im 99% confident if gsp comes back his first opponent...

Will be anderson silva at ufc 200..makes way too much sense, perfect fight at this stage of their careers for both fighters and still a money generated for the ufc now...with rousey guranteed to be out for ufc, the ufc is taking a big risk having conor fight in march against the killer that is rda cause imagine if he gets hurt during the rda fight and cant fight at ufc 200, u would have your two biggest stars out for the biggest event and ufc 200 would be without a worthy star headliner..i ve heard in rumors that the ufc are okay with the risk cuz they have something BIG saved and up their sleeve for ufc 200..this is the only thing i could think of that would be big enough as co main or main...they need this prepped in case they are without conor, its only smart business sense to have worst case scenario back up plan...GSP has said himself in interviews that if he came back he would not come back to chase the 170 belt again and would chase superfights/big fights at diff weight class and firas even mentioned perhaps cutting to 155 a long time ago (said he can make 155 fine and was always a small 170), so if we take gsp at his word the first superfight that makes perfect sense is Anderson silva..gsp has also said to have an eye on a big money fight with $$ conor (im sure only if he beats rda)

this is the fight they both wanted 5 yrs ago and i think the ufc thinks they can still sell it but it needs to happen asap while anderson is still relevant; before anderson too old to fight high level competition..even if andersons reputation is back somewhat with a victory over bisping, i dont expect anderson or the ufc is gonna be anxious for him to go title chasing at 40 and get beatdown by luke or chris right away (and they are already booked to fight each other anways)..this makes so much sense for anderson also cuz he only wants big names in non title fights...if gsp wants a big money $$ fight with conor it makes sense to fight anderson first ,at his walk around weight 185 then take a long time off if he wins and begin the process of adjusting his body to fight at 155.. this is a great comeback fight for gsp rather than fighting the terminator that is lawler right out the gate , that still draws big $$ without him having to interfere at 170 with rory and thompson, his buddies' title asparations...i dunno why evryone thinks he will comeback against lawler, that matchup would contradict what gsp has said he wants to do and ties him to 170 where im sure he doesnt want to fight wonderboy or rory or fight that often.

sorry this is long but any THOUGHTS?
Im 99% sure your wrong.
If gsp comes back it will not be to lose.

GSP got out just in time. Most people think he lost his last fight. New banned substance standards. New talent shows you can't just be 1 dimensional anymore. Conor raised the level of what is expected of champions. Plus GSP dodged AS for years.

You're a typical mma idiot. GSP was the most well rounded fighter in the sport. He changed the sport in making fighters realize that they could excel in all facets of fighting. He was a karate practitioner who became the best wrestler in mma. He's also more well rounded then Anderson Silva who's always had a gaping hole in his game. Also, please elaborate on Conor's esteemed ground game/wrestling since you directly compared the two in assessing how well rounded they are.

He also campaigned for stricter drug testing and did the testing himself when Hendricks reneged on their agreement. He was so dominant that Anderson Silva got no flack for calling out the champion in the weight division below his. Why didn't Silva go after that light heavyweight belt? Imagine the backlash if GSP had been calling out Bendo and Edgar... Stick with pro wrestling and family feud.

I'm 99.343254252342356234236234111000000000000000000000012121212121210000222222222222222% sure that...................

You're a typical mma idiot. GSP was the most well rounded fighter in the sport. He changed the sport in making fighters realize that they could excel in all facets of fighting. He was a karate practitioner who became the best wrestler in mma. He's also more well rounded then Anderson Silva who's always had a gaping hole in his game. Also, please elaborate on Conor's esteemed ground game/wrestling since you directly compared the two in assessing how well rounded they are.

He also campaigned for stricter drug testing and did the testing himself when Hendricks reneged on their agreement. He was so dominant that Anderson Silva got no flack for calling out the champion in the weight division below his. Why didn't Silva go after that light heavyweight belt? Imagine the backlash if GSP had been calling out Bendo and Edgar... Stick with pro wrestling and family feud.
Oh really? Then let that boring jab and take down fighter come back and show us what he can do. I guarantee you he wouldn't be a prospect after 2 fights. He will come in and just try to make some Conor $$$ and leave. Sorry kid but boring as jab and top control won't do it anymore. GSP is the past, e excelled where being safe and having a good record was enough (people liked his physique and the whole Canadian demographic to fluff his popularity) wonder boy would WORK HIM!

Oh really? Then let that boring jab and take down fighter come back and show us what he can do. I guarantee you he wouldn't be a prospect after 2 fights. He will come in and just try to make some Conor $$$ and leave. Sorry kid but boring as jab and top control won't do it anymore. GSP is the past, e excelled where being safe and having a good record was enough (people liked his physique and the whole Canadian demographic to fluff his popularity) wonder boy would WORK HIM!

