If you want to tell your casual friend what a fluke win means which finish you will show him ?

I almost agree. I think Lawler KOing Manhoef was a fluke, he didn’t even have his eyes open when he swung at him. That’d be something I call a fluke. Or Anderson’s leg snap.

EDIT: just read deeper in the thread, seems you agree with me about Anderson.

Yeah .. I dont see how anybody could not regard something like snapping the leg not a fluke ..

gray-maynard_rob-emerson.gif~c200

SickValidIndianringneckparakeet-size_restricted.gif

4k8gba.jpg

coreyhilllegbreak.gif

Good to see there is some common sense in this thread, it means humanity still has a narrow chance

gspserra2.gif

giphy.gif

9zw1Og.gif

giphy.gif

sonnen-whoops.gif

These are the ones who i would recommend to casual fans if they want to know what a fluke win looks like .

From all of those, only Serra was a fluke.
and that was the one I would show my friend (along with the rematch, so he understood how much of a fluke that was).

as for a fresh example, I would show him Bisping & Luke. (the second one where Bisping KO'd Luke without training camp and then the first one with both guys with full training camp)

1. Why would you want to teach someone what a fluke win is?

decision-vs-silva.gif

Even with the knee, that never put Bisping out, Silva still clearly lost that fight. Had he done things differently he may have been able to win that fight, but he didn't, and lost because of it. There was nothing fluky about Silva losing.

Back