im 99% confident if gsp comes back his first opponent...

That would be the one card I actually buy for the year.

GSP got out just in time. Most people think he lost his last fight. New banned substance standards. New talent shows you can't just be 1 dimensional anymore. Conor raised the level of what is expected of champions. Plus GSP dodged AS for years.
100% troll post.

lol at suggesting GSP was a 1 dimensional fighter and Conor sets the standards for non one dimensional over GSP.

And Anderson dodged GSP for just as many years telling the media and everyone who asked he was not interested in a fight with GSP. He only changed that view as he was nearing retirement and looking for a few big legacy payday fights around the time GSP was scheduled to fight Shields. But prior for almost all of his championship run Anderson made it clear he had no interest in a fight with GSP so the idea GSP dodged someone who did not want to fight him either is laughable.

GSP had made it more than clear that he will never fight Anderson for any amount of money unless it's at 170lbs. He has it in his mind that Anderson walks around at 230lbs and Georges says the most he can get up to is 190.

He's scared of the weight difference. I think if the fight actually happened, he would have no problem holding Anderson for 5 rounds. He just has no confidence for the fight to happen.
And to be fair Anderson made it clear that he would not fight unless it was above 170lbs despite his team saying he could make 170lbs.

And for the record there was a point when Anderson was walking around between 225-230lbs so that is fact, not that it matters.

The new Hendricks seems to be ripe for the taking right now. I feel that's the fight GSP would take at 200.

Maia, Conor and Lawler title shot all sound like options as well.

He's mentioned over and over in interviews that he doesn't want to fight Anderson. In one interview he even went as far as to say that he feels that he could be permanantly injured in a fight against Anderson because of the size difference and he wouldn't risk that.

Here's a quote from Georges from 2015:

"He told me to fight in Montreal and he also texted me to see if I was interested in fighting Anderson Silva right before the thing (drug test results) came out. I said no. And my answer was negative. Then the whole thing came up and it was bad. A fight versus Anderson wouldn't interest me, Ed Soares said something in the media and then it make people talk."

He has said he would fight Anderson only if Anderson made 170lbs. He said he would possibly do a catch weight but he would have to spend a year putting on muscle but he doesn't want to do that because he couldn't drop back down to Welterweight after that.

The guy simply doesn't want to fight him.
And you think Anderson wanted it anymore?

Anderson played more games with this topic then anyone else while never really make a true effort to make the fight happen.

There are numerous articles like this one where Anderson states to the press and UFC he does not want to fight GSP.

SORRY DANA, ANDERSON SILVA DOESN’T WANT TO FIGHT GSP

There are articles where Anderson states he will move to WW to fight GSP which is great considering he was the one calling him out. But Anderson proved he was not willing to back up that talk.

Anderson Silva Would Move to Welterweight to Challenge Georges St-Pierre

And there are numerous articles where Anderson makes it clear that if a GSP fight is to happen it must be GSP moving to MW.

Anderson Silva to GSP, Shogun: 'Come Fight Me in My Division'

So with all that, how you act like it was GSP who was the one not making this fight happen shows a clear bias and distortion of what was reality.

Fact is they are both guilty of not doing what it took to make the fight happen.

thanks for the response and intelligent debate...i believe u to an extent...now GSP has had the time off to put on the muscle necessary and do a catchweight fight as u mentioned..maybe that was part of his plan after johny roughed him up he knew he didnt want to fight the new wave beasts and possible ped abusers at 170 anymore and after the johny fight figured now is the time to do the anderson fight and take time off to prepare and then i dont have to fight johnny again, but thats being purely speculative on my part with no basis...my analysis is based on using process of elimination...GSP has also sd in very recent interviews what i sd earlier if he comes back it will be for superfights and he doesnt want to fight lawler and interfere /chase 170 title anymore...so if comes back who does he fight in a superfight if he wont fight anderson or lawler???
Don't believe him. Read above.

I love the way everyone claims GSP dodged Anderson.Did Anderson not dodge JBJ?
If it is fair to say GSP dodged Anderson then it is certainly clear that Anderson dodged JBJ and GSP as well.

Nobody thought AS could beat JBJ.
For some reason a lot of GSP nuthugs thought he could beat AS and came up with millions of excuses he wouldn't fight him.
The same Anderson nuthuggers who tried to say GSP was ducking Anderson would argue Anderson could beat Jones and was not ducking him.

not trying to souind like a dick but...i ve heard this before and makes me think people are taking crazy pillsi think robbie is a lil overrated to and thompson would beat him clearly, but he s loved cuz of the rockem sock em style and heart he fights with..but yeah skill wise overrated and conor has more skill/speed...BUT lets be real at some point ladder SIZE DOES MATTER...robbie prob weighs 200-210 pounds + when he s not fighting and conor prob weighs 170-175 non fight walk around...SO YOUR TELLING ME THEN THAT 30 pounds of muscle /weight difference is not going to affect conor s ability to hurt or not his opponent with a punch??!! CONOR CAN KO ROBBIE WHEN MELVIN MANHOEF OR CARLOS CONDIT COULDDNT WITH FLUSH SHOTS, EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE BOTH 20 TO PUNDS HEAVIER ..THATS NUTS .. thats like saying because manny pacquiao is more skilled he can knock out or even hurt gennady golvkin when he s been punched by way bigger more powerful punchers and not been hurt???!! that makes no sense.. people are getting F ing delusional about connor ..these are the best fighters in the world , weight classes exist for a reason...

