IGN's Top 100 games of this Generation.

Hyperglide

Tell Apathy
@Gold
Reaction score
Do you agree with the list?

#100. Skate 2
#99. Viva Pi

Same here but they are a pretty popular gaming website, so I figured it would be up for debate. I just wanted to see opinions from some of you guys on what they left off that seemed like glaring omissions or if you think they got the order right or put on some surprising titles that you didn't expect to be there?

It also looks like they didn't bother with PC either. Some games missing like Civilization V, ARMA, DayZ, CS: GO, Diablo III just to name a few which could have or at least would've been considered on the list.

Super Mario Galaxy was my least favorite Mario honestly. I hated all the little planets and insane rotating camera angles. Damn game gave me motion sickness.

I don't agree with it, hardly a shocking revelation.

Wonder how much Nintendo had to pay IGN for that.

It also looks like they didn't bother with PC either. Some games missing like Civilization V, ARMA, DayZ, CS: GO, Diablo III just to name a few which could have or at least would've been considered on the list.

I suppose that PC doesn't technically have generations.

ME/ME2 below Skyrim and FO3?

6a00d83451b8c369e201310f7981f3970c-800wi.gif

Mass Effect 2 should be higher on the list. I liked Skyrim but I would take it out of the Top 5.

Surprised to see Saints Row: The Third in the 70s.

Wait, unless i missed it they have the painfully average Saints Row the Third on there (76), and not the best game of that series on the list at all? Saints Row II.....wtf

This doesn't make sense. Up until like two years ago ME2 was consistently appearing at the top spot on IGN's best games of the generation lists. How does it go from #1 to #12 in this list?

Wait, unless i missed it they have the painfully average Saints Row the Third on there (76), and not the best game of that series on the list at all? Saints Row II.....wtf

It's best of the generation... SR2 was PS2-Xbox generation... was it not?

All I can think of when I see a reference to IGN;

215507367_ssj2W-L-2.jpg

Hyperglide, ME3 shot themselves in the foot with the shit ending...most will always consider ME3 the worse of the series just because of the end...

awful list, as always. there never has and never will be a good list like this

They could have ended ME3 with a Rickroll and it still would've easily been one of the top 100 games of that generation.

Hyperglide, ME3 shot themselves in the foot with the shit ending...most will always consider ME3 the worse of the series just because of the end...

Sorry but I have to disagree. Just because you thought the ending sucked, doesn't mean it's not deserving of the top 100. Also an ending doesn't make the game. The MP was amazing on it and the extra content and core game is the best of the series.

Sorry but I have to disagree. Just because you thought the ending sucked, doesn't mean it's not deserving of the top 100. Also an ending doesn't make the game. The MP was amazing on it and the extra content and core game is the best of the series.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great game...most reviews for it were high also...but what does everyone bring up when mentioning ME3? The ending...they pretty much admitted they fucked up the ending by releasing a dlc that made the ending more fan friendly...is ME3 a top 100 type of game? Sure...but just like p4p lists, it's opinion, not fact...you could make a top ten list thread, and everyone would probably have different lists...doesn't mean your list is wrong...

Back