the action much harder, he was clearly losing the second round by a much wider margin than he won the first and getting beaten up.

Its obvious Cain wins the rematch then gets injured and doesn't defend the title.

Funny if he smashes Werdum and ends up sitting out for a year due to injury.

Sad rather than funny. I love Cain, his fights are always good, but I just hope that if he does win he manages to stay active.

Cain flat-lined after the 1st and his heart got him to the 3rd. It was his fight to lose.

As long as Cain isn't shot, he could be, we see a better Mexico City round 1 times 5 in the rematch.. because Cain lays down 5 rounds of offense like no other heavyweight can. Reality.

I have the same feeling. While Cain did try to pressure Werdum in this fight, he was too cautious which caused him to play Werdum's game. And at the end he got submitted anyway as well as got really tired. He might have even had an adrenaline dump because he realized that Werdum is beating him everywhere.

Strangely enough Cain needs to be much more aggressive and try constantly to hit Werdum in the face. Hopefully, his cardio will improve (sea level, better preparation, etc). His GnP can work too as long as he does not over-commit and be happy with landing 2-3 punches and restart.

For example, Fedor did escape the first triangle attempt. If he let Werdum stand and try again on feet, the fight might have gone differently. Werdum is certainly a lot better on feet today but he still only punishes fighters who overcommit and forget about positioning. He is no Carwin or Palhares, but is superb at gaining better positioning and taking advantage of it which takes some time. Nelson, Browne, Reem and others did not get finished by fighting somewhat smart.

LeafyWindyBlackpanther.gif

He was getting picked apart the moment round 2 started.

He got hit a few times in Rn 2 before the one I posted, and he got hit in rn 1, too, but the one that turned the tide was the punch at 3:07 that wobbled him.

It's not an excuse. He got hit by a much improved striker, and didn't recover. That's the point of hitting people. Just saying thing that I don't think it was as dominant a performance for Werdum as most people think. I also don't see Werdum beating Cain again. I just hope he is a betting underdog.

This times 100. Where did this myth originate that Cain got dominated? So many people are repeating this bullshit despite the fight being very even until the finish.
Being a fan makes so many people delusional.It really skews their perspective.

Last edited:

I didn't say it was a domination but he was hurting and bothering Cain and you could see the effect.
Werdum is the worst possible matchup for Cain . Werdum is very comfortable everwhere in their fight and Cains is not.

I didn't say it was a domination but he was hurting and bothering Cain and you could see the effect.
Werdum is the worst possible matchup for Cain . Werdum is very comfortable everwhere in their fight and Cains is not.

Werdum is not that bad of a match up for Cain. Cain won round 1 because he was still fresh. And when both guys are fresh you can see who is truly technically superior. If he shows up with better cardio, i see no reason why he couldn

i agree with TS, CV is gonna eventually win a rematch

Junior isn't Werdum, it's isn't 5 years ago, Cain's battled injuries, ring rust, Cain's predictability has already been solved by Werdum once, Cain wants nothing to do with Werdums BJJ... Werdum beats Cain again all over the place.

Junior isn't Werdum, it's isn't 5 years ago, Cain's battled injuries, ring rust, Cain's predictability has already been solved by Werdum once, Cain wants nothing to do with Werdums BJJ... Werdum beats Cain again all over the place.

You

Back