If you consider chuck and randy world champions, then you must do the same for Lima and pitbull!!!

Isthat-yo bop

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I just have to say this , I’m starting to think sherdog is ran by ufc interns. I see comments saying bellator/ one fc belts are worthless. People still downplay the significance of the strikeforce title . Randy And chuck we’re never the best in their respective division . No one ever questions their champ status . But a guy like Lima who showcases world class talent isn’t a top five WW? Also chuck had the chance to prove it and he lost . Is the ufc belt the only one that can be recognized as a world title ?

All belts apart from the real UFC belts are as legitimate as the BMF title.

Lima's best win is a snoozefest against a washed up Rory

Pipe down, he would get 50-42'd by Colby and KO'd stiff by Wonderboy.

It's a Myth

Huge Lima fan here

Mate you don't have a very good eye..

That's just my opinion.

UFC and pride were considered to both be valid due to the UFC having a longer history and more weight classes than pride,helped their legitimacy.

Strikeforce was absorbed by the ufc,and when it was around they had a hw champ in Alistair who won the belt and then didnt fight for them for 2 yrs cos he had better shit to do.

Too many other mma promotions have come and gone now.

What is next, considering also the WMMA champs in third tier orgs as world champions?

Ur saying a volume puncher , will beat one of the best counter strikers in the sport ? Styles make fights

I actually for one dont like that champs are not allowed to fight for different promotion belt. Imagine a guy like Tony fighting Khabib for bellator and UFC titles. People who dont consider bellator or one champions as champs are stupid. Those guys have earned thier respective titles

The talent pool is shallower, but of course there are legit champs outside of the UFC.
If they were no threat, the UFC would allow their fighters to just beat everyone in interpromotional fights.

They are champions, just of a less prestigious promotion

Just like boxers with belts nobody cares about

He very well might be top 5. But tbe bellator champ isn't the top ww and everyone knows it.

Nobody doubts Strikeforce from what I've seen. A lot of their champs went in to be UFC champs or title contenders. Bellator on the other hand, never got anywhere close to either. It's a small step above the regional promotions, and that's being generous.

Yeah, no, he wouldn't.

Randy and Chuck absolutely were the best in their division in their respective moments. That's a dumbass statement.

Lima and Pitbull are world champs. It's like boxing, there are different belts (without cross promotion fights.) There's not one Ring Magazine MMA title.

Back