I'm glad tomorrow's card is so weak.

If you ever wonder why in the future you see a fighter who is 5-0 competung for a title in the UFC and you don't know who he is is this will be why.

At what point did I say they were comparable to lower league footy? All I'm saying is you don't have to watch everything on offer all the time. And that doesn't mean you're not a true fan! I love mma. But I don't feel the need to watch every bit of mma there is!

The 'true fight fan' bs needs to stop. Only getting excited for the bigger fights doesn't mean ur not a true fan. I don't bother watching the majority of the undercards. Still love mma. It isn't a contest to be the biggest fan! Uncle Dana isn't gunna give you props for it

Football is my favourite sport. It doesn't mean I watch every game that's on tv, especially not league 2 or conference shit!

Right there. You're making the connection that the undercard/fanless fighters are to MMA as "league 2 or conference shit" That's the comparison. Just because you don't use the word "Compare" doesn't mean you didn't do it.

No. People don't have to, and won't ever HAVE to get excited for and tune in for the undercard fights. However, when someone comes into a forum and posts about how much better off THEY (TS, not the afore-quoted) are personally because they think they figured out some secret path to MMA Entertainment - they should be prepared to be called names.

For me, it seems like a personal disservice to intentionally miss fights being put on by a single organization simply because you don't know who a guy is. Not going out of your way to watch WSOF or Bellator fights, I can see that. If you were more a Bellator guy and refused to watch the up-and-comers in your rival organization, that's also understandable. But you're going to watch UFC fights anyways, and you decide you only need to watch one or two fights to get a feel for the event.

I also feel like the more you watch the lower tiered fighters, you get a better understanding of what truly sloppy MMA can be, where people are missing technique, and you get to watch fighters actually grow.
Overall, I think you're just missing out.

You're not "killing the sport". You're not "the reason MMA is dying". You're not even the worst kind of MMA fan. But you are a little self-righteous, and it's upsetting.

Oh boy, a card where I dont have to stay up til 4 in the fucking morning. Good thing it's a good card, oh wait.

Back