If you consider chuck and randy world champions, then you must do the same for Lima and pitbull!!!

The way those fights actually played out disagrees with you chief. PRIDE King Silva went 0-3 against Tito, Vitor and Chuck and was lucky he never met Randy.

Wanderlei wasn't yet in his prime when he fought Tito, his TDD wasn't there yet, but it was a close fight. Belfort has a good chance to bum rush anyone, if they had a rematch in Pride it's very doubtful that Belfort would have won based on how he performed in the mid 2000s compared to Wanderlei. The Liddell fight was years passed Wanderlei's prime and that was also a close fight in which Wanderlei landed the only knock down.

Stick with one argument, don't move the goal post when your first argument gets disprove(Liddell and Couture were never number 1 when Pride was around)

When you consider that Bellator champs who have come over to the UFC haven't done that well (Hector Lombard, Ben Askren, Will Brooks) outside of say Eddie Alvarez since he actually held the UFC LW title for a few minutes and that their HW champ is a UFC LHW washout you can kind of surmise that the Bellator title just means you're a big fish in a small pond.

Randy's career cant be compared to a regular career. He had almost all title fights against the toughest competition of his day,in 2 weightclasses at an advanced age.

He also had a lot of opportunities most people wouldn't get now. Of his 30 fights 16 were for the title and he never won more than 4 fights in a row.

Lol UFC belts are faker than fake. Worthless pieces of shit that get handed out to whoever sells more.

He also had a lot of opportunities most people wouldn't get now. Of his 30 fights 16 were for the title and he never won more than 4 fights in a row.
Like Uriah got all those opps,and never got it done. Randy used that underdog status and reached out and took it.

You said that Chuck and/or Couture was the number 1 ranked LHW/HW when Pride was around, that never happened, when Pride was around the number 1 LHW was Wanderlei and then Shogun and the number 1 HW was Big Nog then Fedor. Most of the fights you are mentioning in his post are after fighters were clearly passed their primes, Cro Cop had like over 100 fights by the time he fought Mir and multiple knee and ankle surgeries, Big Nog was being called Zombie Nog by the time he fought Mir, Wanderlei Silva was a few years passed his prime by the time he fought Liddell.
Wanderlei was never the best fighter in the world at 205, ever. He got that title by beating up a past-prime dude who would have fought at 70 in the UFC. He had clear losses to Tito and Vitor and lost to Chuck when he got that opportunity. The idea that he was the best in the world was a fallacy back then and I'm amazed to see people perpetuate still, with the gift of hindsight. (I know, Rampage beat Chuck. But Wanderlei beat Rampage Chuck and Chuck beat Wanderlei, so it's hard to rank them. At one point, when Chuck and Wand were both the undisputed Champions of their orgs, Chuck beats Wand head to head, and would every time. Randy also tooled Chuck, Tito and Vitor when he dropped to 05, all three guys that beat Wanderlei.)

Liddell was older than Wanderlei if I recall correctly, but Wanderlei never would've done well against Liddell: better chin, counter puncher, smarter/more accurate striker with better power, better wrestler. Chuck beats him every time. Mir had a motorcycle accident that broke his fucking femur and multiple nasty stoppage losses by the time he fought Nogueira, who was still considered elite and impossible to stop.

When you consider that Bellator champs who have come over to the UFC haven't done that well (Hector Lombard, Ben Askren, Will Brooks) outside of say Eddie Alvarez since he actually held the UFC LW title for a few minutes and that their HW champ is a UFC LHW washout you can kind of surmise that the Bellator title just means you're a big fish in a small pond.

That's kind of the same when Pride and UFC were around, UFC was the second tier organization to Pride and now Bellator is the second tier organization to UFC.

Lol UFC belts are faker than fake. Worthless pieces of shit that get handed out to whoever sells more.
Yea,Nah.

It does mean something if you defend it against the contenders and they cant take it from you.

Like Uriah got all those opps,and never got it done. Randy used that underdog status and reached out and took it.

Uriah got it done, just back in WEC which I consider equal to the UFC belt since they were the top organization for anyone fighting at 135-145.

No I don't think any of them would do exceptionally well in the UFC. Alvarez was the only one who managed to succeed but he made his name in a lot of promotions, not a "Bellator fighter" as such. People thought Will Brooks would challenge for the title but he couldn't even keep up with the journeymen.

People are talking now like Ryan Bader is some world beater because he's clearing Bellator out, but in the UFC he was as average as they come.

Bader was top 5 in the UFC when he left, that is not average.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/3/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-114533

Last edited:
Randy was legitimately the best 05er in the world at age 39/40 after dropping down from the heavyweight division. Pretty much everyone at the time new it aside from delusional Wanderlei fans (Wand was a badass, but never the best in the world.)

Randy went 2-2 at ages 38/39. With the 2 victories over the same guy

Thats kinda my point

Uriah got it done, just back in WEC which I consider equal to the UFC belt since they were the top organization for anyone fighting at 135-145.
You know what i mean. Dude was like 0 - 34 in title fights in the ufc. They gave him as much oppurtunity as randy got,as many as they wanted to give him. If hed beaten Petr yan heda got another one. Randy actually won 5 world titles,and he didnt beat nobody easy to get em

Randy went 2-2 at ages 38/39.

