I'm cool with RDA losing his belt over this.

Conor can't make FW in 10 days

He has been training/dieting to make LW, this whole time, so making FW and defending his title is simply not on the cards.

Diaz/Cerrone for the interim belt makes sense.

Why would those two fighting warrant an interim title ?.
The division has its champion and he will return.

Legitimate injuries shouldn't be punished. This is a combat sport. Even when you train smart shit happens. Peoole twist their ankles just walking down the street all the time. Imagine what a professional fighter goes through at the gym. Shit like Werdum pulled though I'm not cool with. An interim belt should have been made in that situation.

giphy.gif

I explain that as individuals being individuals.

I used to run marathons. I never got hurt or had nagging injuries, where one of my good buddies/training partners ( who was/is an high 2:30s marathoner ...much faster than me) was always battling setbacks.

Do you think 100% of injuries are preventable? If so you obviously have no experience with higher level athletics.....I suspect you don't.

This isn't a hobby, like running marathons. It's a competition for the best fighters in the world.

Imagine two fighters with the same fighting skill level. The fighter that remains healthy is greater than the fighter that breaks himself to the point to where he cannot even show up to compete. It's as simple as that.

100% of injuries do not need to be preventable because 100% of fighters aren't champion caliber.

LOL, for sure. I can't even believe how many accounts started in 2015 that literally F'ing destroy this message board. The 2015 accounts that are McGregor fans make 20 threads a day about him and constantly spout ridiculous shit like this thread.
probably a bunch of fuckin millennials too!

Why would those two fighting warrant an interim title ?.
The division has its champion and he will return.
Because it's needs to main event and the winner needs to be guaranteed a title shot.

I can see it if there is question on legitimacy of injury or if its a recurring sneaky pattern, but...dude broke his foot...wish him a speedy recovery...holding him to a new standard because of past champions questionable treatment is ridiculous and RDA doesn't deserve the poor treatment.

I have no problem with TS losing his account over this.

I agree, in all other sports there's a schedule of games and you gotta show up. Nobody cares if your team is a defending champion and your main players are injured, games are still being held even if your entire team is injured. You lose your title if you're not fit and on schedule. Why should MMA be any different?

Why not collect the interims also on the way up?

This isn't a hobby, like running marathons. It's a competition for the best fighters in the world.

Imagine two fighters with the same fighting skill level. The fighter that remains healthy is greater than the fighter that breaks himself to the point to where he cannot even show up to compete. It's as simple as that.

100% of injuries do not need to be preventable because 100% of fighters aren't champion caliber.

My point....it flew right over your thick head. What's your athletic background TS if you don't mind ? I'd like to get a bead on your perspective to comment on injuries in sports that require intensive training.

Because it's needs to main event and the winner needs to be guaranteed a title shot.[/QUOTE

If this is the new precedence the Ufc will soon be a mess of " interim champions ".
But if that what it takes to have people tune in.

Dos Anjos has fought six times in the last two years and he just defended his title two months ago. If he's out until 2107, then I could be persuaded he needs to be stripped of his title, but to be stripped or have an interim at this point would be waaaaaaay overboard.

True , but ts isn't training to beat someone unconscious day in and day out. Tends to be taxing on the body. How many creampuffs on here hurt their wittle wotattor cuffs lifting weights at the YMCA every now and again and have to dial it back?

Living an active lifestyle, let alone one of a pro athlete is haaaaaard on the body. Anyone that doesn't get that is almost certainly not remotely an athlete.
This is Sherdog, many are here to live vicariously through actual athletes. And occasionally tell another non-athlete about their athletic prowess and threaten to wreck their shit via keystrokes. Injuries in athletes are a reality. Some stave them off better than others.

I wish Conor vs Cerrone for the interim belt,then Conor vs lawler at 200.Then he should fight a 145 before even thinking about rda at 55..plus if he wins at 170 why even go back to 55 , he would already have a belt a that weight...3 belt and no red panty night for rda..rda doesnt deserve the GOAT
If Conor gets an interim title shot and wins, what happens when RDA is back? When does he defend the FW belt, and then fight RDA for the true LW strap? If he gets an interim shot and wins, it is gonna cause a lot of problems for the UFC. He wont be the real champ, and when RDA is healthy, and ready to fight, Conor could be fighting for the FW strap. IS RDA just supposed to wait for Conor to fight at FW then come back up to LW? Best would be a #1 contender shot, but the whole point of all this was a champ vs champ fight. RDA, why did you have to get injured??? lol.

What? You expect him to fight with a broken foot? The gdamn athletic commission would never allow it. Where the fuck do you people come from?

no.....I expect these fucking champions not BREAK THEIR BONES 2 WEEKS OUT FROM A MASSIVE FIGHT.

Not just RDA if anyone dont show to fight you should lose title no matter circumstances. These things cost UFC a lot of money and fucks up everything many cards later. As an added bonus I bet 90% of fights would go as planned since fighters would throw more caution to the wind instead of having to be perfect.

Back