Ilia Topuria’s huge weakness

Topuria was getting busted by Jai fucking Herbert and lost a round to the great Youseef Zalal. Let's calm the fuck down.
We really holding dropping a round in his UFC debut against him? Jai Herbert also has decent power and striking. He just can't keep it together.

Just my opinion, but I think a lot of people are high on Ilia and for good reason. But I think they need to calm down a bit. Volk isn’t emmet or Mitchell. This is going to be a much different fight for him. It won’t be a boxing match. It won’t be a wrestling/grappling match. Volk mixes in all the mma elements while being elusive and continuously adjusting his fighting methods during the fight. His team is also some of the best game planners in mma. This isn’t going to be them standing in front of each other like rock em sock em robots. Volk will be a puzzle ilia will have to figure out. Yes ilia has a punchers chance to land a power shot he is capable of that, but if that is what he or fans are counting on as what his method to victory is, volk isn’t the right opponent that will fall to that most likely. It could happen, but probably won’t. He more or less will have to find other methods to win and will have to solve the puzzle.

Leg kicks.
I’ve watched several of his fights and the guy has no answer for it.
He looks so confused when his opponent lands it and seems to just hope they don’t throw it again. Even Josh Emmett and Bryce Mitchell of all people landed a ton of leg kicks on Topuria and he had 0 answers for it.

Topuria is obsessed with Canelo and boxing so much the guy forgets that this is MMA. He sits on his lead foot so heavily that it’s bound to be exploited.

He does kick a good bit himself, but has no idea how to block one, because of his boxer’s stance.

Seems like something that will be exploited by Volk, if he isn’t too shopworn now.
Been saying this. Never seen him check one or counter off of taking one and haven't seen him switch stances. Dude is heavy on his lead leg and a lot of his striking defense is based on leg work. Once that's gone he's getting pieced up.

If illia can't take down volk consistently, then I dont think he wins the fight.

People point to volks decent ground defence against Islam, but illia is also an undersized stocky build so it might actually be easier for him in the grappling. Less awkward at least.

Looking forward to this fight. It could be the changing of the guard. Lets see if Islam took his chin or not.

Who cares about leg kick if u get beat shit out of u lol :d and if u kick topurias legs he will kick u back even harder as he did against mitchel and emmett

Broken nose perhaps? It’s right there for the taking! Jk

Topuria was getting busted by Jai fucking Herbert and lost a round to the great Youseef Zalal. Let's calm the fuck down.
I think it's safe to assume that Topuria has gotten exponentially better since those fights. He's still undefeated after all.

I think Volk will figure out Topuria's timing, beat him to his combinations and get it done.

It's gonna be such an awesome fight. Kind of feel like it should be happening in March instead of next week. But Volk's ready to go!

People are sleeping on Volk's boxing, badly. After training for so many fights with Max his boxing is very high level. It showed in his fight with TKZ and in Max III.

Ilia loves to pressure and cut the cage but he doesn't not have educated footwork like Volk. Volk will be elusive, chop his legs and work his hands to a decision or TKO imo.

Leg kicks.
I’ve watched several of his fights and the guy has no answer for it.
He looks so confused when his opponent lands it and seems to just hope they don’t throw it again. Even Josh Emmett and Bryce Mitchell of all people landed a ton of leg kicks on Topuria and he had 0 answers for it.

Topuria is obsessed with Canelo and boxing so much the guy forgets that this is MMA. He sits on his lead foot so heavily that it’s bound to be exploited.

He does kick a good bit himself, but has no idea how to block one, because of his boxer’s stance.

Seems like something that will be exploited by Volk, if he isn’t too shopworn now.

His thin, fragile face is his biggest weakness.

His second-biggest weakness are his stiff, telegraphed punches.

Volk is thicker, tougher, more fluid in his punches.

Volk has some of the best leg kicks in the sport, the only guy I'd put above him there is Pereira. I imagine this will be a huge part of his game plan and offense, especially early while Ilia is fresh. He's really heavy on that lead leg. I mean the first time he fought Max he pretty much just beat him with leg kicks.

There will be a ton of disappointed people when Volk easily cruises past Topuria. It's become fashionable in the past year to proclaim Topuria as the man to dethrone Volk, but I don't see it (unless Volk's chin was cracked by Islam's shin).

I expect Topuria to be champion at some point, but he's still pretty inexperienced. The best wins on his resume were against Emmett and Bryce, both of whom are very rudimentary on the feet. Volk's striking is far more nuanced. Topuria obviously has a puncher's chance, but outside of that, I don't think he offers much resistance to Volk.
Agreed, I just don't see it.

One thing many overlook is that full camp Volk is a monster, he was severely out of shape against Islam on like 8 days notice, look at him now whilst in camp, he looks like that same monster that took Islam to life and death in their 5 round war.

I think Volk gets this done and will surprise many when he makes it look as easy as the Yair fight.

Volk mixes in a lot of non-commital low kicks and stuff to scramble guys’ brains a bit. I think Ilia’s stance will allow Volk to make him process lots of input instead of Volk committing to putting more power in the kicks which could create openings to be countered since Ilia has good hands

Back