Thats kinda my point
At 205 he was obviously the best, for a couple years. Made Liddell, Tito and Vitor all look like sparring partners.

Why are you criticizing Wilder? Joshua is the one who hasn't fought one of the other top 3 best boxers.

Because Wilder refused the Joshua fight. He pretends that he didn't but the offer was there and he didn't sign it.

Fury looked like shit in his 2 comeback fights (and wasn't ranked top 3 by anyone) which is why Wilder signed to fight him and he looked shit it in one of his 2 fights after Wilder which is why it's happening again.
Wilder WBC champ since Jan 17, 2015 in his 33rd fight unification fights 0.
Joshua IBF champ 9 Apr 9, 2016 in his 16th fight, unification fights 2.

Wilder takes no risks at all. He should have been the won with 3 or 4 belts BEFORE Joshua even fought for 1 of them, he turned pro 5 years earlier. If Joshua did things like Wilder he wouldn't have even fought for a belt yet.

You know what i mean. Dude was like 0 - 34 in title fights in the ufc. They gave him as much oppurtunity as randy got,as many as they wanted to give him. If hed beaten Petr yan heda got another one. Randy actually won 5 world titles,and he didnt beat nobody easy to get em

Yeah, I know Couture got had more success in his title fights than Uriah overall, my point was over 50% of his fights were title fights while not having more than 4 wins in a row. If he weren't as popular as he was he wouldn't have gotten nearly as many chances to fight for a belt.

Because Wilder refused the Joshua fight. He pretends that he didn't but the offer was there and he didn't sign it.

Fury looked like shit in his 2 comeback fights (and wasn't ranked top 3 by anyone) which is why Wilder signed to fight him and he looked shit it in one of his 2 fights after Wilder which is why it's happening again.
Wilder WBC champ since Jan 17, 2015 in his 33rd fight unification fights 0.
Joshua IBF champ 9 Apr 9, 2016 in his 16th fight, unification fights 2.

Wilder takes no risks at all. He should have been the won with 3 or 4 belts BEFORE Joshua even fought for 1 of them, he turned pro 5 years earlier. If Joshua did things like Wilder he wouldn't have even fought for a belt yet.

Wilder has fought one of the top 3 ranked fighters in the world and is doing so again. Joshua hasn't. I would like to see Joshua fight Wilder or Fury but I think he gets beaten by both, Wilder KOs him and Fury would out box him.

Wanderlei was never the best fighter in the world at 205, ever. He got that title by beating up a past-prime dude who would have fought at 70 in the UFC. He had clear losses to Tito and Vitor and lost to Chuck when he got that opportunity. The idea that he was the best in the world was a fallacy back then and I'm amazed to see people perpetuate still, with the gift of hindsight. (I know, Rampage beat Chuck. But Wanderlei beat Rampage Chuck and Chuck beat Wanderlei, so it's hard to rank them. At one point, when Chuck and Wand were both the undisputed Champions of their orgs, Chuck beats Wand head to head, and would every time. Randy also tooled Chuck, Tito and Vitor when he dropped to 05, all three guys that beat Wanderlei.)

Liddell was older than Wanderlei if I recall correctly, but Wanderlei never would've done well against Liddell: better chin, counter puncher, smarter/more accurate striker with better power, better wrestler. Chuck beats him every time. Mir had a motorcycle accident that broke his fucking femur and multiple nasty stoppage losses by the time he fought Nogueira, who was still considered elite and impossible to stop.

Wanderlei was ranked number 1 in the world at 205 from when he won the 2003 MWGP till he lost to Arona in 2005 which was when Shogun became the number 1 guy in the world. Not everyone ages the same, or accumulates the same amount of wear and tear and injuries. Wanderlei also fought way more often than Liddell, same with Big Nog over Mir which is why both declined at an earlier age.

Lima beats Usman and Pitbull beats Volk. Best WW and FW in the world imo

At 205 he was obviously the best, for a couple years. Made Liddell, Tito and Vitor all look like sparring partners.

He lost to chuck and Vitor aswell(i know it was by freakish eye incident)

Beating chuck tito and Vitor is great
In that same period..

Rampage - igor randleman ninja chuck arona

Shogun - cyborg babalu gono rampage lil nog arona overeem

Then you have wanderlei Henderson lil nog arona etc

When the majority of talent is beating the crap out of each other on another continent and you're still occasionally losing without evenhaving to compete against them.. There's an asterisk

Not daying he couldn't compete but he wasn't undisputed anything at anytime

That's kind of the same when Pride and UFC were around, UFC was the second tier organization to Pride and now Bellator is the second tier organization to UFC.
Thing is, you can argue that PRIDE and the UFC were a bit closer talent-wise back then than Bellator and the UFC are now. When you consider that PRIDE's OWGP champion, CroCop came over to the UFC which much hype from the UFC and many fans here on Sherdog that he would dominate, only to not do well at all.

Then some other well-thought of UFC champions like Arlovski and Sylvia went up against PRIDE's last HW champion in Fedor, and they got dispatched handily.

Back