Media Ilia Topuria: "Fighting Brian Ortega Makes MORE Sense, Max Can WAIT w/o BMF Belt"

Sure put the BMF belt on the line. Who gives a shit. We’re taking about a division championship. Nothing stopping you from fighting Max. Lol at suggesting Ortega is next.

Topuria already triggering everyone cause he beat Sherdog darling Volkanovski

<JonesLaugh>

Y'all crybabies are so cute, the bias couldn't be more obvious.

Volk is one of my favourite fighters and humans in the UFC and I too would've rather seen him won, but Topuria is an animal and I like his fights a helluva lot too. So much crying going on cause people can't enjoy both. Let him rile other fighters up a bit, it's part of the game.

I don’t need to see OrtegaBro in another title shot

If he goes with Ortega his stock will drop significantly and I think he becomes a fighter everyone starts to mock because he would be ducking Max. Not a good look if he does this.

Bro. You need to be fighting the #1 or #2 contender.

As a new champ you dont get to choose shit. I hope Dana and hunter give him a reality check
I’m pretty sure they will talk to him. A fight of him vs max would be huge. Dana and Hunter know that, they aren’t stupid. I’m sure it will happen in the next year if I’d have to guess.

Topuria vs Holloway in Madrid, Spain at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium. It will be like Rocky vs Drago where the fans turn on Topuria for acting like a diva.

All of this crap just to get a potential Conor red panty fight down the line?
<{clintugh}>

Are simpletons really trying to treat the BMF belt as anything other than a gimmick
Yes, and his name is Ilia Topuria

Why is Ilia the one who is being called the Duck? How about Max stops being a princess and put the BMF belt on the line. Is he afraid to lose his tiara when Ilia dismantles him?
Why will he not put the BMF belt on the line?

... if Max is too scared to lose his jewelry than he does not deserve the fight.
Where are you coming up with this fantasy?

How exactly is Max being a princess? What did he do or say?

r/ufc - Ilia Topuria isn't scared...'t scared...

Only one person is scared of taking this fight.

I dont normally say this but he's shook.

1. Topuria makes announcements about the BMF belt after Holloway wins. - Question: If the BMF belt is given for other purposes, why is UFC silent on Topuria's statements? - This proves that what Topuria says is possible.

..What? You maybe wanna take another shot at that one?

2. Topuria's goal, by what logic should not be a BMF belt? "Would any of you say no to that? Isn't a double benefit better than just defending the belt?" - It's clear that we all love Holloway, but there's a bit of bias and, in addition, distrust of Topuria.
Cuz it doesn't actually give him more money? It's an accolade, but not one that really enhances the win you'd need to already get it.

No one is surprised by fighters trying to do what's best for them, but this is hardly even a calculable benefit, let a double one. Certainly not enough of a one to turn down the fight just cuz he doesn't get it

3. If "Dustin Poirier" was given to Islam Makhachev, why can't Topuria defend the belt compared to "Ortega" with less risk? earn extra money, with less risk than it would have been with "Holloway"... If others make career defenses against sometimes lower weight fighters, doesn't Topuria have the right to have his first belt defense against a relatively easy opponent?
Because Arman turned down Islam, as opposed to Ilia turning down Volk AND Max. The reason Dustin is getting a shot is purely because a date is being put together that the real contender wasn't prepared for. Ortega getting the shot when the top contender is good to go is not even close to the same thing. And I don't even get the second part of your point cuz it feels like a shot at Islam, but that was very clearly stated to be a reward for Volk, not Islam.

4. Topuria will certainly meet Max, either now or at most in the defense of the second belt. You haven't seen his wrestling yet, it's Makhachev's or Khabib's level of wrestling, if not more. You will see all this yourself. He controls his opponent's legs like Khabib did and then slowly puts the opponent under pressure. You haven't seen Topuria's power in this component yet, he is a heavy wrestler, you can't escape easily if he takes you to the parterre. I have one soul when I see him against Yevloev so that you all can see how Yevloev will lose with his own advantage.
Yeah, I'm sure Ilia is better than Khabib. What was that you were saying before about "a little bit of bias for Holloway?"

Wish I could pick up apart the rest of that point, but the English just crashed and burned

I mean, the UFC is the one that decides if the BMF is on the line, not Max, I don't get how these guys work in the UFC but don't seem to know how it works.
I think you’re onto something here! I also think most fighters aren’t failed rocket scientists that picked up fighting after NASA let them go either!

Btw if we're talking anything official, the BMF belt CANNOT BE DEFENDED. It is not a real belt and only the ufc decides when to put it 'up for grabs' so therefore, Holloway cannot bargain with the bmf belt

What IS REAL, is topuria has the featherweight belt, is obligated to defend against the top contenders, and cannot simply choose to avoid holloway. If he goes after Ortega, he could receive really bad consequences with the ufc

I dont normally say this but he's shook.

100%. He was talking about the division being done because he beat Volk and now has realised Volk was just that damn good before that short notice Islam fight.
Max with 5 round cardio AND power is scary. Ilia has Emmet, Bryce and Volk on his resume only. There is a whole division of killers for him to fight and Max is at the top of that list again after 300. I don't understand why you wouldn't be calling for him unless you were scared you couldn't do it. Volk and Max back to back would be amazing on a resume. Ortega isn't a former champ and is 1-1 with Yair after looking terrible in the first round. We can all see why he wants Ortega vs Max who has only lost to Volk and beaten nearly every other possible contender.

Topuria vs Holloway in Madrid, Spain at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium. It will be like Rocky vs Drago where the fans turn on Topuria for acting like a diva.
Screw waiting for another year or two for that to happen. Ilia needs to get a defence in soon or we won't see more than one this year. A card being built around a champ should happen after a defence or two atleast.

Back