I'm cool with RDA losing his belt over this.

BlueMerle

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
These champions shouldn't be getting injured like this. It's mainly happening during sparring. Just off the top of my head we have RDA, Aldo, and Cain recently.

At this point I'd rather see a possible "under prepared" (in the sense that they didn't spar as much as normal) champion show up to the fight, than reoccurring injured champions throwing entire fight cards into disarray.

This is a fast moving, constantly evolving sport and guess what folks, staying healthy is the most under appreciated aspect of it, in fact it could be argued that staying healthy is a skill unto itself.

A champion that trains smart, rests well and stays healthy is of a higher skill caliber than one who gets injured. It's as simple as that.

Time for a new standard here, if you get injured as champ, you can kiss your belt goodbye until you adopt the proper training practices to stay healthy, because obviously that part of your game is still lacking and until it improves you're not champion caliber.

Obvious ducking should result in a belt being stripped.

like i said in the other thread 1 pull out per year, then strip, no belts? next fight prelims

No but they should grant interim belt to conor to sell the fight.

Holly Holm just delivered the KO heard round the world over a UFC darling in Ronda. If they didn't replace this fight, the card would still be fine. Holm and Tate are both game and would be an exciting fight.

I'm cool with you losing your account over this dumb thread, too.

it's going to be the funniest thing ever when mcgregor has to pull out of a fight one day

These champions shouldn't be getting injured like this. It's mainly happening during sparring. Just off the top of my head we have RDA, Aldo, and Cain recently.

At this point I'd rather see a possible "under prepared" (in the sense that they didn't spar as much as normal) champion show up to the fight, than reoccurring injured champions throwing entire fight cards into disarray.

This is a fast moving, constantly evolving sport and guess what folks, staying healthy is the most under appreciated aspect of it, in fact it could be argued that staying healthy is a skill unto itself.

A champion that trains smart, rests well and stays healthy is of a higher skill caliber than one who gets injured. It's as simple as that.

Time for a new standard here, if you get injured as champ, you can kiss your belt goodbye until you adopt the proper training practices to stay healthy, because obviously that part of your game is still lacking.

A contact sport like this is rife with injuries....it's unavoidable. You may have a case for chronic injuries , but one off and you can piss off with that.

When's the last time you called in sick to your bum job? We're you Demoted and/or shit canned?

Rooting for Conor but RDA just fought and has been active.

First time he has pulled out of a fight as champion and you want him stripped of the belt? Wow you're pathetic.

It really is frustrating to see champions just sit on their belts because they stubbed their damn toe.

I wish Conor vs Cerrone for the interim belt,then Conor vs lawler at 200.Then he should fight a 145 before even thinking about rda at 55..plus if he wins at 170 why even go back to 55 , he would already have a belt a that weight...3 belt and no red panty night for rda..rda doesnt deserve the GOAT

Don't take it personal Sherdog.
You're becoming more invested than the fighters.

A contact sport like this is rife with injuries....it's unavoidable. You may have a case for chronic injuries , but one off and you can piss off with that.

When's the last time you called in sick to your bum job? We're you Demoted and/or shut canned?

Then how do you explain Anderson Silva, for example, a champion with many title defenses yet never an injury leading up to a fight?

The fact is, the vast majority of UFC champions do NOT get injured leading up to title defenses.

Time to hold all champions to that skill caliber, because as I said, staying healthy is a skill in itself.

You may have to look for another sport, because MMA just isn't what you think it should be. Champs and top fighters have been getting periodically injured all the time, and there is no doubt this trend will continue.

TS' join date is the same day as RDA's last fight. Huh.

RDA doesn't deserve all this. If his foot is broken I'm sure it wasn't on purpose.

Conor fans are generally
Children or from lower socioeconomic backgrounds

Back