If you're mad @ Woodley over wanting a money fight (like Eddie) ..

I cant blame him for wanting to fight Diaz especially if he does it at UFC 202 like he proposed. I dont really think the UFC should make fights like that but its a business they gotta do whatever they feel is best for business.

counter point - If you, as a fan, support fighters going for money fights when there are top contenders in their division, you're a shitty fan. It makes no sense to support the money fight because, of the 3 parties that exist in the sport, you benefit nothing from a money fight. The fighter benefits, the company benefits, the fan does not benefit even a little bit.

McGregor chasing Diaz is a shit fight, Bisping chasing Henderson is a shit fight, Woodley wanting Diaz is shitty, and it's a shit fight. As a fan, we are supposed to keep the sport runners in check with positive and negative feedback based on what the response is. Cheer good things, support it with money, boo bad things, don't support it by not paying for it or praising it. If Woodley, or Bisping, or McGregor, or anybody, aren't representing the culture properly, fans should repsond to that with pushback, not praise and excuses about why it should go without criticism. They should want to get the money fight, we shouldn't let them.

The man stated a preference and that preference is for the situation that makes him the most money.

It's crazy that athletes get held to a completely different standard than every else. Any on us choose a job based on making more money, nobody bats an eye. Athletes are supposed to act for the purity of the sport or competition and get slaughtered for making a business decision that other people make daily.

Woodley made some good business decisions wait for the title fight and calling Nick out. Unfortunately me and lot of other fans don't care about his business plans we pay to watch UFC because the best fight the best or there good story and narrative like Bisping and Conor builds and sales.

Woodley pretty much just came out and said fuck you give me money. Thats not very marketable move. We buy PPV for see best fight the best or hyped up story or good narrative not making Woodley rich. Him fighting Nick is completely meaningless at ww no back story or narrative just about him getting rich. Trust me his family is not going hungry anytime soon he makes good money, he sees Conor and Nate making 7 figures and he wants in on it too thats all.

It undermines the rankings system , Wonderboy was more deserving a title shot in the first place.

Woodley made some good business decisions wait for the title fight and calling Nick out. Unfortunately me and lot of other fans don't care about his business plan we watch UFC because the best fight the best or there good story and narrative like Bisping and Conor builds and sales.

Woodley pretty much just came out and said fuck you give me money. Thats not very marketable move. We buy PPV for see best fight the best or hyped up story or good narrative not making Woodley rich. Him fighting Nick is completely meaningless at ww no back story or narrative just about him getting rich. Trust me his family is not going hungry anytime soon he makes good money, he sees Conor and Nate making 7 figures and he wants in on it too thats all.
I don't believe you. I think MMA fans are full of shit, and pick and choose who they let get away with whatever, based on personal bias. Let Tyron get his money. UFC is joke now anyway and that is the fault of zuffa and dana white. Yes, I am purposely refusing to capitalize their names.

The people blaming Woodley are just dumbfuck teenagers.

Blame the UFC for putting out the precedent.

Woodley made some good business decisions wait for the title fight and calling Nick out. Unfortunately me and lot of other fans don't care about his business plans we pay to watch UFC because the best fight the best or there good story and narrative like Bisping and Conor builds and sales.

If there are two options at work and one makes me more money and should be easier, I'd suggest that my boss give me that option. I think most people would. I'm not sure it's right for people to hold these guys to a higher standard. His fights have been exciting for a while now so I'll watch him when he fights. That's what should matter.

Say what you want about Tyron being or not being the best fighter in his division, but he rustles jimmies better than any other active welterweight.

woodley is clearly a duck wearing chicken feathers. He's using the money fight excuse to avoid losing the title. win win for him. Lose lose for the fans and sport.

I have no problem with them wanting money fights. Anyone in their right mind would want the money fight. After all, they're prize fighters. That being said, just because they want the money fight doesn't mean that they should get it. Woodley-Wonderboy is the fight to make.

Woodley is different though, his backlash is more of blacklivesmatter type issue?

Yes, surely it's a race issue. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact he is a consummate whiner, rarely fights, has the personality of a fencepost, an annoying-as-fuck mother who won't shut up, didn't actually beat Condit, and brings absolutely zero earning-potential to a "money fight."

But nope... race.

Woodley is more marketable than both Lawler and Hendricks

Disagree

Actually I don't think many people would agree with that at all not just me lmao

Maybe Hendricks (now) but surely not (at the time)

If there are two options at work and one makes me more money and should be easier, I'd suggest that my boss give me that option. I think most people would. I'm not sure it's right for people to hold these guys to a higher standard. His fights have been exciting for a while now so I'll watch him when he fights. That's what should matter.
Yeah but his boss Dana didn't give him any options yet. At your work soon as you get promoted would you start demanding more money easier work in front of the your office ? if you do it won't site well with your colleges trust me you'll be the the most hated person in your office going to work everyday won't be fun if everyone hate your guts. Woodley did just that now his getting back lashes.

No he did not.

100% lie.
GSP had tons of legit title defenses against the number 1 contender. Woodley doesnt have a single defense. Not even worth comparing. Conor stepped up in competion. Woodley is just looking for a easy money fight right out of the gate. There was a ton of build up for the Diaz vs GSP fight. This is first i have heard of tyron woodley vs. nick diaz. Cannot compare this to anything else.

The man stated a preference and that preference is for the situation that makes him the most money.

It's crazy that athletes get held to a completely different standard than every else. Any on us choose a job based on making more money, nobody bats an eye. Athletes are supposed to act for the purity of the sport or competition and get slaughtered for making a business decision that other people make daily.

His preference shouldn't matter. You don't get to do the work you "prefer" at most jobs, you do what you're told, and often if you keep bitching about it, you'll find you no longer have a job.

Back