If you had everything you wanted, how much happier would you be?

The world would suck and I would rot. That's why you keep creating new goals.

way way way happier. i was perfectly happy a year ago when i didnt want anything. now i'm an envious mess.

Having money can totally make you happy. Case in point. I'd definitely be happier with better clothes than poor looking clothes. I'd be happier with a rolex than a crappy timex. I'd be happier sittin in first class enjoying the flight than economy. I'd be happier in a nice expensive car than a pos one. I'd be happier going into restaurants and not having to worry whether I still got credit off my credit card, etc. MONEY makes your life easy and living easy should make you happy......UNLESS a) you have mental issues and b) nobody loves you

I'd be happy, but what motivation would I have to do anything? It'd be boring.

Get a Phd, try to run a successful business, travel the world, help people, start lifting weights, etc.

The possibilities are endless.

People saying, "money doesn't buy happiness" pssshhhhhhh. Money would make a lot of things less stressful or rid the stress all together.

This is the stupidest fucken question I've ever seen. How would you not be the happiest person on the planet if you "had everything you wanted." You would literally have "everything you wanted."

pp,375x360.jpg

Must applaud your most excellent use of that meme. What a nag I've become

Now, thanks to that, I am reborn of virtue

This is the stupidest fucken question I've ever seen. How would you not be the happiest person on the planet if you "had everything you wanted." You would literally have "everything you wanted."

Stop it, Sir!

You are making too much sense.

A woman around my age range, in good shape that's also educated, has a sense of humor and has only eyes for me like I do for her.

Being able to see my mom once a week or more with quality time, not worrying about school or work or bills or my health.

Taking my 6 year old nephew out to the park, teaching him to play football and then playing X-Men or Spider-Man with him. (Not video games. Playing like he's Spider-Man and I'm Electro or something, real kid stuff)

Delivering fresh flour and groceries to my 80 year old grandmother who's developing dementia so I can spend what little time she has left of her memory.

Being able to read The Dark Towers series at the beach without constantly worrying about where I'm going to go to get my teeth fixed or how I'm going to pay for books.

Those are the things I'd choose first. Unfortunately, I can't do those things without having rent paid, without getting myself out of debt. So here I am, hundreds of miles away from home and the job offer I got is hundreds more miles away. Everything I tell my mother about where I'm going after graduation, she gives me a reassuring but hesitant, "Oh... That's good boy. It's good money." What she's not saying and what I can hear her saying is that she wants to see her son.

Material things? I'm a cheap date. I'd like a two bedroom condo with a garage and a lot spot. I'd be super happy with a $26,000 base WRX, silver with black interior. 32" LCD and a PS4 and an apartment full of Ikea, sale price beer from BevMo and a Netflix account for me and the lady.

But mostly all the things I first listed.

well, i have a beautiful family, if i added a lot of money to that situation, we would be fantastic. if i never had to worry about monetary emergencies, and i could provide anything and everything my children could possibly need. .....fantastic

Great food, great drinks, travel whenever I can, being surrounded by interesting friends and no individuals around me who either fear or enjoy "political correct" standards or otherwise lack an irritating ability to think for themselves. Then I am happy, and I usually am. Though I would like a family, I basically have everything I want currently.

This has been answered.

happiness-chart.gif

That is a chart comparing the happiness levels of paraplegics and lotto winners one year after their life changed. Apparently we are very adaptable. Maybe the key is to always be moving forward.

A lot more than I currently am. I'm still happy with my life though.

I would be so much happier if I had the means to have everything I'd ever want.

1. A nice house with my family, with enough land for the horses we want to have.
2. The ability to travel the world and take friends along for the ride. And the ability to not have to rush through that world tour due to a money limit would be amazing. To be able to immerse into selected cultures at a deeper level would be priceless.
3. Set the kids up with money for a good college.
4. I would be able to chase my dreams, even if I didn't need to go into the field for a living. Just to be able to have a small recording studio and be able to bring in musicians I am friends with and throw something together would be amazing.
5. Help fund study at M.I.T and Cal Poly into some type of renewable energy source..

To me it's not necessarily what you can experience, but who you can experience it with.

Last edited:
I had everything I ever wanted. It ended up being not enough. I subsequently "lost" the things that should have mattered most. Only then did I realize that I wanted the wrong things in life. Now its gone and its too late to go back. :(

Only thing I can ask for is less stress about money.

After a certain point, the more stuff you have doesn't have any affect on your happiness IMO. In other words, I don't see a family of 4 that gross 150k a year in a nice area with a low cost of living, any less happy than people that are filthy rich making millions a year.

Great point. It's like the analogy:

Take a man living in the woods, destitute, etc... Move that man into a basic home with running water, HVAC, electricity, fridge full of food, running vehicle, internet, etc...

His happiness is going to skyrocket.

Take that same man and movie him into a mansion with luxury cars, etc... and his happiness will only increase a little, if at all.

On a side note: If what makes you happy is external, then you are not happy. If what makes you happy can be taken away, then you are not happy.

True happiness is constant and unaffected by anything external, including the love of your family, etc...

This has been answered.

happiness-chart.gif

That is a chart comparing the happiness levels of paraplegics and lotto winners one year after their life changed. Apparently we are very adaptable. Maybe the key is to always be moving forward.

Have you seen the Happy documentary? It touches on that very subject.

I only want one thing, and that's to give my Wife a kid. 17 years so far and nothing, hopefully this will change. I feel 2014 is our year.

Why don't you steal one for her. Or invite over a real man to inject her with protein.

Back