Agreed, size does matter. But honestly I think Conor is a LW, a big LW at that. When he was cutting to 145, that was like when Rumble was cutting to 170. Conor is bigger than BJ and BJ KO'd matt hughes who has a bigger size advantage than robbie compared to McGregor. Power isn't everything, but even then Conor still does have power. Wonderboy TKO'd Hendricks in 1 round, while Robbie couldn't do it in 10 rounds. Nick Diaz KO'd Robbie with a short punch that had nothing behind it except for accuracy and timing. Power isn't everything.

Damn GSP vs. Anderson at 200 would be epic... but at what weight? Theres definitely going to be a title fight on the card and that would mean it takes the top slot.. so the UFC would have to have a one-time only 5 round non-title non-main event which is a bit confusing

That is a good point (the rounds).
I can't see them having a GSP/Silva fight for only 3 rds.
Maybe they save it?

No way in hell that fight is on 200. Conor and the ufc are not about to give any of that undeserved ppv money.

Will be anderson silva at ufc 200..makes way too much sense, perfect fight at this stage of their careers for both fighters and still a money generated for the ufc now...with rousey guranteed to be out for ufc, the ufc is taking a big risk having conor fight in march against the killer that is rda cause imagine if he gets hurt during the rda fight and cant fight at ufc 200, u would have your two biggest stars out for the biggest event and ufc 200 would be without a worthy star headliner..i ve heard in rumors that the ufc are okay with the risk cuz they have something BIG saved and up their sleeve for ufc 200..this is the only thing i could think of that would be big enough as co main or main...they need this prepped in case they are without conor, its only smart business sense to have worst case scenario back up plan...GSP has said himself in interviews that if he came back he would not come back to chase the 170 belt again and would chase superfights/big fights at diff weight class and firas even mentioned perhaps cutting to 155 a long time ago (said he can make 155 fine and was always a small 170), so if we take gsp at his word the first superfight that makes perfect sense is Anderson silva..gsp has also said to have an eye on a big money fight with $$ conor (im sure only if he beats rda)

this is the fight they both wanted 5 yrs ago and i think the ufc thinks they can still sell it but it needs to happen asap while anderson is still relevant; before anderson too old to fight high level competition..even if andersons reputation is back somewhat with a victory over bisping, i dont expect anderson or the ufc is gonna be anxious for him to go title chasing at 40 and get beatdown by luke or chris right away (and they are already booked to fight each other anways)..this makes so much sense for anderson also cuz he only wants big names in non title fights...if gsp wants a big money $$ fight with conor it makes sense to fight anderson first ,at his walk around weight 185 then take a long time off if he wins and begin the process of adjusting his body to fight at 155.. this is a great comeback fight for gsp rather than fighting the terminator that is lawler right out the gate , that still draws big $$ without him having to interfere at 170 with rory and thompson, his buddies' title asparations...i dunno why evryone thinks he will comeback against lawler, that matchup would contradict what gsp has said he wants to do and ties him to 170 where im sure he doesnt want to fight wonderboy or rory or fight that often.

sorry this is long but any THOUGHTS?

Agreed, size does matter. But honestly I think Conor is a LW, a big LW at that. When he was cutting to 145, that was like when Rumble was cutting to 170. Conor is bigger than BJ and BJ KO'd matt hughes who has a bigger size advantage than robbie compared to McGregor. Power isn't everything, but even then Conor still does have power. Wonderboy TKO'd Hendricks in 1 round, while Robbie couldn't do it in 10 rounds. Nick Diaz KO'd Robbie with a short punch that had nothing behind it except for accuracy and timing. Power isn't everything.

good points ..conor has power but i dont think translates that high up (to 170) ..But im also talking chin not just power and hughes has been ko d a few times before and after he ever fought bj...matt s never been known for an iron chin like robbie and he s not a striker..completely diff type of matchup ...bj subbed him after he rocked in the first fight then ko d him in the rematch..my thought process behind my statements is robbie is well known for having iron chin though, he s fought guys way bigger, he fought at 185 remember? conor will be the smallest guy he s fought prob since 1999...and lawler by far the biggest(not tallest but thickest) guy conor has fought...155 is reasonable/good for conor and i agree with you that he should be fighting at 155 not 145...but 170...no one fights at their walk around anymore except HW s , not frankie and even aj cuts to 205...conor cannot beat guys naturally 25-35 pounds heavier than him sorry..i get your point with bj but that happened cause styles make fights and bj knew he had better power (despite size disparity) and technique in the standup and better jiu jitsu on the floor that was a terrible matchup at the time for hughes and i think thats why bj moved and was confident to do so...WHAT ABOUT WHEN HE MOVED UP TO FIGHT GSP?! compeletely different story cause of the style matchup...if robbie was a good style matchup for conor, like lets say a jiu jitsu guy with bad td s and a weak chin sure, id give him a shot but its striker vs striker...

