im 99% confident if gsp comes back his first opponent...

What do you guys think? From reading online a bit seems like UFC 200 might not have the star power or sick matchups.

Weird time in MMA... Seems like Connor is the only real draw.

Nothing like when Andy, wandy, crocop came into the UFC. Fun times.
You know what is scary ?
UFC 100 doesn't even seem that long ago.....

Absolutely not. You think the UFC would want that fight to only go for 3 rounds? If it were held at UFC 200, unless they did something strange with the bout lineup, there would be at least one if not two title bouts headlining that card. GSP/Silva is a huge selling point on its own, it deserves its own card. If GSP fights anyone at UFC 200, it's Robbie Lawler.

GSP got out just in time. Most people think he lost his last fight. New banned substance standards. New talent shows you can't just be 1 dimensional anymore. Conor raised the level of what is expected of champions. Plus GSP dodged AS for years.

What the hell are you talking about.

GSP had made it more than clear that he will never fight Anderson for any amount of money unless it's at 170lbs. He has it in his mind that Anderson walks around at 230lbs and Georges says the most he can get up to is 190.

He's scared of the weight difference. I think if the fight actually happened, he would have no problem holding Anderson for 5 rounds. He just has no confidence for the fight to happen.

I think GSP's preferred $$ opponent list would look like this:

#1 Conor
#2 Anderson

GSP had made it more than clear that he will never fight Anderson for any amount of money unless it's at 170lbs. He has it in his mind that Anderson walks around at 230lbs and Georges says the most he can get up to is 190.

He's scared of the weight difference. I think if the fight actually happened, he would have no problem holding Anderson for 5 rounds. He just has no confidence for the fight to happen.

not trying to challenge u shinzo, im not japanese or a tanaka, but where have u read this, what is your reference point?? when did he ever make this clear?? i ve read tons of gsp and firas articles from mma media outlets and seen countless video interviews in my many many yrs following the sport and ive never heard gsp and /or firas ever say anything close to this...also is he was scared that was yrs ago when anderson was undefeated and and still thought to be this unbeatable wizard...even yrs ago i never read even a speculative article that said anything like this...this seems to be just be your opinion with no basis

by the way i only make predictions, using evidence and circumstances.,,and im damn good..but i agree with anyone who says they would prefer lawler vs gsp rather than anderson vs gsp; and that fight should have been made when gsp/silva were in their primes..agree 100%...i was just saying why i predict gsp lawler wont happen; NOT THAT I DONT want gsp lawler cuz i d love to see that , even more than gsp vs silva, i just think silva/gsp is the more probable booking for ufc 200 for the reasons i gave and their both past their primes to be reg champs again at 170 and 185 (gsp maybe could reign again at 155) in my opinion.i dont think gsp wants the 170 title anymore anyways cuz he d be in the way of his friends rory and wonderboy.. gsp and anderson have both sd recently that they are more interested in pursing big money superfights rather than regaining the title at this point in their careers (prob cuz their both old and cant beat prime age killers anymore at 170 and 185) ...who else can anderson fight for big money at 200 that would be relevant...vitor already turned down a rematch opp with silva, he shouldnt want to fight weidman again..what other big names are there to fight that anderson would be competitve against, hendo 2? romero? kennedy? none of those fights equal big $$$ or eyeballs for anderson

not trying to challenge u shinzo, im not japanese or a tanaka, but where have u read this, what is your reference point?? when did he ever make this clear?? i ve read tons of gsp and firas articles from mma media outlets and seen countless video interviews in my many many yrs following the sport and ive never heard gsp and /or firas ever say anything close to this...also is he was scared that was yrs ago when anderson was undefeated and and still thought to be this unbeatable wizard...even yrs ago i never read even a speculative article that said anything like this...this seems to be just be your opinion with no basis

He's mentioned over and over in interviews that he doesn't want to fight Anderson. In one interview he even went as far as to say that he feels that he could be permanantly injured in a fight against Anderson because of the size difference and he wouldn't risk that.

Here's a quote from Georges from 2015:

"He told me to fight in Montreal and he also texted me to see if I was interested in fighting Anderson Silva right before the thing (drug test results) came out. I said no. And my answer was negative. Then the whole thing came up and it was bad. A fight versus Anderson wouldn't interest me, Ed Soares said something in the media and then it make people talk."

He has said he would fight Anderson only if Anderson made 170lbs. He said he would possibly do a catch weight but he would have to spend a year putting on muscle but he doesn't want to do that because he couldn't drop back down to Welterweight after that.

The guy simply doesn't want to fight him.

