I'm not on the Jiri hype train.

He was getting lit up by "no time* almost got dropped twice and got outstruck until a right cross. Yeah he won however.

http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/cd8cdb539deaa47f

Reyes was out striking him too until that spinner out of nowhere.
Hands down by his waist, chiN not tucked, circling into fighters wheelhouses. He takes way too many shots, in nearly every fight he's had, he gets rocked.
I wonder if he's uncoachable and just a "Dom" kind of fighter with non- conventional foot work and awkward angles? I have more to say, but was curious if anyone felt the same?

Bullshit Reyes was out striking him. Jiri won the first round and finished in the second.

Love when people just make shit up and then base an argument around it.

Reyes wasn't outstriking him. Jiri was ahead on the numbers, being far more offensive, and was causing way more damage.

Its a good advert of why stats don't tell you the whole storty of a fight, Reyes was hanging on for several points before the finish.

He is extremely exciting, but people are going to turn on him the moment they see his grappling

I'm on the hype train 1000%, but I'm not delusional about the fact that this guy is beatable, and has a kamikaze style that might lead to devastating KO losses, or getting wrestlefucked at some point.

But really, who's gonna complain about having a new, super exciting, ultra violent KO machine à la Wanderlei Silva at 205 at this point? Not me...

Last edited:
You're probably right but you don't need to be that good to be LHW champion atm.

Jiri smokes Glover and probably stays champ until an actual solid martial artist comes around.

when you have power like he has, it can compensate for the 'weaknesses". when you know your power is greater than your opponents, getting into that exchange will more than likely end in your favor. ngannou knows this too.

I aee on Here "Jiri is next champ "

I don't see it..his last two fights he's been rocked and pulled crazy shit out of his ass to win
You don’t see him beating Glover. Uhhh ok then.

Guys I'm a huge fan of Jiri I think He's awesome.... That being said the disrespect for Glover yall are showing is crazy. I really suggest anyone who talks about him that way to go check out his recent win streak. He comes to bang and he grinds guys the fuck down like damn he is relentless with his pressure.

Plus to be honest Glover's style is just awesome he boxes old school with big 90s power punches.

I thought
You don’t see him beating Glover. Uhhh ok then.
I thought Jan would best Glover.
Wrong.
If Glover gets ahold of his awkward LHW Dom Cruz ass, gets him one tue ground FOR ONCE ...It's over.!

when you have power like he has, it can compensate for the 'weaknesses". when you know your power is greater than your opponents, getting into that exchange will more than likely end in your favor. ngannou knows this too.
The "more than likely" can swing fast either way

As a big fan of Jiri from his Rizin days, his ground game and TDD will be more off a problem then his striking defence. At least it's nice to hear he realizes this and is going to Cejudo's gym to train that

i disagree Reyes was outstriking him. Reyes had spots and even hurt Jiri but Jiri was also overwhelming him and it was clear in the fight. Jiri was landing a lot of strikes.

Back