1. GSP leaves UFC

2. # of Jab & Top control victories go down

3. Decides it's because Jab & Top Control doesn't work anymore.

i m 99% percent sure i used the 99% thread title cuz it for works for clickbait/response reasons...and i know % of sherdoggers are acutally going to take the title seriously...i dont work for the ufc so i cant be 55% positive let alone 99% of any matchmaking, i dont know if GSP is coming back..obiviously the title worked cuz u guys are still responded to a thread i posted how many days ago lol?? but i do stick by opinion (disclaimer to morons its just an opinion)...only other option i see is hendricks gsp 2 ..dont see lawler gsp happening because of what rory and firas have said about a potential gsp return in recent interviews...and i do think he is coming back for ufc 200..we ll see if im right ..

and i dont care about spelling /punctuation, i dont proof read , im trying to impress the proper english trolls..this is an mma forum, not english class, if u can read that should be good enough..

to wizzlebiz...were u joking/being sarcastic? i hope so

im 99% sure if any fighter , retired or active, takes a fight, they think they are going to win..they are professional athletes who train and fight for a living ..they dont take fights thinking oh shit i m gonna make a big comeback and lose lol...if gsp comes back im pretty sure reagrdless of who he fights he thinks he is going to win and i dont think gsp is scared of silva, lawler , hendricks or conor win or lose..for the right money most of these guys would fight anyone any size if they are compensated for the risk involved

GSP got out just in time. Most people think he lost his last fight. New banned substance standards. New talent shows you can't just be 1 dimensional anymore. Conor raised the level of what is expected of champions. Plus GSP dodged AS for years.

After your first sentence the whole post went wrong.

GSP was in more danger against Condit than he was against "70%" Hendricks. The people who believe (which makes it based on faith & not facts- therefor a religious opinion) GSP lost don't matter and even if there was credit to their belief it still wouldn't matter. The judges weren't wrong, it was a close fight but Hendricks didn't beat the champion, his best moments were attempting and at times being succesful in controlling Georges while not doing much in the way of attempting to inflict meaningful damage. See Hendricks losing vs Lawler in the rematch for the same reasons in a different and even more annoying manner.

GSP is one of the most efficient and well rounded MMArtist of all time. A position where he doesn't have 5 or more moves/sequences is one where he has 3 mastered. One dimensional? Nah, but he did transition to and from ranges in striking to grappling like it was all one phase as opposed to different aspects of MMA.

GSP never has popped for banned substances and never will. He was fighting for the strictest testing possible for YEARS. He wasn't eager to fight AS because at the time not one man in his right mind in the world should've been. He was dominating the best fighters his weight class had to offer, was raking in major views and money while doing it and taking pics with loads of chicks in hot tubs and shit. Why give all that up for a bigger paycheck than usual to just get toes in your mouth as you get knocked out and start to descend from glory?

Conor has only one strong dimension, striking, and GSP was the original PPV Mega Star that always showed up and remained a dominant force in the cage and when it came to bringing in numbers. What GSP means to Canadian fight fans is insane like what Conor means to the psuedo-Irish and Irish-Americans in USA (he's still not the most popular Irish professional athlete in Ireland according to natives/citizens and most likely never will be) He is the man who raised expectations of champions, Conor isn't. Conor hasn't defended the belt nor is he even close to having been champion long enough. Being scheduled to fight another champion and fighting another champion is two totally different things. Georges has experience with both.

Conor is just showing others that Chael isn't the only one that can do it and that there's other ways to come across as a cocky mouthy asshole. That's the only thing he's shown PPV wise and it's nothing new. Big Mouth? Possibly bigger PPV Draw and Points?...No shit.

I wouldn't believe you if you claim to have thought your post through, not that it matters: this is only Sherdog.

Last edited:
It sounds like a GSP vs Conor is imminent if Conor can beat RDA and GSP does come back. The money for GSP would be hard to turn down.

And my god GSP would tool him.

You must be fucking slow. You didn't address a single thing I said so I'm going to assume you're backtracking on your original comments.

You're right, GSP won't be a prospect (wtf??), he'd be returning as arguably the sport's greatest all time fighter. GSP is in the past? Condit just fought for the title and lost a close decision. The same Condit that GSP dominated via decision. The division is more exciting because St. Pierre isn't there to dominate. The welterweight champion is a guy who was pretty close to irrelevant 4 years ago. Wonderboy is now the flavour of the week. 33 year old striker with an unproven ground game. You must fall down a lot.

Back