I'm not on the Jiri hype train.

Rakic murders this guy.

If you don't like watching Jiri fight, then you don't like MMA. The man is pure action and violence.

jiri's fun to watch but he's not the most defensive fighter in LHW. He got KO by King Mo on rizin so if he fights a very technical guy he could get his ass beat.

I don't remember who said it here but defensive fighters with good technique are steamrolling recently: Yan, Gane, Chikadze, Fiziev are the norm right now.

He was getting lit up by "no time* almost got dropped twice and got outstruck until a right cross. Yeah he won however.

http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/cd8cdb539deaa47f

Reyes was out striking him too until that spinner out of nowhere.
Hands down by his waist, chiN not tucked, circling into fighters wheelhouses. He takes way too many shots, in nearly every fight he's had, he gets rocked.
I wonder if he's uncoachable and just a "Dom" kind of fighter with non- conventional foot work and awkward angles? I have more to say, but was curious if anyone felt the same?

But do we care? The fighters you like probably suck anyway.

I’ve loved watching him fight for a long time will get hit take it and come back and stop his opponents. Like wanderlei used to be when he was killing everybody.

there shouldn’t be hype. He’s fought many really good fighters and has tons of experience. There’s no wonder with him as he has over 30+ fights

I’d agree with you but Glover is champ and the division is as weak as it’s ever been. He just highlight reel KO’ed a top guy and it’s not a reach to think he will he champ soon.

Reyes showed that Jiri is hittable but he’s also super dangerous and one of the most exciting fighters in the UFC. That should be celebrated
Its not weak

Yea, he's hittable and anyone can be KO'd, but almost no one can stop his offense or survive it

He's definitely holding the belt at one point, if not his next fight

He may be hittable, but did he walk away with anywhere near the amount of damage Dominick did? It looked like he barely even got hurt, meanwhile Dominick's face got fucking rearranged.

I'll give Reyes credit, he did hurt him enough to make him go for a take down, which was very noticeable. While he had some moments, Jiri just kept overwhelming him. That was a tough loss, I hope he recovers.

I look at a fight like this and think "No fucking way Jones would survive this much abuse"

Jones face would be like 10x more swelled up than the Gus fight. I think Jiri will absolutely destroy him if they fight at LHW.

He was getting lit up by "no time* almost got dropped twice and got outstruck until a right cross. Yeah he won however.

Hands down by his waist, chiN not tucked, circling into fighters wheelhouses. He takes way too many shots, in nearly every fight he's had, he gets rocked.
I wonder if he's uncoachable and just a "Dom" kind of fighter with non- conventional foot work and awkward angles? I have more to say, but was curious if anyone felt the same?
If he wins a belt then loses 4 like Woodley, would you have been right or wrong here?

Point being, he could be all the things you say and still be good enough short term to win a UFC title before his chin gives out. If he did, were you wrong today? Or will you be right no matter what when he eventually starts losing?

Yes it’s rhetorical, no you don’t have to answer, yes I hope you think about it.

Reyes landed bombs in that fight but not once in that fight did I think he was dictating how the fight goes. Jiri is like a tornado, he dictates how the fight goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back