*I'm a huge DC fan but, gun to my head, i would say Stipe is gonna get the rematch*

what a load of bullshit, Stipe just got knocked the fuck out in the first round by DC. No one thinks Stipe will take it this time, this is just having good faith in your fav fighter, no logic at all behind it
DC only won because of the eyepokes.

if stipe wears goggles, fat boy is going to sleep

There's almost nothing in the first fight you can point to and say that's where Stipe will win.

It didn't look like it but DC was dominating in all positions and knocked Stipe out. It wasn't a lucky strike, DC was beating him everywhere.

Stipe could win but I'm not counting on it.

Stipe wins fights over dudes with low fight IQ, like a green Ngannou. He lost the first fight against DC because of a retarded game plan frought with mistakes. You have to wonder how much confidence Stipe has with his last fight a KO loss over a year ago.

DC only won because of the eyepokes.

if stipe wears goggles, fat boy is going to sleep
Please explain? How is a KO loss the result of an eyepoke? He got KOd coming out the clinch because he kept is left hand low. Tell yourself all the lies you need to, you’re just in denial.

Dc looks bigger than ever. And its pure fat. Dc will slow down in this fight after 3 rounds. All those injuries and age makes Stipe favourite in my eyes...

Dc looks bigger than ever. And its pure fat. Dc will slow down in this fight after 3 rounds. All those injuries and age makes Stipe favourite in my eyes...
8bdf006f91db4d0dc24b4a21f1536f4a.jpg

images

Pure fat eh?

It took less than a year to get from a Stipe that faltered against Struve to the Stipe that put on a clinic against Nelson. Granted that was much earlier in his career, at a stage where good prospects should improve by leaps and bounds. But like I said, Stipe always works to improve, and he's certainly had the motivation to focus on that this past year. Meanwhile DC's injuries have kept him from training as thoroughly as one would like. Even the camp for his defense was a hurried affair. Will he be able to gear back up to where he needs to be this time?

I don’t think after a year he could have improved enough to beat DC specifically. Struve and Nelson are completely different fighters with different skills and attributes so it’s hard for me to say how much he improved in that time. I just think DC is so much better in all positions. Also he looked pretty good again Lewis and finished him so rushed camp or not it doesn’t seem to matter, DC is just that good. I do think it will be a good fight. Looking forward to seeing how things will play out.

A freaking gun to your head, finger on the trigger. Pick a loser and you die. You crazy bro.
Well shit, it's not like I have any good choices with a gun to my head and what could be two of the greatest fighters we've ever seen at the class going head to head

I think stipe has the advantage, and I'd like to live ;)

There's almost nothing in the first fight you can point to and say that's where Stipe will win.

It didn't look like it but DC was dominating in all positions and knocked Stipe out. It wasn't a lucky strike, DC was beating him everywhere.

Stipe could win but I'm not counting on it.
stipe was winning the striking battle

Similar to the Overeem fight, it was one strike that put Stipe down, but Stipe was winning the exchanges aside from that. Unfortunately for Stipe, he didn't get up from this one

I'm a big fan of DC but I think 7 or 8 times out of 10 Stipe beats him. If DC didn't land that 1 punch I think he would have been in for a rough night.
idk what fight you were watching or how many shots you took that night lol

I hope Stipe gets the underdog status in this one. That's what you need for that Croatian mentality to kick in.

I don’t think after a year he could have improved enough to beat DC specifically. Struve and Nelson are completely different fighters with different skills and attributes so it’s hard for me to say how much he improved in that time. I just think DC is so much better in all positions. Also he looked pretty good again Lewis and finished him so rushed camp or not it doesn’t seem to matter, DC is just that good. I do think it will be a good fight. Looking forward to seeing how things will play out.

He did look good against Lewis, but ... it's Lewis. Even the people the Black Beat thumps tend to look good against him until the final blows. And while the shortened camp didn't prevent him from beating the guy, DC blames it for his back injury, because he couldn't prep like he should have. Back surgeries are tricky things, and considering that his last hand injury took far longer to heal than he expected, one has to wonder if his 40-year-old body will be able to bounce back in time to get into the tip-top shape DC acknowledges is needed for facing Stipe.

As to Stipe's improvements this past year, obviously we won't know until the fight itself. All I've got for evidence is a few stray comments from training partners and coaches in obscure interviews, and of course what else would they say? But then I'm not of your opinion that DC is "SO MUCH better in ALL positions" so I don't think the gap is so insurmountable. That KO was a triumph of gameplanning as much as anything else, and relied on some clever misdirection to be pulled off.

what a load of bullshit, Stipe just got knocked the fuck out in the first round by DC. No one thinks Stipe will take it this time, this is just having good faith in your fav fighter, no logic at all behind it

Cain got knocked out firest few seconds with JDS. Cain beats him in a rematch. The only load of bullshit is your knowledge of MMA.

Back