im 99% confident if gsp comes back his first opponent...

i really dont want to see conor at 170 and get beat up by lawler though....i dont see any good matchups for conor at 170 besides the small guys that just moved their like masvidal, cerrone and means...170 is too big a jump, even for majestic mac...who the hell would u bet conor against in the top 10 at 170? in my opinion no one...how can kanavaugh say he never wants to see connor cut to 145 again FOR HEALTH REASONS but he ll let him fight AT 170 AGAINST ROBBIE LAWLER LOL??!!! TALK ABOUT THE MOTHER OF ALL CONTRADICTIONS..fighting lawler at 170 will be way worse for his health and career than cutting all that weight again..robbie doesnt hit like a flyweight...and conor dont have the power to hurt robbie, he s fought melvin fing manhoef.. IF CONOR FIGHTS AT 170 this...

I think Conor can beat Robbie, but he would lose to the majority of other WWs.
You're wrong about Conor not having the power to hurt Robbie. Power is only one of the variables when it comes to KO'ing your opponents. When you have enough power you could even say its the least important variable. Also Robbie is a lot slower than Conor as well.

I know Robbie is beloved on sherdog for his warrior spirit and his crazy fights so I might get a little bit of heat for this from sherdoggers but Robbie is the most overrated fighter on the roster right now. He's #4 on the P4P list, but hes not even the clear cut best WW in the division. He's on par with Hendricks and Condit, and yet they aren't on the P4P list. Wonderboy would beat Lawler as well.

Will be anderson silva at ufc 200..makes way too much sense, perfect fight at this stage of their careers for both fighters and still a money generated for the ufc now...with rousey guranteed to be out for ufc, the ufc is taking a big risk having conor fight in march against the killer that is rda cause imagine if he gets hurt during the rda fight and cant fight at ufc 200, u would have your two biggest stars out for the biggest event and ufc 200 would be without a worthy star headliner..i ve heard in rumors that the ufc are okay with the risk cuz they have something BIG saved and up their sleeve for ufc 200..this is the only thing i could think of that would be big enough as co main or main...they need this prepped in case they are without conor, its only smart business sense to have worst case scenario back up plan...GSP has said himself in interviews that if he came back he would not come back to chase the 170 belt again and would chase superfights/big fights at diff weight class and firas even mentioned perhaps cutting to 155 a long time ago (said he can make 155 fine and was always a small 170), so if we take gsp at his word the first superfight that makes perfect sense is Anderson silva..gsp has also said to have an eye on a big money fight with $$ conor (im sure only if he beats rda)

this is the fight they both wanted 5 yrs ago and i think the ufc thinks they can still sell it but it needs to happen asap while anderson is still relevant; before anderson too old to fight high level competition..even if andersons reputation is back somewhat with a victory over bisping, i dont expect anderson or the ufc is gonna be anxious for him to go title chasing at 40 and get beatdown by luke or chris right away (and they are already booked to fight each other anways)..this makes so much sense for anderson also cuz he only wants big names in non title fights...if gsp wants a big money $$ fight with conor it makes sense to fight anderson first ,at his walk around weight 185 then take a long time off if he wins and begin the process of adjusting his body to fight at 155.. this is a great comeback fight for gsp rather than fighting the terminator that is lawler right out the gate , that still draws big $$ without him having to interfere at 170 with rory and thompson, his buddies' title asparations...i dunno why evryone thinks he will comeback against lawler, that matchup would contradict what gsp has said he wants to do and ties him to 170 where im sure he doesnt want to fight wonderboy or rory or fight that often.

sorry this is long but any THOUGHTS?

Let me guess.

Your Shift key is broke, but you turned on Caps Lock for the final word of this long post?

Damn GSP vs. Anderson at 200 would be epic... but at what weight? Theres definitely going to be a title fight on the card and that would mean it takes the top slot.. so the UFC would have to have a one-time only 5 round non-title non-main event which is a bit confusing

They could still make Silva/GSP the main over a title fight. They put McG over Lawler and Lawler is the heavier fighter.

Silva isn't a big name anymore, so no.

I'd watch this.....
BUT, this fight should have happened when they were both champs. Similar situation to Mayweather v Pacman. Talked about for years and when they did eventually meet.....
I have lost the interest in this match up now.
GSP got out just in time. Most people think he lost his last fight. New banned substance standards. New talent shows you can't just be 1 dimensional anymore. Conor raised the level of what is expected of champions. Plus GSP dodged AS for years.
I love the way everyone claims GSP dodged Anderson.Did Anderson not dodge JBJ?

I love the way everyone claims GSP dodged Anderson.Did Anderson not dodge JBJ?
Nobody thought AS could beat JBJ.
For some reason a lot of GSP nuthugs thought he could beat AS and came up with millions of excuses he wouldn't fight him.

They could still make Silva/GSP the main over a title fight. They put McG over Lawler and Lawler is the heavier fighter.
Yeah I know but an Interim belt was on the line. Hard to say which title this would be for- I can't see GSP fighting for the MW belt and Anderson fighting for the WW belt is possible albeit unlikely

GSP got out just in time. Most people think he lost his last fight. New banned substance standards. New talent shows you can't just be 1 dimensional anymore. Conor raised the level of what is expected of champions. Plus GSP dodged AS for years.

