I'm glad tomorrow's card is so weak.

I have no problem with undefeated prospects. But when the entire card is filled with prospects, by default, it CANNOT be a strong card. More than half of these guys will be weeded out in no time.
Half the guys will be weeded out in no time? No shit. The sport is cutthroat. Of course half the fighters will be weeded out. That's what makes the sport exciting. Everyone is fighting for their life in the UFC.

What's the problem? I expect half the fighters on any given card to not be in the UFC in 2 years. This has been true of every UFC card in the last 10 years.

I mean fuck look at UFC 116. At the time, it was hailed as one of the greatest cards in UFC history. But now, how many people are even actively fighting on the UFC roster? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_116

2: Brown and Schaub

Compare that to a "weak" card at the time in UFC 120: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_120, which featured gustafsson and maldonado on the prelims

Moral of the story: You don't know in advance which cards are going to produce the future stars.

Last edited:
It's not great but personally I'm going to enjoy the opportunity to watch almost 12 straight hours of MMA.

These were my thoughts if not for the fact that I have family coming over and am not gonna get to watch them all because Im gonna be busy with them.

The main card is actually pretty good all things considered (Fight Pass card in a country they have no TV in) and has some relevant fights in the MW division. Barnatt/Strickland probably determines who the best UFC MW prospect is (at least in my estimation), CB Dollaway gets the step up in competition he's earned vs Carmont who held his own vs Jacare and any time Mousasi gets to fight, it's a good time.

i'm gonna watch 12 hours of UFC mma tomorrow. some of these guys will disappear; some will "make it." i'm not a big drinker, but i'm gonna spend my day drunk and enjoy every single fight.

UFC Berlin
Froch v Groves
UFC Brazil

All in a row.

Don't know the majority of the fighters on the Brazil event, but should be a good day of fights

Tomorrow is a day for true fight fans. Not these cry babies who complain about weak cards all the bloody time yet have 1000s of post on sherdog.

Being from the UK and having some decent knowledge of these European prospects on the Berlin card has me really excited. The Brazil card isn't as good in comparison imo but I'm still looking forward to it. One guy I think people forget is Mark Eddiva from the Philippines who had a really impressive d

I have no problem with undefeated prospects. But when the entire card is filled with prospects, by default, it CANNOT be a strong card. More than half of these guys will be weeded out in no time.

A card full of prospects can be a strong card. IF all the fights turn out to be great fights that's a strong card in my book.

Half the guys will be weeded out in no time? No shit. The sport is cutthroat. Of course half the fighters will be weeded out. That's what makes the sport exciting. Everyone is fighting for their life in the UFC.

What's the problem? I expect half the fighters on any given card to not be in the UFC in 2 years. This has been true of every UFC card in the last 10 years.

I mean fuck look at UFC 116. At the time, it was hailed as one of the greatest cards in UFC history. But now, how many people are even actively fighting on the UFC roster? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_116

2: Brown and Schaub

Compare that to a "weak" card at the time in UFC 120: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_120, which featured gustafsson and maldonado on the prelims

Moral of the story: You don't know in advance which cards are going to produce the future stars.

If this is indeed true, then it would be something if more than an 1/8 of the fighters on these cards will be in the UFC 2 years from now. lol

A card full of prospects can be a strong card. IF all the fights turn about to be great fights that's a strong card in my book.

I agree. Prospects can put on amazing fights. I am just glad that I can miss them live and not feel bad since it's really just a gamble and there isn't any proven history that would make me regret missing it.

I don't understand people.

Yakovlev destroyed Daley. If he destroyed Daley in the UFC and was fighting Maia, people would be excited. He destroys Daley outside the UFC, and nobody cares that he's fighting Maia.

Fights outside the UFC are not qualitatively different than fights inside, as much as some people apparently believe.

I will say that I can understand the sentiment of enjoying Fight Pass's ability to skip around and not have to watch everything at that moment.

I see a lot of talent on both cards, actually. You may not be really familiar with them, but they don't suck. There will be future contenders for titles on the cards 2maro, people just really don't understand the sport. The UFC has done a better job at prospecting, and has opened up the Russian market which has led to a bunch of 14-1 guys coming in that have been fighting tougher guys than a lot of the guys coming from the AXS TV type shows. These shows would be atrocious ppvs, but they are good free cards that give you a chance to see some guys that will end up mattering shortly.

Tomorrow is a day for true fight fans. Not these cry babies who complain about weak cards all the bloody time yet have 1000s of post on sherdog.

Being from the UK and having some decent knowledge of these European prospects on the Berlin card has me really excited. The Brazil card isn't as good in comparison imo but I'm still looking forward to it. One guy I think people forget is Mark Eddiva from the Philippines who had a really impressive d

Strongly disagree.

Rashid Magomedov is a future star.

Edimilson Souza and Eddiva both had awesome debuts.

Cara de Sapato vs Lex Luthor and Warlley vs Lyoto are both fantastic TUF finals.

Jason is a star in brazil for winning tuf brazil 1, and is never in a boring fight.

Elias Silverio is a future contender.

Maia vs Yakovlev is a solid fight.

Cap it off with a pride style main event in Brawldonado vs Miocic. What's not to love?

Respect your opinion and I probably just have bias due to location. But this is how I see the the cards stacked together.

Mark Mu

I have to sit down and think about how I can watch all thee fights tomorrow while fitting in a trip to the zoo.

The 'true fight fan' bs needs to stop. Only getting excited for the bigger fights doesn't mean ur not a true fan. I don't bother watching the majority of the undercards. Still love mma. It isn't a contest to be the biggest fan! Uncle Dana isn't gunna give you props for it

Football is my favourite sport. It doesn't mean I watch every game that's on tv, especially not league 2 or conference shit!

You're seriously comparing these cards to league 2 or conference football. I never said it was a contest, I just get sick people saying a card is shit when they don't know enough about the people on card.

I am excited for the fights.
Lots of unknown guys are hungry to win big and put on a show.

I don't understand people.

Yakovlev destroyed Daley. If he destroyed Daley in the UFC and was fighting Maia, people would be excited. He destroys Daley outside the UFC, and nobody cares that he's fighting Maia.

Fights outside the UFC are not qualitatively different than fights inside, as much as some people apparently believe.

This.

Both cards are weak. I'd rather have one good card.

The UFN Finale card certainly is. UFC Fight Night however is OK. Nothing great but potentially a couple of good fights (on paper that is. Doesn't always mean anything)

We need more stacked UFC on Fox cards

Back