If You Play Guitar Get In here

I play. Ibanez fan. Just got my first multiscale about a month ago. I play through Blackstar and an Orange amp. Planning on buying the Horizon Precision OD soon and some locking tuners and knobs for the multiscale Ibanez. Synyster Gates, Steve Vai, and Joe Satriani are my guitar gods.

I just sold my early 2000s Fender AVI 62’ Tele to a United Pilot from Austin.

I’m down to one guitar my tried and true 2005 Gibson LP CUSTOM. Yes CUSTOM is all caps because it was a very proud milestone purchase.

Learning to play guitar was onnmy bucket list.

Took it up about three years ago and now I can play about anything.

Two of my all-time favorites, here:

I've played since I was a kid but in the past 5 or six years more than ever since I now work from home and am focusing more on my music. Aside from Randy and Uli above, some of my favorites are Hanneman, Azagthoth, Dave Suzuki, Eric Peterson, Gilmour, and Lifeson.

Grapevine, Texas. I live in Grapevine and Post used to sing country music on main street here at the bars. popular ...rapper? More talented than that

I'd rather see a video of your stuff rather than this face tatted hack.

Used to be in a bunch of shitty bands in high school. I wasn’t great but could riff decently for a domestic basement rock star.

Recently went into a guitar shop and picked up a nice Explorer. It has been 10+ years since I played and I thought, “Oh it’s like riding a bike.” I started to play Crazy Train just to get the fingers moving and the shop guy said, “It’s been a long time since I’ve heard Marilyn Manson.” I promptly returned the guitar to the rack. I’m too embarrassed to go back.

riotfest-2017-sunday-237.jpg

attachment.php

20100520-160353-099823.jpg

451px-Bad_Religion_gitar.jpg

Last edited:
I started to play Crazy Train just to get the fingers moving and the shop guy said, “It’s been a long time since I’ve heard Marilyn Manson.” I promptly returned the guitar to the rack. I’m too embarrassed to go back.

I had to stop myself from punching a hole in the wall. :mad:

And this "Post Malone" guy looks like he reeks of resin and stale Funyons

Been playing on and off since i was 14. I have a 6 string fender acoustic.

Dudes a pretty decent player. Yous a hater.

You realize what you're doing right? You're impressed that a multi million record selling artist can play the same standard blues licks on guitar that Billy Bob has been playing down at the Honky Tonk for 50 years now.

That's how far music has fallen. People are genuinely impressed when popular musicians can actually play music on real instruments. It's a sad state of affairs these days.

I play. Not as much as I used too.

I use a LP studio.

My favorite artists and biggest influences are Radiohead, Mastodon, Gary Clark Jr., Incubus, Smashing Pumpkins, Minus the Bear, Zeppelin, Hendrix, and, imo the GOAT, the Rx Bandits.

And still no mention of Shawn Lane, Robert Fripp, Django Rheinhardt, Guthrie Govan, the Rosenbergs, Paul Gilbert? Man, I am disappoint...

(Yeah, the Prince-solo is awesome, but this is otherworldly)

I've been playing for over 20 years now. It's so crazy to think of that. One of those hobbies that I never stopped.

In regards to someone like Post Malone, I had a friend from around 20 years ago that I got into guitar around the same time as me. He grew up pretty poor, and he treasured the hand me down guitar he got. He got good pretty quickly, but then jumped onto that post-hardcore shit that was popular in his high school. He played in a few different bands touring around our state. I remember him getting out of all of that around 2007ish, and he was writing a lot of acoustic stuff. To my surprise (honestly shock), he became a rapper. He's probably more popular as a rapper than anything now. It's just funny because he doesn't look like a rapper at all. He grew up really poor, so he never had dentist work. Crooked teeth and then his front tooth got chipped in half once skateboarding. He's a pale ginger too. He does write his own beats though, and just an all around great musician. I just never expected him to end up a rapper.

Mayer. Come at me guitar bros. 4:27

That cunt can really play.

I’m a bit of a hack guitarist, have been getting right into Death lately, been some good stuff to learn, has really improved my skills I’d say.

Back