Social Illegal tap into pipeline kills nearly a hundred people in Mexico

When moral gets skewed, as they were not looting the gasoline was going to waste, society corrupts and becomes a mess. Its what we have in most of South America. Sad to see people die but hopefully they learned from their mistake.

I'm strangely unphased by the video. It has some, uh, unique elements though.
I can't help but think that in 1st world countries, people would be running *away* if there was volatile explosive fuel spewing out of control.

yell gas leak in an office and ill bet everyone gets out in a hurry

Then dont, its not like people dont know that gas is highly flammabe, there were army people trying to close down the area but people decided to overpower them as a mob.

If the army had repelled them, these people would be tearing their clothes crying about a military repression.

Soo...

200.gif

Damn, this post just made me laugh at a bunch of people that got turned into fleeing fireballs.....my cognitive dissonance is maxed out right now.

Obviously they knew the risks involved, but that whole incident still sucks and was pretty hard to watch.

I read about this on Reddit this practice is a normal thing driven by cartels. Some gas stations get almost all of their gas from this. Apparently the government cracked down on it at one point and it caused a gas shotage crisis.

I've seen at least two people in this thread blaming this tragic incident on a lack of education. Seriously, how educated do you have to be to know that it's a bad idea to have any kind of spark/flame near a highly combustible fuel source? This is the result of stupidity, not ignorance.

I read about this on Reddit this practice is a normal thing driven by cartels. Some gas stations get almost all of their gas from this. Apparently the government cracked down on it at one point and it caused a gas shotage crisis.

not only is it driven by cartels but the cartels actually dont want to kill themselves doing it either so they hire/bribe people that know what they are doing to tap the lines properly and pay very well for it

yell gas leak in an office and ill bet everyone gets out in a hurry
Fuel leak and gas leak were two different things.
One is airborne, the other a stable liquid.

Lack of education is not an excuse for not realizing the flammable nature of gasoline. I can understand their wanting to take the risk, but they probably should've remind idiots not to smoke near it

I've seen at least two people in this thread blaming this tragic incident on a lack of education. Seriously, how educated do you have to be to know that it's a bad idea to have any kind of spark/flame near a highly combustible fuel source? This is the result of stupidity, not ignorance.

I said lack of education but what I was saying is people who thought they were far enough away weren’t because as the gasoline sat there, spreading like water and evaporated during the day, night fell cooling down the area causing the vapor to concentrate on the ground. You’d need to have a higher than middle school science background to even begin to understand this.

Remember liquid gasoline cannot combust.

I said lack of education but what I was saying is people who thought they were far enough away weren’t because as the gasoline sat there, spreading like water and evaporated during the day, night fell cooling down the area causing the vapor to concentrate on the ground. You’d need to have a higher than middle school science background to even begin to understand this.

Remember liquid gasoline cannot combust.
Fumes, man. Fumes.

Fumes, man. Fumes.

That’s what I’m saying here. As night fell and it got colder, areas that may had send safe now weren’t due to gasoline vapors condensing and staying close to the ground and spreading

That’s what I’m saying here. As night fell and it got colder, areas that may had send safe now weren’t due to gasoline vapors condensing and staying close to the ground and spreading
That's a lot of gas. They knew a lot of gas was spilled. You can't tell me that cold air is going to erase the odor of that much gas and erase knowledge of the spill.

That's a lot of gas. They knew a lot of gas was spilled. You can't tell me that cold air is going to erase the odor of that much gas and erase knowledge of the spill.

If you are around it long enough you’ll go nose blind.

Apparently this is how it started

Is that gasoline spewing out? If so, Holy shit. There's no level of desperation or poverty that could justify being stupid enough to get in a geyser of gasoline like Homer Simpson dancing in a geyser of beer.

qem6RI.gif

Well when you get pissy like “sorry but I don’t really care tbh” and “I guess they won’t starve to death” it just shows how little value is put on life of people south of the border.
I don’t think it has anything to with it being people “south of the border.” It’s more of a “play stupid games, win stupid prizes” thing. I think most people’s reaction to people hanging around a geyser of gasoline is “what did you expect to happen?!” It doesn’t matter if they’re poor and brown.

Back