I'm cool with RDA losing his belt over this.

the Connie swingers are thick in here. RDA just fought 2 months ago. He is faking to avoid the payday. Stupid people dont care about rules unless its the dong they are riding. Connie sure attracts the riders.

Most fighters are continuously non stop injured, I feel like you don't appreciate how hard these fighters need to train to be as good as they are. Horrible thread.

These lil' bazillions are all running scared. Every single one!

- Kenny Florian.

Obvious ducking should result in a belt being stripped.
If the UFC takes them to THEIR DOCTORS and sees the injury, then obviously it's not ducking though, correct? Not sure if you're saying that's the case here or just in general.

I want to see the x-ray and read the doctors report.
If its a legit injury then no way should he lose the belt or McGregor get an interim one.
If the UFC cast doubt on it like they did with Aldo, I dunno.

anyway if its not too long recovery they could re-arrange for it for two/ three months time....
Perhaps an advantage for McGregor who can train during RDA's recovery time.

Sounds like a great way to have a bunch of meaningless paper champs

Plus RDA just fought recently and hasn't pulled out of any title fights previously.

Yeah, threadstarter. You tell those professional fighters how they should train!

The amount of stupidity on these forums is astounding. I am as pissed off as anyone else that this fight was canceled. I'm also vexed by how many camps take a "war-in-the-gym" approach to training. I don't think it's smart due to the increased risk of pre-fight injuries, and in the long run, I think the wear-and-tear on the fighter can shorten their careers (not to mention deteriorate their chins).

With that being said, if that is how a fighter/team chooses to train, then that is their prerogative. Calling for the champ to have his title stripped because he got injured while training for f****** combat tells me that you have never trained or competed at any serious level in your life. Shit happens, regardless of how intelligently you train. Where and how the hell are you going to draw the line as to how hard the athletes are "allowed" to prepare for a fight?

"...if you get injured as champ, you can kiss your belt goodbye until you adopt the proper training practices to stay healthy, because obviously that part of your game is still lacking and until it improves you're not champion caliber."

Spoken like a true, champion-caliber keyboard warrior. Maybe the UFC should hire guys like you to monitor all training camps and certify whether or not the camp's practices are "proper" enough.

I'm not particularly angry that he got injured - it's HOW he got injured that is infuriating. These guys need to be wearing proper protection when sparring, and to make sure they are staying healthy. That is part of training. The fact that he broke his foot throwing a kick a couple of weeks out is completely unacceptable in my opinion. That just seems like incredibly stupid training......

I don't remember a time when champs pulled out so often.

I agree. We should be watching history this weekend and again at UFC 200 when Conor won the WW belt at 170 but RDA had to train like an idiot

No but they should grant interim belt to conor to sell the fight.

Are you his mom? That's such an asinine suggestion i can't even believe anyone who isn't on his nuts would think that's reasonable. Be impartial, injuries happen and interim belts are fake unless it's for an inactive champion. Dos Anjos fought like 2 months ago.

the Connie swingers are thick in here. RDA just fought 2 months ago. He is faking to avoid the payday. Stupid people dont care about rules unless its the dong they are riding. Connie sure attracts the riders.

Now is damn foot is fucked up and he isnt going to able to kick the shit out of Connor as hard as he would have.

These champions shouldn't be getting injured like this. It's mainly happening during sparring. Just off the top of my head we have RDA, Aldo, and Cain recently.

At this point I'd rather see a possible "under prepared" (in the sense that they didn't spar as much as normal) champion show up to the fight, than reoccurring injured champions throwing entire fight cards into disarray.

This is a fast moving, constantly evolving sport and guess what folks, staying healthy is the most under appreciated aspect of it, in fact it could be argued that staying healthy is a skill unto itself.

A champion that trains smart, rests well and stays healthy is of a higher skill caliber than one who gets injured. It's as simple as that.

Time for a new standard here, if you get injured as champ, you can kiss your belt goodbye until you adopt the proper training practices to stay healthy, because obviously that part of your game is still lacking and until it improves you're not champion caliber.

I'm almost there with you. Almost. I just don't know who decides what is intelligent training and what should be penalized. If the answer is Dana Fucking White then I'm not there at all. You have a notion that should be considered for sure.

When Aldo fucked his...whatever it was...foot maybe....riding a motorcycle or scooter or whatever...he should have been stripped. That was foolish behavior that should have been avoided.

As far as I can see this is the first fight he has ever pulled out of,in any org,ya dumb shits :D Not to mention he's super active compared to most champions.How stupid can someone be to actually think he should get his belt stripped lol.

what an absolutely retarded first 3 posts

More like first 4, the suggestion that it should be for an interim belt is crazy retarded too. That 6th guy saved the thread though.lol. It was nice to see he had so many likes

Feed quitboy Cerrone to Conor and have them fight for the real title no interims. Not Conor's fault that his opponent decided to run away again.

Didn't read. Your opinion means nothing when you say a champion should be stripped for training hard, and getting injured.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back