If you're mad @ Woodley over wanting a money fight (like Eddie) ..

if he fights Diaz soon i have no problem with the fight. Also it would be cool if Diaz wins the UFC title. But he should have said he'll fight wonderboy right after the Diaz fight.

For all the people crying racism, shut up. Everybody loves Cormier, Rampage, MVP, Randleman, Sakuraba, Cain, Werdum, Jacare, etc

Yeah but his boss Dana didn't give him any options yet. At your work soon as you get promoted would you start demanding more money easier work in front of the your office ? if you do it won't site well with your colleges trust me you'll be the the most hated person in your office going to work everyday won't be fun if everyone hate your guts. Woodley did just that now his getting back lashes.

I see your point but I equate it more to getting praised for exemplary work and suggesting something that benefits you.

His preference shouldn't matter. You don't get to do the work you "prefer" at most jobs, you do what you're told, and often if you keep bitching about it, you'll find you no longer have a job.

It's on his bosses whether he gets what he wants or not but I don't see anything wrong with saying what he'd do if he had the choice.

Can't blame Woodley for wanting to get a money fight in before he loses the belt.

What money fights are there for him? GSP? fuckin nick diaz? Who else is there? No light weight is gonna move up to fight him and the middle weights are in a ridiculous enough situation as it is.

I don't believe that just becoming champ makes you a star and gives you the leverage to hand pick your next opponent. Get a few wins and become marketable as a champ. The UFC needs to stop this in its tracks. The Conor debacle started a bad precedent and everyone who gets the strap now thinks they command leverage. They need to go back to champions fight top five in their division until it's cleaned out or the opportunity for a legitimate superfight comes along(dominate champ vs dominate champ type).

duck8.jpg

I'm not against Woodley trying to get money. I'm just more for Thompson getting his title shot.

He wants money fights... The only thing I took from that is he knows Wonderboy beats him 9 out of 10 times, he wants to keep his belt and milk it for all he can looking for the best match ups to do so. The irony of this is that before his fight with Lawler, Woodley claimed he didn't hold out for a title shot, well as soon as he's champ he flips his tone and now you can see he's been looking for the easiest way to the top, trying to bring that floyd mayweather money fight sh!t to MMA. I think Woodley has a hard time keeping that belt up against any of the top welterweights, Rory already beat him, Wonderboy and Neil Magny would be horrible match ups for woodley and I am quite sure Gastellum and Condit would both love a rematch with him, if he's holding the belt.

It's on his bosses whether he gets what he wants or not but I don't see anything wrong with saying what he'd do if he had the choice.

That's fair, I just don't think a champ should get to pick and choose, they should fight the #1 contender (or at least close to #1), or else the title loses meaning.

It's a farce fight idea

However Shertards are getting more butthurt over a vague idea than actual farce fights which will be materialized in Conor vs Diaz and Bisping vs Hendo.

woodley is clearly a duck wearing chicken feathers. He's using the money fight excuse to avoid losing the title. win win for him. Lose lose for the fans and sport.

A Conor fan is talking about ducking lol

What Conor did, going for the 155 title straight afterwards made some sense. Winning a title, but choosing to go after Dan Henderson (who is 3 - 3 in his last 6 fights and is coming off a win against a Welterweight who had already lost badly at 170) or calling out Nick Diaz who hasn't won a fight in 5 years is quite simply shameless.

That's fair, I just don't think a champ should get to pick and choose, they should fight the #1 contender (or at least close to #1), or else the title loses meaning.

I think we agree more than we disagree. I hate the Diaz fight. Wonderboy has earned a shot.

Unfortunately, the way the system is, fighting the best ranked guy isn't the best decision financially for the champion and I don't see how to fix that.

Fan perspective of wanting the best competition often forgets that this is these guys lively hood and what is best for them financially matters to them.

I hope the UFC doesn't allow this crap to happen, imagine if every champ started pulling this crap.....I hope the Bisping thing didn't open a can of worms.

It's not a money fight if no one gives a fuck. Tyron is not a draw.

Back