If you want to tell your casual friend what a fluke win means which finish you will show him ?

No such thing.

Anderson vs Chael 2???

<31>

A fluke is Hall vs Mousasi 100%. A spinning back kick meant to the body that Gegard ducked into. Dominated him every second of both fights other than the kick.

Last edited:
Define fluke first ,before asking before examples

For me fluke doesn't mean against the odds such as Serra- GSP. To me fluke means something such as "you pick up someone to suplex them, and then you slip and KO yourself DUE TO AN EXTERNAL VARIABLE (such as slipper canvas or ligament snapping) as opponent lands on you.

The serra-GSP was against the odds but legitimate, GSP just wasn't good enough that day. The man with the better performance won that day so not a fluke. Gegard example is poor technique/consitency, so again not a fluke. Chael was also not a fluke as again he wasn't good enough to judge the game, perform his spinning back fist, and Silva was good enough to deal with all of that. Same for DC-Stipe, not a fluke, just being able to exert his gameplan above Stipe.

Kohsaka's "win" over fedor. It was clearly a fluke since the cut was from an accidental elbow. Even though it was an illegal move, they had to declare a winner for the tournament to continue. So they declared kohsaka the winner on a technicality.

For me fluke doesn't mean against the odds such as Serra- GSP. To me fluke means something such as "you pick up someone to suplex them, and then you slip and KO yourself DUE TO AN EXTERNAL VARIABLE (such as slipper canvas or ligament snapping) as opponent lands on you.

The serra-GSP was against the odds but legitimate, GSP just wasn't good enough that day. The man with the better performance won that day so not a fluke. Gegard example is poor technique/consitency, so again not a fluke. Chael was also not a fluke as again he wasn't good enough to judge the game, perform his spinning back fist, and Silva was good enough to deal with all of that. Same for DC-Stipe, not a fluke, just being able to exert his gameplan above Stipe.

Yes .. This pretty much

Yeah like it was chael missing a spinning back fist . Also silva was getting wrecked in the chris fight while chael was beating silva .

Its was nothing like chael missing a back fist .. How is breaking your leg while trying to kick someone like throw a spinning back fist ? Wtf you smoking boy

GSP and Moose both proved that the first fight was a fluke . Colby didnt prove it in a rematch lik the other 2 because that bum warlley alves is way down in the rankings while colby is a world champ

In MMA, anyone can lose. All it takes is a little mistake. GSP and Mousasi winning their rematches proved that they also can beat the opponents who beat them - nothing more, nothing less. Putting the label "fluke" next to a fighter's loss to discredit the winner is downright insulting and dishonest.

I would not care to elaborate if somebody was so stupid they would need examples to understand what a fluke win meant

Yeah like it was chael missing a spinning back fist . Also silva was getting wrecked in the chris fight while chael was beating silva .

You’re an idiot

Chael couldn’t get the td anymore n got desperate, then Silva finished him with perfectly placed knee.

Same with weidman he was gassed n couldn’t get td. It was just a matter of time before Silva puts him out

Thank you very much... There are too many idiots on this forum.

A silva breaking his leg .. Was a fluke for Weidman
No, it wasnt

***DEEEEEEEEEEEEEP BREATH*************

Woah boy, I am about to fucking losing it with you people. I am so sick and fucking tired of hearing this hot garbage IDIOCY posted every time a thread like this comes up.

Weidman won every minute of both fights. Weidman won the standup and the grappling in both fights. Anderson got fucking humiliated in the first. In the second fight, within 3 minutes Weidman had already bounced Andersons head off the ground like a fucking basketball. Anderson thought to himself "Oh shit, its happening again", got really fucking desperate because he was getting HIS SHIT PUSHED IN FOR THE SECOND TIME. In desperation, Anderson resorted to throwing full force leg kicks with zero setup. Weidman turned the uber deadly striker into a sloppy panic striker. Weidman checked perfectly 2 of Andersons desperate sloppy kicks, resulting in the leg break.

It wasn't luck. It wasnt even 1% luck. It was the result of Weidman shoving Andersons shit in non stop in 2 separate fights.

Back