u think conor can take a flush shot from robbie??? even one? ... he s never been hit that hard in his carere or even close...whereas robbie s been hit much harder than conor hits many many times flush...if robbie showed a fading chin a la liddell, anderson or wandy recently; then conor definatley has a shot , but its been quite the opposite robbie s shown nothing but an ironcast jaw since he s been back...diaz ko was a long long time ago man...u cant bring up a flash ko from 1999 as an example, they were both novices then..lawler has not been tko/ko d since ..bring upTHOMPSON? HE HAS GREAT TECHNIQUE BUT PEOPLE FORGET HE ALSO HAS GOOD POWER TOO...way more power than conor mainly cause he s way bigger than conor ...he TKO D jonhhy in one rather than 10 cuz of his accuracy and speed is above robbie s with power thats close to robbie s if not equal.. and for all we know maybe johnny was on something for the robbie fights that he couldnt take for wonderboy cuz of wada...he did look small

if conor was like/fought like floyd then maybe he could beat lawler by dancing , pt scoring using speed and avoiding a big shot, but conor has shown to be hittable and has taken flush shots in most of his level ufc fights...he doesnt have good enough defense to go 5 with robbie, he ll get hit flush for sure at some point and robbie HITS WAY HARDER THAN JOSE OR CHAD,,,he doesnt hit like a flyweight,,he s prob gonna weigh at least 190 fight night for chriss sakes and hits as hard if not harder than anyone at 170 let alone 155...robbie can box too its not like he s diego or leonard garcia, he s got skill too..picking conor against robbie is like picking manny pacquiao gainst gennady golovkin or picking stephen thompson against anthony johnson..at some point up the ladder size difference becomes too much for even the fastest, most techinical fighter...thats why jose aldo cant beat robbie either..even though he s faster and has better technique than robbie,...its just conor has the world and himself starting to believe he s better than the laws of nature basically..its to be expected when ur able to call your shot correctly that many times, people think ur a god..i get it, he awesome but not that awesome...he can rule 145 and potentially 155 but not 170...thats scarface shit push it to the limit tony montoya thinking he s invincible and can beat the bigger army at the end...he ll get chin checked to reality by robbie and hope it doesnt ruin his chin forever cuz it could like cro cop destroyed wandy s chin forever...other exmaples of why not to fight guys too big for u is in pride....examples are plenty of higher skilled guys losing to bigger opponents they should not have been fighting

WANDY GOT HIS CHIN RUINED FROM CROCOP AND HUNT

SAKURABA chin GOT RUINED BY MANY GUYS HE WAS BETTER THAN technique wise...CROCOP, WANDY, IGOR, ETC, FOUGHT WAY TOO MANY BIG GUYS

NINJA RUA chin GOT RUINED FIGHTING SERGEY KHRANTONOV

ALL GREAT fighters at the time that fought guys of reasonably similar skill level that were too big of them and suffered

If he comes back, which I highly doubt, he should rematch Hendricks. If anything, for a little closure.

after the takedown gsp couldnt realy do much.i couldnt see him taking silva punches 5 rounds

i love the grammar trolls who critize my grammar and then write one sentence or post a picture...its too bad those who are so good at correcting and criticizing others cant come up with anything insightful and interesting to write themselves thats longer than a few words..this got three pages of response from a white belt post , so at least i have a topic or something semi interesting to say that people want to respond to, rather than being a troll who just wants to critique others rather than writing something new themselves..its so funny, nobody gives a f*** about your grammar skills, this is an mma forum, non proof reading grammar forum..trolls gonna troll

I can tell you're new to sherdog (without looking at your join date). It becomes funny once you understand all the different types of sherdoggers :D
Its better you just type properly or else you'll get that on here all the time LOL.

based on my past experience with dana and his "big announements" i bet holly vs cyborg passes as a big announcement and wouldn't be shocked if it is something even less interesting

Damn GSP vs. Anderson at 200 would be epic... but at what weight? Theres definitely going to be a title fight on the card and that would mean it takes the top slot.. so the UFC would have to have a one-time only 5 round non-title non-main event which is a bit confusing
if it is a demetrious johnson title fight or a JJ fight or a holm fight as the title match in my opinion GSP-Silva is still the main event even though it is a non title fight (if it were to happen)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back