I'm not on the Jiri hype train.

He was getting lit up by "no time* almost got dropped twice and got outstruck until a right cross. Yeah he won however.

http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/cd8cdb539deaa47f

Reyes was out striking him too until that spinner out of nowhere.
Hands down by his waist, chiN not tucked, circling into fighters wheelhouses. He takes way too many shots, in nearly every fight he's had, he gets rocked.
I wonder if he's uncoachable and just a "Dom" kind of fighter with non- conventional foot work and awkward angles? I have more to say, but was curious if anyone felt the same?
He uses trees as sparring partners. He is not a traditional mma artist but very traditional as a fighter. Glover pounds the fuck out of him if he gets on top "go dad"

Most people see that he has glaring weaknesses but he's fun fighter on ridiculously long KO streak and he has an all action fighting style

I think general consensus is to enjoy this Jiri and his crazy style before the fun runs out and his chin goes.

It's more love than hype

This. I don't expect him to become champ. He's to hittable. But he's a fun fighter.

This. I don't expect him to become champ. He's to hittable. But he's a fun fighter.
Ya. Literally no one is considering him the next Jones or even Chuck.

Maybe that’s all TS is asking. Whether others agree that he maxes out only as a top 5 fighter. As if that were a failure in this business lol

Jiri is legit. He's improved rapidly and is continuing to push himself to get even better. He felt disappointed that he didn't control 100% of that Reyes fight because he got tagged a couple of times. That drive, combined with his physical assets are what makes him hype worthy. Once his reflexes, speed, and chin go then it will be a noticeable decline, but to be fair most fighters should be retired by that point.

Ya. Literally no one is considering him the next Jones or even Chuck.

Maybe that’s all TS is asking. Whether others agree that he maxes out only as a top 5 fighter. As if that were a failure in this business lol
I aee on Here "Jiri is next champ "

I don't see it..his last two fights he's been rocked and pulled crazy shit out of his ass to win

I

I don't see it..his last two fights he's been rocked and pulled crazy shit out of his ass to win
That's like every fight he's been in, not just the last 2. Meanwhile he's 28-3-1. The only guy he's lost to in his last like 24-25 fights is King Mo, who landed and absolute nuclear bomb on him, and Jiri avenged that loss.

He was getting lit up by "no time* almost got dropped twice and got outstruck until a right cross. Yeah he won however.

http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/cd8cdb539deaa47f

Reyes was out striking him too until that spinner out of nowhere.
Hands down by his waist, chiN not tucked, circling into fighters wheelhouses. He takes way too many shots, in nearly every fight he's had, he gets rocked.
I wonder if he's uncoachable and just a "Dom" kind of fighter with non- conventional foot work and awkward angles? I have more to say, but was curious if anyone felt the same?
I will enjoy every moment of Jiri's run. He is going to spectacularly KO people or most likely get spectacularly KO'ed.

It's beautiful.

So many dumb kids on here don't like a guy because "he has a glaring weakness"

Dude is on a huuuuuge win streak and has a crazy amount of KO wins with barely any losses, one of which (which happens to be his most recent) was a KO loss where he had already fought Nemkov that night and they both got ridiculously exhausted (Nemkov quit)

Show some fucking respect

You don't think he can beat Glover Teixeira?
I thought about that . I didn't think Glover could beat Jan, I was wrong. Different fighter, diff style. Etc. The Only factor that bothers me is that post belt syndrome after fighting forever, winning the belt and "giving up* like we've seen a bunch of times.
If it goes past the 2nd, no I don't. I've yet to see anyone with grappling skills fight Jiri and I think thats been orchestrated behind the scenes for his career.

So many dumb kids on here don't like a guy because "he has a glaring weakness"

Dude is on a huuuuuge win streak and has a crazy amount of KO wins with barely any losses, one of which (which happens to be his most recent) was a KO loss where he had already fought Nemkov that night and they both got ridiculously exhausted (Nemkov quit)

Show some fucking respect
He has more than one "glaring weakness.
Lots of charisma, lack of fundementals.

I think he's like Cruz- uncoachable. He's only got one, hands down, herky jerky style that eats right hands who constantly puts himself off balance with his footwork and odd angles because that's "how he fights." He has awful fundamentals and no defense to speak of

I am hoping Glover defends, and I feel he has a good chance at doing so.

Back