Absolutely not. You think the UFC would want that fight to only go for 3 rounds? If it were held at UFC 200, unless they did something strange with the bout lineup, there would be at least one if not two title bouts headlining that card. GSP/Silva is a huge selling point on its own, it deserves its own card. If GSP fights anyone at UFC 200, it's Robbie Lawler.

why would it be a problem or a big deal to make anderson gsp 5 rds (an exception)? its ufc 200 for chriss sakes..u think fans or ppv buyers would care ?? no so then the ufc doesnt care either, whatever makes the ufc the most money they do...bending a non exsistent rule (there s no rule against having non title fight co headline be 5 rds) wouldnt be a problem...also i think gsp has enough power if he comes back to pick his opponent and ive given all reasons why he wont pick robbie..dont want to sound like a brokedn record...HE DOESNT WANT THE 170 TITLE ..HE SAID IT HIMSELF LOL

I think gsp is done and that fight has lost its pizazz over the years.

He's mentioned over and over in interviews that he doesn't want to fight Anderson. In one interview he even went as far as to say that he feels that he could be permanantly injured in a fight against Anderson because of the size difference and he wouldn't risk that.

Here's a quote from Georges from 2015:

"He told me to fight in Montreal and he also texted me to see if I was interested in fighting Anderson Silva right before the thing (drug test results) came out. I said no. And my answer was negative. Then the whole thing came up and it was bad. A fight versus Anderson wouldn't interest me, Ed Soares said something in the media and then it make people talk."

He has said he would fight Anderson only if Anderson made 170lbs. He said he would possibly do a catch weight but he would have to spend a year putting on muscle but he doesn't want to do that because he couldn't drop back down to Welterweight after that.

The guy simply doesn't want to fight him.

thanks for the response and intelligent debate...i believe u to an extent...now GSP has had the time off to put on the muscle necessary and do a catchweight fight as u mentioned..maybe that was part of his plan after johny roughed him up he knew he didnt want to fight the new wave beasts and possible ped abusers at 170 anymore and after the johny fight figured now is the time to do the anderson fight and take time off to prepare and then i dont have to fight johnny again, but thats being purely speculative on my part with no basis...my analysis is based on using process of elimination...GSP has also sd in very recent interviews what i sd earlier if he comes back it will be for superfights and he doesnt want to fight lawler and interfere /chase 170 title anymore...so if comes back who does he fight in a superfight if he wont fight anderson or lawler???

my whole point/prediction im sure gsp if he comes back is coming back specifically for ufc 200 , thats the ace in the hole they must have in case conor gets hurt...what other big name could gsp fight besides silva or lawer? maybe gsp has spent the 2 yrs off losing weight nor gaining weight for conor not anderson?...i dunno man, conor only recently got big...and thats a big IF to count on that fight for ufc 200 though cause rda can definately win and/or hurt conor enough to put him out of ufc 200 health wise so thats way too many varaibles to count on that,,,its SO MUCH EASIER for dana to count on anderson beating bisping and building off that for a ufc 200 superfight with gsp...SO GSP has sd he wont fight anderson, he wont fight lawler..he s got to be lying or changed mind about one or the other cause those are the only two fights for him at ufc 200 silva or lawler..its too early for conor right away...u have to build to something that epic...ONLY OTHER OPPONENT WILDCARD I COULD THINK OF BESIDES LAWLER OR ANDERSON would be hendricks gsp 2 at ufc 200 if johny could get cleared by then

I think this is a real possibility.
UFC: 200
Conor vs Lawler
Silva vs GSP

So GSP wouldn't take this fight back when he was still destroying everyone put in front of him, but he'll take it now that he's not fought in 2+ years, and has been very vocal about PED users since he's been gone, against Anderson, who failed a PED test in his last fight.

I mean, as a fan I would love to see it. As a rational person I just don't see how it gets put together.

I think this is a real possibility.
UFC: 200
Conor vs Lawler
Silva vs GSP

i really dont want to see conor at 170 and get beat up by lawler though....i dont see any good matchups for conor at 170 besides the small guys that just moved their like masvidal, cerrone and means...170 is too big a jump, even for majestic mac...who the hell would u bet conor against in the top 10 at 170? in my opinion no one...how can kanavaugh say he never wants to see connor cut to 145 again FOR HEALTH REASONS but he ll let him fight AT 170 AGAINST ROBBIE LAWLER LOL??!!! TALK ABOUT THE MOTHER OF ALL CONTRADICTIONS..fighting lawler at 170 will be way worse for his health and career than cutting all that weight again..robbie doesnt hit like a flyweight...and conor dont have the power to hurt robbie, he s fought melvin fing manhoef.. IF CONOR FIGHTS AT 170 this...

Definitely won't be the main event. A title fight has to headline. Plus if Anderson loses to Bisping (which is a big if) it won't exactly set the proper tone for that epic clash between GSP and Silva. That fight would have to be a five rounder and there has to be title fights at UFC 200 so I doubt it. If GSP does come back which I doubt, they might make GSP-Lawler for the main event at 200.

Should Conor get pounded by RDA next month and given that Ronda's out til November, I'd say a GSP comeback fight would be the UFC's most viable option for a headliner. Whether its against Silva is a whole different issue for Dana to deal with.

GSP would have won then...and he would win now

Back