If you could reverse one decision in mma history

It prolly isnt my pick but ill throw Ian Mccall VS Mighty Mouse 1 out there since it hasnt been named.... Ian got robbed of an overtime round and he nearly finished MM at the end of the 3rd. He likely wouldve finished him but it ended in a draw. Some ppl might have forgotten or not known than Ian was considered the #1 flyweight in the world before the UFC got the division. He had 2 UD wins against Formiga and Ortiz who have still been top flyweights in recent years and Formiga in particular carved out a hell of a career as one of the better fighters to not win a belt

Ian got whooped in the rematch and he never seemed like a mentally strong guy. He succumbed to injuries, mental health/depressive issues and i think he was heavy on drugs too. He took a round from purime JoeB after the Demetrious fights but outside of a couple decent wins he never did anything of note after and retired after the failed Rizin run

It wouldve been very interesting to see how flyweight shaped out and MMs career as one of the GOATs if he got finished in that OT round and if Ian became champ how history would go. Or if JoeB ends up actually winning a title for once when they meet in the finals.....

Hendricks vs GSP. It would have changed the course of history and made things very interesting.

Jones/Reyes. It's not the worst decision ever, but set in place events that affected 3 weight classes for the worse.
The problem with that one, for me, isn't that it's the most one-sided fight: it's just so damn easy to score. There is no logical, credible argument for Jones winning any of the first three rounds. He just very plainly lost the fight, and we still have to deal with people pretending that decision was the right call.

The problem with that one, for me, isn't that it's the most one-sided fight: it's just so damn easy to score. There is no logical, credible argument for Jones winning any of the first three rounds. He just very plainly lost the fight, and we still have to deal with people pretending that decision was the right call.

Had it 4-1, IIRC, clear. No way Jones did enough. "You gotta beat the champ to be the champ" gets referenced, but the quote is from pro wrestler Ric Flair. So funny it gets referenced.

Diego vs Ross Pearson was a fight where Pearson won all 3 rounds clearly. They gave it to Diego. That's the worst one ever, imo. Yet that didn't affect several weight classes.

Because of Jones getting the nod the Reyes rematch didn't happen and Jones moves to HW, where Blaydes first and now Lewis need to keep on taking fights as top contenders because the wait is too long. Ngannou is up first. And Volkov will never get a shot. This also gave room for Adesanya to move up. IDK about that decision now that the fight happened. The Jones fight is off the table. And Glover needs to wait more.

lol, u for real? I just watched fist round it's a clear 10-9 for penn
maybe i need to re watch it but i do remember BJ rearranging GSP's face/nose and landing several flush shots to the face
fights are about damage

and after the fight BJ went for a pint and George got shipped directly to the hospital on a stretcher

Hendricks vs GSP. It would have changed the course of history and made things very interesting.

What? Hendricks won the championship in the very next fight IIRC. This would have just made history more boring.

If the first Penn-Edgar fight had actually been scored correctly for Penn, think of how different the history of the LW division would be and the FW division for that matter.

No Edgar-Maynard trilogy, no Edgar-Hendo fights. Penn probably beats Maynard and then Hendo is the next man up and I think Hendo wins that but who knows.

Edgar probably goes to 145 sooner and knocks off a contender or 2 before losing to Aldo. Maybe he actually fights McGregor in this alternate timeline.

Penn-Edgar I is my pick as well, just because I think it’s the worst robbery ever in a big fight. Frankie should have only won the last round.

This is a great question because I thought about it and immediately came up with so many that having to pick one is so difficult.

So i've tried to think what the most valid fight would be. Would it be the one that was the most obvious loss in a fight or the one that was a loss that would of changed history the most?

I guess i'd change the one that I believe that led to history being robbed the most. People debate who the greatest of all time is and there's not a way to fully know. We have to account for what happened pre-USADA and that makes everything more difficult with so many questions about Jon Jones and Anderson Silva. I would of answered GSP vs Hendricks for a long time but it would be Reyes vs Jones now. I don't think Reyes did it in an entertaining way but I do believe he was the first man to beat Jon Jones. He deserved the nod. It didn't make me mad but I can't think of one that's more of a robbery in the context of history being made. I can't think of a way Jones won. I can see an argument for the Santos decision but not that one.

Diaz vs Condit

Ben Henderson vs Frankie II or even Ben Henderson vs. Gilbert.

Hendricks vs GSP
Gustafsson vs Jones
Hendo vs Shogun
Sanchez vs Pearson
Gustafsson vs DC
Silva vs Bisping
and plenty more lol.

then Conor would've fought someone else for the LW title. Perhaps RDA?
Conor was actually supposed to fight RDA, but RDA got injured and Nate stepped in. Which of course changed a lot of things.

Back