If you had everything you wanted, how much happier would you be?

Why does money automatically = lust for material possessions? I mean, to some people- sure, that's all it is

But what about security, funding for projects, inventions, helping others in need (programs, etc.)? Those are not material possessions or excesses. Those are real and do equate to real happiness.

So if all you can consider when you think about money is acquisition of material goods, then yes, you are severely dull, have no personality and will definitely be VERY unhappy if/when you get increased amounts of money

If you had everything you wanted then these things would technically not need to be done as they already would be done as you'd already have everything you wanted.

What happiness is everything I want? On money: If happiness is an island, money is a boat. Though some people can't work a boat.

If you had everything you wanted then these things would technically not need to be done as they already would be done as you'd already have everything you wanted.

Strictly answering the thread title, yes. No argument here

I just kinda had to address that ever so popular "money can't bring happiness" phrase that popped up somewhere in the middle of the discussions-- it drives me bonkers so

----

Now let's talk about if you received everything you wanted. Assuming it was granted only once and not on a weekly subscription or something, then it can be assumed that sooner or later you might desire something even more- somethings you hadn't thought about at the start.

Well, I got an answer for that, too. All the resources you acquired @ the 1st and only wizard-granting could then be of enormous usefulness to attain those further goals, so your life wouldn't even be boring (new goals/heights to strive to)

Hot damn how am I so too incredible

Strictly answering the thread title, yes. No argument here

I just kinda had to address that ever so popular "money can't bring happiness" phrase that popped up somewhere in the middle of the discussions-- it drives me bonkers so

----

Now let's talk about if you received everything you wanted. Assuming it was granted only once and not on a weekly subscription or something, then it can be assumed that sooner or later you might desire something even more- somethings you hadn't thought about at the start.

Well, I got an answer for that, too. All the resources you acquired @ the 1st and only wizard-granting could then be of enormous usefulness to attain those further goals, so your life wouldn't even be boring (new goals/heights to strive to)

Hot damn how am I so too incredible

LOL, it is all one big mindfuck isn't it?

LOL, it is all one big mindfuck isn't it?

haha

I guess you could think of it like this:

Money is a tool. That's it. It can be one of the most versatile tools, but like all tools-- the more powerful and useful it is, the more dangerous it is when mis-used. Think about anything powerful and useful- you will see that it has a directly correlative potential for evil/destruction.

Now...
Who are all these people who are getting destroyed by money? Lottery ticket winners? Yes. Rappers? Yes. I'm sure you can think of others.

What do they all have in common? They wield neither knowledge or respect for the danger of the tool they possess. They have no want to even learn or think about the best and most responsible ways to utilize/leverage it*

They are the ones who would play around with a high pressure washer (see other thread from 2 days ago) finding themselves 8" shorter on the first day

*(except that one genius who invested in swords in hotel rooms- that guy makes Buffet look like a shlapstick wino)

haha

I guess you could think of it like this:

Money is a tool. That's it. It can be one of the most versatile tools, but like all tools-- the more powerful and useful it is, the more dangerous it is when mis-used. Think about anything powerful and useful- you will see that it has a directly correlative potential for evil/destruction.

Now...
Who are all these people who are getting destroyed by money? Lottery ticket winners? Yes. Rappers? Yes. I'm sure you can think of others.

What do they all have in common? They wield neither knowledge or respect for the danger of the tool they possess. They have no want to even learn or think about the best and most responsible ways to utilize/leverage it*

They are the ones who would play around with a high pressure washer (see other thread from 2 days ago) finding themselves 8" shorter on the first day

*(except that one genius who invested in swords in hotel rooms- that guy makes Buffet look like a shlapstick wino)

Interesting perspective there and pretty spot on I must say.

to take it a step further money to me is simply a means, it cannot possibly be an end. However I know and have come across individuals who feel that it can be an end. That doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. I can't eat it, drink it, wear it, drive it etc etc. However some people sit there and worship money as though it is the end and that is very strange to me.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to be poor, but at the same time I have no desire to be rich, only to provide a reasonably comfortable lifestyle for myself and my family.

to take it a step further money to me is simply a means, it cannot possibly be an end. However I know and have come across individuals who feel that it can be an end. That doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. I can't eat it, drink it, wear it, drive it etc etc. However some people sit there and worship money as though it is the end and that is very strange to me.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to be poor, but at the same time I have no desire to be rich, only to provide a reasonably comfortable lifestyle for myself and my family.

That's what I was looking for. I suck at distilling ideas down to a single sentence. I don't think I've ever done it in my life. Sincere congrats

/thread?

Back