Are you trying to say that GSP is one-dimensional? go back to bed casual

I just don't have any interest in this fight anymore. Superfights are only made when both guys are world beaters, IMO. GSP vs Robbie would be more interesting to me
I agree. 5 years ago when both guys were struggling to find opponents was the time to make the fight. Gsp wanted no part of him then, and I don't blame him. He saw what he was able to do to bj, and any mistake against Anderson could end the fight.

I'm 100% confident that this won't be the last "if GSP comes out of retirement" thread

Will be anderson silva at ufc 200..makes way too much sense, perfect fight at this stage of their careers for both fighters and still a money generated for the ufc now...with rousey guranteed to be out for ufc, the ufc is taking a big risk having conor fight in march against the killer that is rda cause imagine if he gets hurt during the rda fight and cant fight at ufc 200, u would have your two biggest stars out for the biggest event and ufc 200 would be without a worthy star headliner..i ve heard in rumors that the ufc are okay with the risk cuz they have something BIG saved and up their sleeve for ufc 200..this is the only thing i could think of that would be big enough as co main or main...they need this prepped in case they are without conor, its only smart business sense to have worst case scenario back up plan...GSP has said himself in interviews that if he came back he would not come back to chase the 170 belt again and would chase superfights/big fights at diff weight class and firas even mentioned perhaps cutting to 155 a long time ago (said he can make 155 fine and was always a small 170), so if we take gsp at his word the first superfight that makes perfect sense is Anderson silva..gsp has also said to have an eye on a big money fight with $$ conor (im sure only if he beats rda)

this is the fight they both wanted 5 yrs ago and i think the ufc thinks they can still sell it but it needs to happen asap while anderson is still relevant; before anderson too old to fight high level competition..even if andersons reputation is back somewhat with a victory over bisping, i dont expect anderson or the ufc is gonna be anxious for him to go title chasing at 40 and get beatdown by luke or chris right away (and they are already booked to fight each other anways)..this makes so much sense for anderson also cuz he only wants big names in non title fights...if gsp wants a big money $$ fight with conor it makes sense to fight anderson first ,at his walk around weight 185 then take a long time off if he wins and begin the process of adjusting his body to fight at 155.. this is a great comeback fight for gsp rather than fighting the terminator that is lawler right out the gate , that still draws big $$ without him having to interfere at 170 with rory and thompson, his buddies' title asparations...i dunno why evryone thinks he will comeback against lawler, that matchup would contradict what gsp has said he wants to do and ties him to 170 where im sure he doesnt want to fight wonderboy or rory or fight that often.

sorry this is long but any THOUGHTS?
eb9.jpg

i love the grammar trolls who critize my grammar and then write one sentence or post a picture...its too bad those who are so good at correcting and criticizing others cant come up with anything insightful and interesting to write themselves thats longer than a few words..this got three pages of response from a white belt post , so at least i have a topic or something semi interesting to say that people want to respond to, rather than being a troll who just wants to critique others rather than writing something new themselves..its so funny, nobody gives a f*** about your grammar skills, this is an mma forum, non proof reading grammar forum..trolls gonna troll

I think Conor can beat Robbie, but he would lose to the majority of other WWs.
You're wrong about Conor not having the power to hurt Robbie. Power is only one of the variables when it comes to KO'ing your opponents. When you have enough power you could even say its the least important variable. Also Robbie is a lot slower than Conor as well.

I know Robbie is beloved on sherdog for his warrior spirit and his crazy fights so I might get a little bit of heat for this from sherdoggers but Robbie is the most overrated fighter on the roster right now. He's #4 on the P4P list, but hes not even the clear cut best WW in the division. He's on par with Hendricks and Condit, and yet they aren't on the P4P list. Wonderboy would beat Lawler as well.

not trying to souind like a dick but...i ve heard this before and makes me think people are taking crazy pillsi think robbie is a lil overrated to and thompson would beat him clearly, but he s loved cuz of the rockem sock em style and heart he fights with..but yeah skill wise overrated and conor has more skill/speed...BUT lets be real at some point ladder SIZE DOES MATTER...robbie prob weighs 200-210 pounds + when he s not fighting and conor prob weighs 170-175 non fight walk around...SO YOUR TELLING ME THEN THAT 30 pounds of muscle /weight difference is not going to affect conor s ability to hurt or not his opponent with a punch??!! CONOR CAN KO ROBBIE WHEN MELVIN MANHOEF OR CARLOS CONDIT COULDDNT WITH FLUSH SHOTS, EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE BOTH 20 TO PUNDS HEAVIER ..THATS NUTS .. thats like saying because manny pacquiao is more skilled he can knock out or even hurt gennady golvkin when he s been punched by way bigger more powerful punchers and not been hurt???!! that makes no sense.. people are getting F ing delusional about connor ..these are the best fighters in the world , weight classes exist for a reason...

and i misspelled words and messed up grammar in the post as usual..im not gonna waste time proofreading i already waste too much time on the posts..rip me...i dont give a s*** lol

UFC doesn't seem too worried about the UFC 200 card so I fully expect that gsp is involved

Back