If you could have the early 2000s now...

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
If you had the option of snapping your finger and turn the current culture and technology revert back to the early 2000s, would you do it?

This means no smartphones, social media or even YouTube. It's blockbusters, it's 2000s music and attitude as well as same style of TV shows and humor.

Yes to it or do you like how things are?

If you had the option of snapping your finger and turn the current culture and technology revert back to the early 2000s, would you do it?

This means no smartphones, social media or even YouTube. It's blockbusters, it's 2000s music and attitude as well as same style of TV shows and humor.

Yes

Would I also be in my late-teens/early-20s again?

If yes, then absolutely.

If I was 41 but life was like it was in the early 2000s, nah. Probably not.

Why not?

Yes.

Do I get to be 20 years younger?
Are we talking time travel or just modified EMP affecting only tech?

Yes either way.

No you guys are both in your current age. Pretty much 2023 all of a sudden turns into early 2000s culture but you are the same.

Totally yes in a heartbeat. More downsides than upsides since 2000s which is when industrial society peaked IMO.

No, cause I'd still be a broken down old man so who gives a shit

Yes, culture and society has changed and gotten softer since then but the people that spend all day whining about it and acting like victims would still be pussies 20 years ago, real men gonna be real men regardless and these dudes aint it

Why not?

No you guys are both in your current age. Pretty much 2023 all of a sudden turns into early 2000s culture but you are the same.

It was easier to get drugs in person when I was in my teens and 20s.

Now, at 41, it's easier to get them online.

Do I still have the money I have accumulated in 2023?

I don't know if I have a soft spot for the early 2000's because life was genuinely good back then, or my judgement was clouded by me being an elementary schooler at the time, living worry free and not being aware about how the world works.

Last edited:
Yes I would.

I love my smart phone but it's probably done some harm to me, and it's DEFINITELY harmed kids that grew up with them much more than it's helped them

Yep. Testosterone wasn't illegal to have. Women actually dressed well and didn't look like tranny Kardashian's wearing homeless people clothes. People weren't obsessed with technology and brainwashed by algorithms yet.

Those were good times.

On a personal level yes.

On a macro level I do not have the power to fix a shitty future for the world and I wonder how much happier a successful personal life would make me. It'd make me happier but how much?

I want to go back to 1890 and spend my whole life on old ocean liners more. That is my dream and If I had a 1 time time travelling power that is what I would do.

Last edited:
To be 26 again and live in a world that's sane or at least more sane.

How is this a question? What is actually better now other than more tv watching options?

For sure

Would also be bringing this back

Pride-Logo.jpg

I hate social media and that you're on camera whenever out in public, but I love tech. I guess I would take now vs early 2000's.

I like the current time (I mean technologically, not inflation-wise or politically).

However if I had to choose another time period it'd be that.

We still have internet so it isn't super archaic, but social media hasn't overran everything yet. We'd make some sacrifices but not too many.

Music was fairly good too.

Would I also be in my late-teens/early-20s again?

If yes, then absolutely.

If I was 41 but life was like it was in the early 2000s, nah. Probably not.
This pretty much. Would I hop in a time machine right now? Buddy, without a moments hesitation.

Would I go back 20 years in tech but still be an introverted hermit in my 40s? Uh I think I'll pass.

Do I still have the money I have accumulated in 2023?

You do and if you have an online business then it's a 2000s style website.

You just wake up with the old internet and flip phones.

To be 26 again and live in a world that's sane or at least more sane.

How is this a question? What is actually better now other than more tv watching options?

No homophobic slurs and more cuisines as well as easier time to travel or finding your way if you are lost.

For sure

Would also be bringing this back

Pride-Logo.jpg

pride never dies!
I hate social media and that you're on camera whenever out in public, but I love tech. I guess I would take now vs early 2000's.

It's tough because technology is a life saver but people can be assholes and misuse it.

Reactions: Zer
Back