If you could have the early 2000s now...

If you had the option of snapping your finger and turn the current culture and technology revert back to the early 2000s, would you do it?

This means no smartphones, social media or even YouTube. It's blockbusters, it's 2000s music and attitude as well as same style of TV shows and humor.

Yes to it or do you like how things are?
Yell yeah, that was my prime, I miss those days. I was in college living my best life.

I think I'd probably pass, I don't really have much nostalgia for that period, Emenim, Fast & Furious rice burner culture, Spongebob/Shrek/Pokemon, never was into any of that, dont forget video stores trashing all their VHS tapes by 03 and having shit for DVD collection other than modern day garbage like Drumline and Terminator 3. Plus internet tech wasn't there yet for any type of streaming unless you love blocky loading problems/freezing. Unless you were into Limewire or whatever(which was still pretty limited, messy, full of virus) buying music was super expensive, over $20 for a single album most of the time.

By 2001 I wanted the 90's back already. Ugh, no thanks on this era, at least nowadays I got youtube and tubi.

If I went back at my current age (39), I wouldn't want to do it. I'm old now and my desire for socializing, training and doing things has diminished significantly. At least with modern technology, you an be an introvert, but have interesting things to do at home.

If I could go back and be 19 again, then yes, absolutely. Those were among the best years of my life.

Travel sucked after 9/11, and the .com bubble bursting kinda sucked. So I guess 99/00' was peak.

I like the current time (I mean technologically, not inflation-wise or politically).

However if I had to choose another time period it'd be that.

We still have internet so it isn't super archaic, but social media hasn't overran everything yet. We'd make some sacrifices but not too many.

Music was fairly good too.

I am completely mixed about it. Tons of hotties back in the day and internet was still good but it was considered for weirdos. To be fair, now is amazing because you as an individual can hire a marketing firm and with talent and charisma, you too can become famous if you know the marketing game vs being chosen by a TV network.

I am completely mixed about it. Tons of hotties back in the day and internet was still good but it was considered for weirdos. To be fair, now is amazing because you as an individual can hire a marketing firm and with talent and charisma, you too can become famous if you know the marketing game vs being chosen by a TV network.

I don't think hot chicks have went anywhere. Sexual selection will always be a thing, and women will always compete to stand out among their peers. The styles change, so you had a lot of the bleach blonde look, Velour outfits, or the pitch-black Evanescence look for others.

What you say about being able to excel independently is very true. Things have been decentralized to a large degree, so if you are thorough enough, you can build your own audience and following... Big names will notice you and may offer you the option of "selling out" or having them endorse you, but that's something that wasn't always available in the past. Although there is always going to be somewhat of a corporate hand even controlling mom and pops/ grassroot people. For example, you're still using their platforms. YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, etc. can still choose to promote or stifle a particular individual or brand if they want.

Fuck no

These threads are always filled with people saying yes, guaranteed 95%+ of them would miss modern conveniences real quick, even with just the passage of 20 years.

Blockbuster is overrated. Yeah, I said it

r o s e
t i n t e d
g l a s s e s

Social media and cell phones were around in the early 2000s. I got my first cell in 2001. Myspace was around in 2003.

But the early 2000s were lame as fuck. If I had to make a choice like that I'd rather go back to the early to mid 90s.

Fuck no

These threads are always filled with people saying yes, guaranteed 95%+ of them would miss modern conveniences real quick, even with just the passage of 20 years.

Blockbuster is overrated. Yeah, I said it

r o s e
t i n t e d
g l a s s e s
Blockbuster sucked liked other rental stores better and there's really not much I'd really miss here and now if I could go back again.

Best part some of my family would still be around.

That's a big No then. I definitely prefer the more advanced technology.

I agree with you. David Sinclair just reversed aging on mice. If you get that cash money, you can truly have a beautiful life. You can use it to learn so many skills and connect with rare like minded people who have money and have drive and vision in which you can bond with. Have cool parties in mansions and penthouse.

Modern times can be fun as well if you can find the right people and if you can make great money and have decent looks, modern life is a great life.

I don't think hot chicks have went anywhere. Sexual selection will always be a thing, and women will always compete to stand out among their peers. The styles change, so you had a lot of the bleach blonde look, Velour outfits, or the pitch-black Evanescence look for others.

What you say about being able to excel independently is very true. Things have been decentralized to a large degree, so if you are thorough enough, you can build your own audience and following... Big names will notice you and may offer you the option of "selling out" or having them endorse you, but that's something that wasn't always available in the past. Although there is always going to be somewhat of a corporate hand even controlling mom and pops/ grassroot people. For example, you're still using their platforms. YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, etc. can still choose to promote or stifle a particular individual or brand if they want.

I don't know man, I feel like in my town, all the chicks are now fat as fuck. Like even the female mannequins at stores are fat except the dudes who are fit. With so many men simping, a chick who is a 3 thinks she is a 10 due to social media. I feel like chicks dressed better or had more colorful outfits if they dressed trashy.

Right now, I am trying to sell enhancement pill on my sex toy business. I got the paper work down and its kind of fun knowing that its a puzzle that I have to solve like private label for my brand and the shipping and receiving, figuring out the prices and delivery time as well as profit margin and etc...

The fact is, I can practice creativity to try and succeed which takes away from intrusive thoughts. I would be very limited in the 2000s if it was the 2000s internet. Then again when you used to have your website, that was your world and it was your literal domain that people could enter. Now websites are not really a thing, out of sight, out of mind due to how in your face social media is.

One tried and trued profession online is online marketing. Back in the day, you made websites and did their SEO. Now you can still make websites but also manage people's social media and do video promotions for them for their social media and charge shit tons and make pretty damn good money. You can also outsource help from a 3rd world country. Different times, different benefits...

Yes. What a better time.

Hell no. Post 9/11 patriot act culture was dreadful, especially considering where things were heading in the late 90s before the attack.

Back