Im glad I gave that show another chance...

Game of Thrones. The first episode looked too much like a LOTR nerdfest type show but I came back for the boobies and stayed for the story.

Trailer Park Boys and Blue Mountain State for me. Surprisingly they both turned out to be a couple of the funniest shows I've ever watched.

I haven't gotten into The Wire, or Madmen. I've wanted to, just couldn't.

And for anyone that gave Game of Thrones a second chance, I'm very happy for you. #GOAT

I had to give Breaking Bad a few chances over a couple of years before I actually got into it

Lately I couldn't get into GoT, but I'll give it another chance someday. GoT needs too much attention though. I usually dripfeed on TV shows by putting them on repeat in the background while I'm dicking around on the PC, and while I basically followed GoT seemed like I was missing out on a lot of detail once it started to get going.

you fuckers should have given Get a Life a second chance, but you didn't and it got canceled. ASSHOLES.

That show was way ahead of it's time. Now if they brought it back it would be reality tv and relatable.

I watched only 2 episodes of Walking Dead and didn't like it. Then I gave marathoned it a few months back. Now I am hooked.

Breaking Bad. The first season was pretty bad for me, around 1/3 to midway of the 2nd I started to get into it. I might give Game of Thrones a chance sometime in the near future.

Mi-5

I kept seeing it on Netflix, tried it once could not get into it. Started it again like a year later and it is a slick show, well done.

Mi-5

I kept seeing it on Netflix, tried it once could not get into it. Started it again like a year later and it is a slick show, well done.

Always throws me, it was originally called Spooks. Do you know they're filming a film currently?

American Dad. First two seasons are boring and bad, 3rd starts to get funny, and 6,7 and 8 have been fucking killer

Fucking love American Dad. One of my favorite shows.

true blood. saw an episode and thought it was the stupidest thing id ever seen.

2 years later got hooked and watched all of it.

yes i hate myself for liking true blood.

Homoooooo. Just kidding. Sort of.

And I know I'll get flamed on here, but I didn't really care for The Big Bang Theory at first, but I love it now.

Always throws me, it was originally called Spooks. Do you know they're filming a film currently?

Yep, the movie title is going to be Spooks the Greater Good I believe. Jon Snow is in it. Yeah the title changed because not only does Spooks mean spy here in America it also means something totally different and negative.

Good show, the only thing is there is a bunch of character turnover.

Breaking Bad
I watched the first season, thought it was good, but clumsy. Put it down. Didn't pick it up against until after the third season, I think, when everyone was talking about it.

Deadwood
The anachronistic swearing put me off when I caught episodes flipping through channels. Friends convinced me it was worth it. I started paying closer attention to the language. Profit.

Dexter
Didn't watch the first few episodes carefully, but in a group (I prefer watching good television and movies by myself because I'm one of only several people left on the planet, it seems, who doesn't allow my phone to distract me...all but one person in my Sunday group tests my patience, even). Later I went back on my own at the behest of Sherdoggers, actually. I'm grateful for the first five seasons.

Archer
Thought it was just another shitty, snide, thinks-it's-smarter-than-it-is Adult Swim comedy. My brothers and my friends rode me for a few years before I finally gave in. Boy was I wrong.

Burn Notice. I was originally a bit turned off by that first person narration but watched it a few more times and it grew on me.

Breaking Bad is probably the most major one. I got about halfway through the first season and hated it. Came back when it started getting a lot of hype. Turned out that I had quit on it right before it started getting really good.

shows i'm pretty sure i SHOULD give a second chance to but haven't yet:

Orphan Black - was bored by the 1st episode
Banshee - got tired of it after the 1st season but hear good things about the 2nd

I loved the first episode of the Shield but got bored with the rest of the first and second season and stopped. I watched the rest of the series later and was glad. The last 3 seasons were amazing

Back