If you had everything you wanted, how much happier would you be?

mommas homeboy

Women with dicks are women too!
Reaction score
Of course you don't know, but what do you think? I used to think I'd be much happier but I'm not so sure anymore...any thoughts on the matter?

I don't think people with a lot of worldly possessions sleep any better at night than people with less. Happiness is being thankful for what you have

I'd be super happy.

If my happiness rating is like a 7/10 it'd get bumped up to like 9.99/10

Very happy. If I had all the money I wanted then I would have no more troubles since Money/Bills are the only downers in my life. I know most people are gonna say not much happier but I don't understand that. I couldn't even think of any problems if I didn't have to work or worry about bills. My chick is cool, my family is good, life would be good.

it is interesting how people equate having everything you want to material possessions and money.

No one wants love? No one wants a little bit more confidence around the ladies? No one wants to be able to bench the 275?

I'd be happy, but what motivation would I have to do anything? It'd be boring.

it is interesting how people equate having everything you want to material possessions and money.

No one wants love? No one wants a little bit more confidence around the ladies? No one wants to be able to bench the 275?

With money many (not all) can buy their way to feel confident (clothes, cars etc.). And you can buy hella lot of supplements and get a personal trainer with money too so teh 275 would become the warm-up weight. Haven't you seen UberDana and UberLorenzo?

It's possible that longing for something is better than actually having it.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

if i had everything i wanted i'd be so much happier than i am now, it would be indescribable

Money can't buy happiness. I kinda like my life now though there was time I wish I had a little more money. However, compare to those poor souls in N.Korea, Syria, im way ahead

If you had everything you wanted, how much happier would you be?

Of course you don't know, but what do you think? I used to think I'd be much happier but I'm not so sure anymore...any thoughts on the matter?

Having a couple major things could help.
But I think studies have shown that after successes in life, most people's happiness levels return to 'their normal' fairly quickly.

And getting everything you want in life is definitely not a recipe for happiness.

One of the greatest Twilight Zone episodes
(although I've given it away somewhat)

This is a really poorly worded question. Since I'd wager most people want to be happy (or at least happier) someone having EVERYTHING they want would be happy by default.

Now, I'm going to go ahead and assume you mean material things. In that case, I'll go ahead and say that I'd be much happier if I had all the material things I wanted, but not for too terribly long. Eventually I'd get bored of it and return to roughly the same level of happiness I was at before.

The hedonic treadmill is a sonovabitch.

With money many (not all) can buy their way to feel confident (clothes, cars etc.). And you can buy hella lot of supplements and get a personal trainer with money too so teh 275 would become the warm-up weight. Haven't you seen UberDana and UberLorenzo?

[YT]venzPNvge18[/YT]

Only thing I can ask for is less stress about money.

After a certain point, the more stuff you have doesn't have any affect on your happiness IMO. In other words, I don't see a family of 4 that gross 150k a year in a nice area with a low cost of living, any less happy than people that are filthy rich making millions a year.

Back