If you need bench press help...

No, her name is Fiona von Bachhaus. I don't believe Kara competed in push/pull at the Arnold's.

Ah I see... Nobles ftw!

But you have to admit Carnal, those arches have some similarities

Kara_Bohigian_femal_powerlifter_mod.jpg

Hey Merrill, you are yellow now. Please take it down a notch, this is white belt territory. :)

Not a bad plan, but I'd rather influence them with words and logic. Damn I'm long-winded though! It's all good shit, I swear.

Then again, maybe a link wouldn't hurt anything...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98JCePvn6Q4

:)

I would be GREATLY interested to know how you get into a position for BTN jerks, how to do them, and if you've done them since? Ripp says they are dangerous because they are near the limit of the rotator cuffs strength, but as MANY strongman do them, there must be a safe technique to do so.

This is directed at mostly Ascendant, but if anyone is good at non-split jerks, tips/articles would be great.

I would be GREATLY interested to know how you get into a position for BTN jerks, how to do them, and if you've done them since? Ripp says they are dangerous because they are near the limit of the rotator cuffs strength, but as MANY strongman do them, there must be a safe technique to do so.

This is directed at mostly Ascendant, but if anyone is good at non-split jerks, tips/articles would be great.

They are dangerous if you have weak hips and are not good at exploding the weight off your shoulders. If you try to push with your arms before the weight gets well over your head, you are putting your RC muscles in a really bad spot with heavy weight.

Front push jerk it is. Still need to know how to high bar though...

320px-SMirC-crysvg.png

C.Beeby - There's not much more tho them than what they look like. Unrack it like a HIGH bar squat, slightly wide stance for stability. Big breath in, push the ass out a little, drop 6-12 inches, explode back up.

Just make sure you're using bumpers while you're learning so you can bail. And don't go to heavy on the weight until you're comfortable with it, because it can be dangerous if only your RC has to stabilize and the bar is too far out of position.

In all reality, these should feel VERY natural to most athletes. Let me know if you have more specific questions. Oh, and I definitely don't like bring them back down to the behind the neck position with any significant weight.

C.Beeby - There's not much more tho them than what they look like. Unrack it like a HIGH bar squat, slightly wide stance for stability. Big breath in, push the ass out a little, drop 6-12 inches, explode back up.

Just make sure you're using bumpers while you're learning so you can bail. And don't go to heavy on the weight until you're comfortable with it, because it can be dangerous if only your RC has to stabilize and the bar is too far out of position.

In all reality, these should feel VERY natural to most athletes. Let me know if you have more specific questions. Oh, and I definitely don't like bring them back down to the behind the neck position with any significant weight.

I can't rack high bar. No idea how.

Meaning you don't have an open faced power rack like the one in the video? If that's the case you're going to have a tough time: you'd have to clean the weight up, pop it over the head on to the shoulders, and if you can do that the weight isn't very heavy. Clarify?

Meaning you don't have an open faced power rack like the one in the video? If that's the case you're going to have a tough time: you'd have to clean the weight up, pop it over the head on to the shoulders, and if you can do that the weight isn't very heavy. Clarify?

I have access to power racks at both my gyms. I don't know HOW to do a high bar position, as any article makes it sound as if it's the easiest thing ever. I just don't get it.

Draw your shoulder blades together similar to a bench setup. Your traps will form a shelf. Put the par on the trap shelf. This is the high bar.

Careful...that Barut guy has dubs because he's been giving bad advice.

Back