PC Imagine spending $1.5-2k for GPU and not being able to get 60 fps in a game on max settings

@Zer

5bf5-crysis-1280h-bar.jpg

4090's are $2200 minimum in Canada right now. boooo

I think the original "Can it run...?" was Trespasser. It was a first person game set in the Jurassic Park universe and had a super duper physics engine and was poorly optimized. I loved how realistic it aimed to be but it came out way too early.

RTX 4070 Ti GAND STAND UP!

i got a 2080 super for sale if anyone is interested.

4090's are $2200 minimum in Canada right now. boooo
Don’t buy one anyways. 4080 supers are supposed to come out in January/February and rumored to be around 1k. They also most likely won’t melt on you

Problem is, most are too concerned by how a game looks and not how it plays.

Honestly, theres tons of games out there that look beautiful on my mid grade graphics card. I could care less if I couldnt crank max settings on the latest game. Sounds like you are highly overpaying for your entertainment.

Problem is, most are too concerned by how a game looks and not how it plays.

Honestly, theres tons of games out there that look beautiful on my mid grade graphics card. I could care less if I couldnt crank max settings on the latest game. Sounds like you are highly overpaying for your entertainment.
But if i'm spending over 1000 cdn for a 3060, which I did in June 2022, It SHOULD be able to outperform a 500 dollar PS5, no?

But if i'm spending over 1000 cdn for a 3060, which I did in June 2022, It SHOULD be able to outperform a 500 dollar PS5, no?
Agreed, there's that. Pricing has become absurd. NVIDIA and AMD exploited the cryptoboom to avariciously inflate the pricing standards. Three years later, and the PC market still can't come close to competing with the hardware value of the the top consoles-- the Xbox Series X in particular. It's hit a $350 sale price twice in the last month, and currently remains at $394 on Amazon. Thus, it's costing PC gamers roughly the same to purchase a 4060 Ti alone. So it's still costing just as much for a GPU alone with rough parity to the performance of the graphics in the XSX itself.

Agreed, there's that. Pricing has become absurd. NVIDIA and AMD exploited the cryptoboom to avariciously inflate the pricing standards. Three years later, and the PC market still can't come close to competing with the hardware value of the the top consoles-- the Xbox Series X in particular. It's hit a $350 sale price twice in the last month, and currently remains at $394 on Amazon. Thus, it's costing PC gamers roughly the same to purchase a 4060 Ti alone. So it's still costing just as much for a GPU alone with rough parity to the performance of the graphics in the XSX itself.

Make it 3 times in the last month for the Series X Target has it for $349.99 again today but if anyone has a Red Card you can get another 5% off to take it to $332.49

Why are you guys spending so much on cards? I got my 6700xt on sale for 500 CAD last year. It plays virtually everything at higher settings. Some things at max.

Did you inspect the rest of the rig? Could it be something else fucking with the machines ability to perform?

The next gen console pc equivalents are supposed to be an rtx 2070 or amd 5700 which go for around $150-300 cad used right now.

I use my rig for way more video editing then actual gaming, so for me the card makes sense. The games I do play on there all play extremely good so I have zero complaints.

If you guys are not playing for competition or dont use your pc for other things such as editing, mining or making deepfake videos, I dont understand why you buy such pricey cards. Just get a console.

Depends, there is a massive advantage in optimization for console, not to mention consoles are sold at a loss.

Not all game are GPU bound--some tax the CPU so much that 60fps is hard to achieve.

Not all game are GPU bound--some tax the CPU so much that 60fps is hard to achieve.
Nah the only time you truly see them help back is if you’re running a game on a 4090 and have the game at 1080 and are trying to get a bunch of frames. Otherwise, there’s little difference between most modern CPUs.

PS3 emulation is CPU bound even with a 4090. 360 emulation is opposite. Switch seems to be the sweet spot in the middle.

Back