I'm not feeling motivated to go to BJJ

What do you guys do to feel motivated to go grapple. For the last 2 months I had some injuries and took a week off then our gym closed for a week for holidays and now I;m just feeling meh whatever only going 1-2 a week instead of 3-6 like i used to when I first started (around my join date)

Maybe this will help:

I haven't been able to go train for 4 months. I finally will be able to go back Monday. The day before St. Patricks Day was the last day I trained in town. So just think about how you would feel if you actually could not go do it. You could be burned out, or something else may be up, but if you are still having a blast when you go, just keep that in mind. A lot of people also live in places where they can't train even if they want to. We have it pretty good.

Maybe this will help:

I haven't been able to go train for 4 months. I finally will be able to go back Monday. The day before St. Patricks Day was the last day I trained in town. So just think about how you would feel if you actually could not go do it. You could be burned out, or something else may be up, but if you are still having a blast when you go, just keep that in mind. A lot of people also live in places where they can't train even if they want to. We have it pretty good.

Awful.

I teach every year short term at a college. It's only a two month engagement for a competition. During that time, I'm reduced in my training opportunities by 1.5 times a week (one of the days I only train every other week) and it nearly kills me.

I've had to take two weeks off twice and I was literally dreaming about rolling and waking up with sore forearms, gripping my blanket or pillow.

4 months would kill me know.

Heck, I don't even like the weeks that I don't train from Wednesday to Saturday, so I've bought 8 x 16 feet of mats to cover my basement floor and have other displaced guys come over.

I'm glad to hear that you're getting back on the mat.

Go watch the genki sudo hl video of that grappling tournament where he taps everyone with flying triangles

sometimes taking a break is a good thing. If you do and you just don't "feel" like going, force yourself to go and ask yourself after you trained "did I really want to be there?" if not then you might need to find another hobby.

Sometimes it just takes getting back in the groove to motivate you. I think it was Dan Gable that said "every minute I'm not training my opponent is" think about that.

sometimes taking a break is a good thing. If you do and you just don't "feel" like going, force yourself to go and ask yourself after you trained "did I really want to be there?" if not then you might need to find another hobby.

Sometimes it just takes getting back in the groove to motivate you. I think it was Dan Gable that said "every minute I'm not training my opponent is" think about that.

Considering that my biggest opponent is time (age), I can totally understand this.

Back