*I'm a huge DC fan but, gun to my head, i would say Stipe is gonna get the rematch*

The odds are litterally 50-50

Please post your betting slip, everyone with biased opinions seems so sure about this fight lol

I believe DC is Stipe's kryptonite. DC is too fast and has better cardio than Stipe.
Stipe knows to not even attempt to grapple with HW DC.HW DC also has serious power in those hands. DC lit up Stipe in every exchange they had. Stipe's face was busted after just one round.
DC made it look eaaaaaasy and I believe he will finish Stipe again.

Clearly we didnt watch the same fight <Lmaoo>

Stipe def got the better of the grappling/wrestling (size matters, sadly)

The fight was def. not ez for DC, he got caught with some naughty shoots (same shots would put Reem etc to sleep)

DC landed 1 punch in a sloppy exchange, the small guy won fair and square,

Do not try to predict HW fight, nor try to beat the bookies, because it only takes one shot

Clearly we didnt watch the same fight <Lmaoo>

Stipe def got the better of the grappling/wrestling (size matters, sadly)

The fight was def. not ez for DC, he got caught with some naughty shoots (same shots would put Reem etc to sleep)

DC landed 1 punch in a sloppy exchange, the small guy won fair and square,

Do not try to predict HW fight, nor try to beat the bookies, because it only takes one shot
Yes, DC landed ONE lucky lunch.

ufc-226-mixed-martial-arts-c136a4c0c2a66de6.jpg

And come on man, nobody is out grappling DC not named Jon Jones. Especially at HW.

DC is too fast for Stipe.

I think Stipe fights smarter this time but still loses by decision.

I think Stipe fights smarter this time but still loses by decision.

I think so, too. I was positive that DC would win by decision in the first match, and that his superior grappling and cardio would play a big role in it.

Still, DC had back surgery recently, who knows how it might have affected his fighting ability.

DC quickness and pace isn't gonna change
Steeopic getting ran through again
Stipe didn't seem to have issues wirh DC's quickness or pace in the first match. He came out of the clinch with his hand at his waist and took a right hand that put him out.

Yes, DC landed ONE lucky lunch.

ufc-226-mixed-martial-arts-c136a4c0c2a66de6.jpg

And come on man, nobody is out grappling DC not named Jon Jones. Especially at HW.

DC is too fast for Stipe.
But stipe did grapple him...

He also did well in a lot of exchanges. He was outboxing dc at range.

Pretty bad eye pokes in the first fight. If the ref in the rematch allows eye pokes, DC can win this. If not, Stipe wins every time.

What BS this fight is happening all this time late and not when Black Beast got his shot. Stipe was longest title reigning champ in history and that should warrant a rematch, nm in a dead division where guys like BB, who sucks, get ts. Right now, the HW champ should be fighting Jones on the big July card, and not Jones fighting Thiago "The Middleweight Flunkie'' Santos.

But stipe did grapple him...

He also did well in a lot of exchanges. He was outboxing dc at range.
You think Stipe can grapple with DC for an entire fight? For a round or two? Sure.
DC can go for five rounds, doubt Stipe can.

I feel DC will be too fast for Stipe and will out work Stipe and finish him.

DC fully hydrated and filled with cake and Popeyes is a different animal, man.

Stipe didn't seem to have issues wirh DC's quickness or pace in the first match. He came out of the clinch with his hand at his waist and took a right hand that put him out.
The quickness was in the clinch movements, Stipe was steps behind and payed for it
He's also on record saying he was tired
The pace DC fights at is uncomfortable for any HW and it's a big reason he so successful in that division.

The odds suck on this fight. Can't get value either way, in my opinion. Efficient.

People who try and validate their opinion by claiming they are a fan of the fighter they say will lose oughta shampoo my crotch.

Pretty bad eye pokes in the first fight. If the ref in the rematch allows eye pokes, DC can win this. If not, Stipe wins every time.

Their last fight was in a venue that hadn't adopted the new unified rules. The ref chose to warn DC about his outstretched fingers, but the tactic was legal and he couldn't be penalized for it. So DC knew he had carte blanche to stick his fingers out...and if it resulted in an egregious eyepoke, oh well!

This time it's in California, where the new rules apply. Fingers pointing forward constitutes a foul. Of course we can't be guaranteed a ref that will take that seriously. But Cormier can't be sure the ref will look the other way, either. And if he wouldn't think of fighting Stipe when at a physical liability because of injury or shortened camp, I doubt he'd want to fight him under the risk of point deductions.

I’m expecting a similar outcome. I just don’t like this matchup for Miocic. I’m a fan of both so I’m free rolling

Did this really need a thread of its own? You could have just pasted your single sentence opinion in any other thread.

Unless DC gets old suddenly...
(being an old person myself)
Speed....wrestling....power.
DC is a lock IMO

I think DC is better than stipe in basically every facet of mma.
The only facets which are even close is boxing and ko power and I still favour DC in those 2.

Westling
Jiu Jitsu
Clinch
Cardio
Endurance
Gameplan
Chin
Fight IQ

And basically everything else I have massively in favour of DC. I dont think stipe can beat him.

Back