If wrestlers make the best mma fighters

I would say that fly is weakest, but he's no longer fly. Bantam is deep enough to be considered competitive. I would argue the technical skill level is higher than the heavier weights though, since KOs are harder to come by.
i mean in wrestling not mma

also fly wights areee more technical than hws in all fighting sports hws are the less technical but thats not why their are less kos at fly wight..

its due to them being to small not powerful enough to ko their opponents with single strikes. same with womens mma u rarely see kos outside 145

Well the other placers were a japanese, russian, and Bulgarian. So i guess its pretty diverse.

Even in the states, what sports fit a 125lb man even if he is athletic? The other weight classes that are closer to the "athletic build" have to compete for atheletes against other sports.
soccer? baseball?

also fly wights areee more technical than hws in all fighting sports hws are the less technical but thats not why their are less kos at fly wight..

This is a common sentiment, but in grappling it's pretty apocryphal. Guys at lower weights have higher strength to weight ratios; they are faster, which doesn't necessarily mean more 'technical' (that great unspecified word), just more explosive and exciting and dynamic looking.

Techniques used by heavyweights at top levels are optimized for efficiency in moving and moving with and moving around very heavy weights; it is a great place to mine ideas for generally reliable strategies that anyone can pick up and benefit from, especially people new to grappling.

Last edited:
This is a common sentiment, but in grappling it's really impoverished. Guys at lower weights have higher strength to weight ratios; they are faster, which doesn't necessarily mean more 'technical' (that great unspecified word), just more explosive and exciting and dynamic looking.

Techniques used by heavyweights at top levels are optimized for efficiency in moving and moving with and moving around very heavy weights; it is a great place to mine ideas for generally reliable strategies that anyone can pick up and benefit from, especially people new to grappling.
In ufc for instance it’s pretty common that guys at 170 are more technical than he u hardly ever see chain wrestling at hw for instance

In ufc for instance it’s pretty common that guys at 170 are more technical than he u hardly ever see chain wrestling at hw for instance

I specified grappling in the post you quoted; that is, sports like freestyle, collegiate, ibjjf, et cetera.

I specified grappling in the post you quoted; that is, sports like freestyle, collegiate, ibjjf, et cetera.

well i feel hws r becoming more technical now remember cyborg was the first big guy to really have a inverted game and good open guard big guys only did smash passing till around 2013 i feel and tbh its still like that vs most black belts i know who are big

watching guys teaching tecs under 160s look much more technical tho to me than when i watch marcus almedia and roger teaching

Wouldnt olympic medalist transition and make more money in the ufc. Wouldn't they take over ufc
No. Olympic medalist get 200k a year college coaching gigs with full retirement and benefits ontop of the crazy money they get from private camps

High level wrestlers actually have skills that can make them money in the real world.
Elite coaching + camps is lucrative and no CTE

Cael Sanderson makes probably 300k+ a year
I use to train with Jamill Kelly and he told me straight up he would make over 5k for a 3 day weekend kids camp and in the summer over 10k a week for summer programs. This was all on top of his private school gig he had where his base pay was 70k a year for some small BS super low stress school (private lessons 125 an hour and he kept everything).

If your even good enough to make it to the olympic trials your pretty much guranteed a six figure job for life. Wrestling (college + private schools + club teams + camps) is big money.

Unlike MMA these high level wrestlers actually have skills that they can easily monetize

really

really? maybe im thinking of average wrestling coaches then? read somewhere where they were makin around 36-50k
My highschool coach (who teaches in a state that doesn't even have D1 college programs) makes 61k a year for 4 core classes + wrestling.

36-50k isn't even highschool level, let alone college.

dont college coaches also have to teach a course in college lie how coaches in sports in h usually teach an elective class
No. There full time athletic department employees.

For most colleges in the US you need at least a masters degree to teach at a community college and a PhD for university (if teaching was a requirement you wouldn't have an athletic department, very few coaches can meet the degree requirement)

Last edited:
Back